POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Where have all the diplomats gone?

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am

The arguments for why everyone should hate the NFL players for taking a knee or hate the NFL for not firing them shift constantly, depending on the person and the situation. It's just straight up white people not wanting to think or care about black people, so if they HAVE to see it during their sports, where black men perform for their pleasure, it's instant rage and indignation. Making a shitty white dude have to think about black people's feelings or politics is a full on assault to patriotism, decency and everything good in the world to these people, but someone being called racist is worst than ACTING racist. People are garbage.

Chankgeez wrote:Lots of cultures/religions have menstruation taboos, boo. At some point they must've served some purpose or at least the men thought they did. It's probably still a widespread practice amongst certain "more orthodox" groups. (Most likely as a means to control women.) :idk:

It probably doesn't serve a purpose, beyond being icky to guys. That or they probably assumed they could get sick from being near a menstruating woman or something. Again, people are garbage.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:26 am

jwar wrote:So, I'm not sure how all you folks feel about the whole NFL/Anthem thing but I want to share my thoughts as I cannot do it anywhere else because people are too sensitive.

I don't stand for the anthem or put my hand over my heart for the pledge because those are dangerous customs that encourage backward thinking. Maybe it's because I emigrated from another country when I was quite young, but patriotism has never struck me as anything but a stone on the path to hate-mongering nationalism. I like where I live, and I like where I'm from, but I don't celebrate those places or swear allegiance to them, because that sort of behaviour just builds walls between people and fosters pointless hate. I'm glad people in the public eye are finally taking a stand (er, sit) against blind patriotism.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Bloodhammer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 pm

From what I understand, the singing of the national anthem at ALL sports games in the U.S. began in 1941-1942 during World War II. Before that, it was a way to get the crowd motivated at baseball games. Until 2009, at least concerning primetime football games, the players stayed in the locker room during the singing of the anthem. No one seems to remember how much football players hated America before 1942 or 2009.

"In God we trust" wasn't required by law to be printed on U.S. currency until 1956 to distinguish Americans from atheist commies. At some point in the future there will be a "scandal" about removing that phrase, since, well, the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment doesn't seem to condone it. The American flag lapel pin that politicians dare not be seen without nowadays came from the Republican party's adoption of the pin in 1970 to show solidarity against the counter culture movement (whom were known for wearing American flag shirts and whatnot, which is a bit ironic.). I remember a "scandal" a few years ago about Obama allegedly not wearing the lapel pin - thus proving him anti-American, at least according to "patriots".

Basically it's all just memes. Defy the memes at your peril.
Bloodhammer

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Yeah.. but sports and fascism go hand in hand take up here.. everywhere you go the fucking letter 12.. everywhere... it's like a fucking uniform up here.. first they all wear 12s then they put the people that don't have a 12 on them into gas chambers.. it's simple math.. the Aztecs were the only ones that got it, the ones good playing the ball game got sacrificed to the sun god, keeps the type A people from getting out of control and fucking everything up :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Bloodhammer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Well, I guess my point is that the "issue" doesn't have anything to do with sports or American football per se. It doesn't even have anything to do with patriotism. It's all about getting conservatives angry by appealing to their sense of tradition, or more accurately, appealing to their sense of outrage at the breaking of tradition. The details don't actually matter because:

Corey Y wrote:The arguments for why everyone should hate the NFL players for taking a knee or hate the NFL for not firing them shift constantly, depending on the person and the situation. It's just straight up white people not wanting to think or care about black people, so if they HAVE to see it during their sports, where black men perform for their pleasure, it's instant rage and indignation. Making a shitty white dude have to think about black people's feelings or politics is a full on assault to patriotism, decency and everything good in the world to these people, but someone being called racist is worst than ACTING racist.

This is what is wrapped up in the whole outrage over the breaking of the tradition of standing, with hand over heart, for the national anthem. The much longer and more deeply entrenched tradition of white hegemony. It's all pretty obvious to many of us, but the issue is; how does one counter that with similar techniques? Can't somebody figure out a way to get conservatives outraged that their "Washington outsiders" are the exact same kind of fat cats that they wanted "drained" from the "swamp"? Trying to eradicate racism is a noble cause, but it is not only insurmountable (at least for the time being), but also a red herring for progressives.

I think the bigger issue is getting rid of the source of fabricated outrage, rather than playing whack-a-mole with the nonstop barrage of it.
Bloodhammer

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:57 pm

The source of the fabricated outrage?

The Russians. :idk:

Divide & conquer, divide & conquer. :snax:

I'm gonna start practicing my penmanship in Cyrillic. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Chankgeez wrote:The source of the fabricated outrage?

The Russians. :idk:

Divide & conquer, divide & conquer. :snax:

I'm gonna start practicing my penmanship in Cyrillic. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpQ4O0poB0
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Bloodhammer wrote:Well, I guess my point is that the "issue" doesn't have anything to do with sports or American football per se. It doesn't even have anything to do with patriotism. It's all about getting conservatives angry by appealing to their sense of tradition, or more accurately, appealing to their sense of outrage at the breaking of tradition. The details don't actually matter because:

Corey Y wrote:The arguments for why everyone should hate the NFL players for taking a knee or hate the NFL for not firing them shift constantly, depending on the person and the situation. It's just straight up white people not wanting to think or care about black people, so if they HAVE to see it during their sports, where black men perform for their pleasure, it's instant rage and indignation. Making a shitty white dude have to think about black people's feelings or politics is a full on assault to patriotism, decency and everything good in the world to these people, but someone being called racist is worst than ACTING racist.

This is what is wrapped up in the whole outrage over the breaking of the tradition of standing, with hand over heart, for the national anthem. The much longer and more deeply entrenched tradition of white hegemony. It's all pretty obvious to many of us, but the issue is; how does one counter that with similar techniques? Can't somebody figure out a way to get conservatives outraged that their "Washington outsiders" are the exact same kind of fat cats that they wanted "drained" from the "swamp"? Trying to eradicate racism is a noble cause, but it is not only insurmountable (at least for the time being), but also a red herring for progressives.

I think the bigger issue is getting rid of the source of fabricated outrage, rather than playing whack-a-mole with the nonstop barrage of it.

I think the genie is out of the bottle there though mate.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Chankgeez wrote:jwar, your argument essentially pits nationalism against religion.

Yes, I know this. What's your point. ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:47 pm

It's a complicated intersection of subjects. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Chankgeez wrote:It's a complicated intersection of subjects. :idk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lc86JUAwwg
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:

Is this just some Jewish joke?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:

Is this just some Jewish joke?

Why would I make just some jewish joke? pretty sure it's a roman joke... :poke:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 pm

:lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion