POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: All I wanna do is #MAGA

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 pm

jwar, honestly, I think it all stems from the way he conducts himself.

He's there because he really has no choice. It's expected of him. That's one of the responsibilites of being President. Can you just imagine what people'd be saying if he wasn't there? I'm sure he'll help people. To some extent it's really out of his hands. He has to.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Chankgeez wrote:He's there because he really has no choice. It's expected of him. That's one of the responsibilites of being President.

Giving $1 Mil for relief wasn't expected of him. :poke:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:42 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:He's there because he really has no choice. It's expected of him. That's one of the responsibilites of being President.

Agreed.

I honestly think this is the one thing I can say, he's done a damn good job with.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:51 pm

jrfox92 wrote:

No, agreed. That was nice of him.

He didn't give $1M in an official capacity as POTUS though. That's as a private citizen. Most past Presidents probably wouldn't've been able to afford to do that either.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:33 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:11 am

:facepalm:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:09 pm

jwar wrote:So, serious question. Why the hell is he being critiqued for helping out? I'm not a huge Trump fan, but good God almighty it's fucking annoying. I saw Fox saying shit about his hat choice today. What the actual fuck is wrong with this country? At least he's there. I hope he's helping those poor people who need it.

Because he seems to lack basic empathy or human kindness. He had to go back to Houston for a do-over, because his first trip down there he was just going through the motions. He didn't meet a single evacuee the first trip down. Yeah, that would be largely symbolic. But symbolism is a huge part of being president.

"Have a good time" - Trump to reporters and flood evacuees at a shelter.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Do you think we could get Wall Street bankers classified as a street gang?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 am

K2000 wrote:
jwar wrote:So, serious question. Why the hell is he being critiqued for helping out? I'm not a huge Trump fan, but good God almighty it's fucking annoying. I saw Fox saying shit about his hat choice today. What the actual fuck is wrong with this country? At least he's there. I hope he's helping those poor people who need it.

Because he seems to lack basic empathy or human kindness. He had to go back to Houston for a do-over, because his first trip down there he was just going through the motions. He didn't meet a single evacuee the first trip down. Yeah, that would be largely symbolic. But symbolism is a huge part of being president.

"Have a good time" - Trump to reporters and flood evacuees at a shelter.

I mean, I get what you're saying but at least he's doing it now.

The comments you mentioned, I have read. I'm in no position to say "well he probably meant this or that", however if I were to guess, I'd could only assume he was attempting to make light of a horrible situation. I doubt it was meant to be hurtful, he's just a guy who doesn't think before he speaks.

I can't defend his actions because I think he's done a lot of really fucked up things, but I will say on this, I think he's doing what's right. Even if it is in his own Trump crazy man way.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:05 am

Chankgeez wrote:Do you think we could get Wall Street bankers classified as a street gang?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

No but some of the people in Antifa are making the others look bad. It's sad because they have a great cause but people get out of hand when they are passionate about things.

Wall Street needs to be reclassified as douche street. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby drolo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 am

drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 am

try watching that while listening to Einsturzende Neubauten
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 am

That's a good idea. :idea: Or listen to Trump while watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAuUrWJ1v9c
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:40 pm

5 minutes into Marc Maron and he's already 10 times better than all the other comedians I've seen talking about Trump.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:29 pm

jrfox92 wrote:5 minutes into Marc Maron and he's already 10 times better than all the other comedians I've seen talking about Trump.

Everything I've ever heard from Marc Maron confirms this is true, without even hearing it. The guy knows narcissistic dysfunction backwards and forwards. When you get a lot of experience with addicts and fucked up parents, after a while you see certain types of people and just go "oh yeah, I recognize you".
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion