POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 am

Chankgeez wrote:My sources tell me Missouri is vying to become part of the Swiss Confederation. :idk:

What are you smoking sir? I demand said source being a native to Missouri.

MO and KS need to go fuck themselves for real though for many reasons. So sick of the midwest.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:20 am

dubkitty wrote:one wonders if they understand that they're requiring literally every PoC, leftist, antifascist, and anarchist in the state of Missouri to be armed? be careful what you ask for, for you may get it!

It doesn't even make sense.

MO just passed the medical Marijuana bill which makes you give up your gun ownership. LOL. Someone is just being a tool with legislation. Not surprising. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some other agenda behind it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Sonaboy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:33 am

Jwar wrote: I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some other agenda behind it.

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am

In reference to Chank for jwar: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland

Sonaboy wrote:
Jwar wrote: I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some other agenda behind it.

Haha, yeah, of course it's another agenda. Dude doesn't literally want to arm everybody. He's gotta know there is a terrorist around every corner!*

It reeks of gun lobby/corporations looking for publicity and possibly a payout.

The AR15 one especially. There is no known penalty at the time (last I checked), but they are building a tax write off into the purchase. So if you own your family's cap and ball shotgun, no right off...but you already own a gun, so it isn't so bad just to store one for the tax benefit.

They're just lining the dude's pocket and trying to solidify a red vote with a, "See we tried" kinda thing. If they were really wanting to make a militia, a better way to do it would be with free/paid job training in a national-guard-style state-based guard situation, but then they might be getting in some trouble with the Fed. At least people may get some training out of it.

Just publicity with money and potential benefits post public position.

Also, you could say the timing post med marijuana is a Nixon/Regan-like setup to keep the socio-economic structure as is or to make it even more stratified...but I doubt that much thought went into it. Just another BS, money switchin' hands publicity thing.

*Sarcasm
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:50 am

(my source works in the Swiss arms industry, but I've already said too much. :surprise: )

Yeah, I think the 2nd Amendment is probably the most contentious part of the Constitution. :idk: Everyone has their own take on what the wording means. (especially since the country/world is much different today than when it was written.)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:22 pm

https://twitter.com/HenryJGomez/status/ ... 2739269632

Jesus, you don't have to shove your kinks into everyone's face.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:24 pm

Avocado turd. I get it.

hahahaha wtf

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Gonna propose that Joe Biden adopt this as his campaign theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVR4IY5nBY

:idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm

I just looked at the RNC list. hahahahaha. Worst probably ever! The DNC isn't much better. How many old politicians can we fit in one room? Apparently a lot.

I don't see a single candidate I'd even consider right now.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Faldoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 pm

The reaction to ban certain guns in the way of the NZ shooting...

Chelsea Clinton being accused of being complicit in the shooting.

We are in stupid times where the dumbest and loudest voices get the attention.
Faldoe

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Indeed.

Unfortunately, the dumbest and loudest voice is POTUS. :cry:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 pm

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:50 am

9/11 altered the fabric of reality and, out of all the possible timelines, we ended up with the dumbest one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 pm

It would be in the democrats’ best interest to remind themselves of the GOP’s reaction to the Star report and not follow the same strategy.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:52 am

Now that Muller didn't find evidence of collusion (DUH...Jesus what a waste of fucking resources). What do you think those fucking dumb shit will focus on now? I bet is to prove Trump right by continuing their witch hunt (which it is at this point, let's be honest with ourselves here) and secure his re-election by making the entire DNC look like a bunch of children.

The Trump investigation was the biggest fucking waste of time and effort I've seen this country put out in a long time. Did they really think he'd go to jail? Now all the conspiracy theories will start. You know because those are only true when it comes to the RNC.

Even if any of it was true, I knew he'd never go to jail or be impeached by this process. Just dumb and a show for people to watch.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion