POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: "unequipped to handle the genius of our great President"

Postby Faldoe » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 am

Chankgeez wrote:Soon to be popular last-minute Halloween costume?

:animal:

Thats racist :poke:
Faldoe

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:13 am

:idk: Maybe it is racist. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 pm

the fade job on that beard belongs at the ICP festival, preferably coated in Faygo.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Faldoe » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:52 am

Chankgeez wrote::idk: Maybe it is racist. :idk:

I was joking. There is the whole thing about Halloween costumes..
Faldoe

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 am

… they're all racist? :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:28 pm

The term is "problematic".
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Why, did you have a problem dyeing your beard those colors? :lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm

:cool:
Based on my license photo alone, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on the same list that dude was.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:15 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Chankgeez wrote:… they're all racist? :idk:

Everything is racist. :joy:

jrfox92 wrote:Image
The term is "problematic".

Indeed. It's a term used by progressives to dismiss something they have a problem with, without actually explain why/how they have a problem with it. The use of the term in and of itself is supposed to be the argument/explanation.
Faldoe

Postby TraceItalian » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Faldoe wrote:Indeed. It's a term used by progressives to dismiss something they have a problem with, without actually explain why/how they have a problem with it. The use of the term in and of itself is supposed to be the argument/explanation.

Whoda thunk that folks would have issue with folks dressing up in caricaturized outfits of civilizations their ancestor's fucked over in one way or another. Ain't this world crazy?
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby TheTransient » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Faldoe wrote:
Indeed. It's a term used by progressives to dismiss something they have a problem with, without actually explain why/how they have a problem with it. The use of the term in and of itself is supposed to be the argument/explanation.

Sometimes you kind of want to express that something is kinda shit without having to spend an hour dissecting the issue because someone "doesn't get it" :idk:

And to be fair, that person who "doesn't get it" is likely to argue the contrary even if you present a fair and reasonable explanation/argument. Some people actually don't WANT to get it, and would prefer to stay in the safe, sheltered life of ignorance and hate, because that is often easier than questioning your own culture/history/opinions/feelings/ego etc.
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Faldoe » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:17 pm

TheTransient wrote:
Faldoe wrote:

Sometimes you kind of want to express that something is kinda shit without having to spend an hour dissecting the issue because someone "doesn't get it" :idk:

And to be fair, that person who "doesn't get it" is likely to argue the contrary even if you present a fair and reasonable explanation/argument. Some people actually don't WANT to get it, and would prefer to stay in the safe, sheltered life of ignorance and hate, because that is often easier than questioning your own culture/history/opinions/feelings/ego etc.

This seems to imply anyone that uses "That is problematic" is in the right and the person asking for them to substantiate how is in the wrong.

TraceItalian wrote:
Faldoe wrote:Indeed. It's a term used by progressives to dismiss something they have a problem with, without actually explain why/how they have a problem with it. The use of the term in and of itself is supposed to be the argument/explanation.

Whoda thunk that folks would have issue with folks dressing up in caricaturized outfits of civilizations their ancestor's fucked over in one way or another. Ain't this world crazy?

Yes, that is a valid point but it seems not every indigenous person finds it problematic. Often the loudest voices condemning this aren't themselves from that cultural linage. Not that one has to be indigenous to raise a valid point on this topic. And I think wearing headdresses is stupid but the problematic culture - the people that use it all the time to describe things - are more part of the new religion coming from the left which sees everything through these lenses.

I will argue as well that Trump will win in 2020 if the voices within the Democratic party that drink this ideological kool aid gain power. If you want Trump out of office, as I do, you need to win back previous Obama supporters that went for Trump in swing states. You aren't going to do that with left-wing woke contests.

This was a great costume.

Faldoe

Postby TheTransient » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Faldoe wrote: This seems to imply anyone that uses "That is problematic" is in the right and the person asking for them to substantiate how is in the wrong.

I know I used a very specific example at the end there, but I guess my post was more a general reply about the use of the word problematic without elaboration. My thought is that if you/I have an issue with something another person/group does, especially in relation to a social/political issue, saying "eh, that's kinda problematic" is probably the most polite way of expressing that you disagree with the statement/sentiment/action the other person/group is taking/expressing. Sometimes leaving the rest unsaid is a better option. Maybe elaborating is not practical or possible because of where you are or who you are with. Maybe you want to express that you disagree, but any elaboration would likely lead to the other person being offended/upset, and maybe you don't want to do that because, despite what they said, you actually like that person. Sometimes you don't have the energy, patience or time to continue the conversation past that point. Sometimes you know that elaborating and clarifying is a waste of time because you know it won't change anything on either side, so what would be the point? I dunno man, you can probably imagine a thousand scenarios where not elaborating is likely the best course of action. That's all I'm saying bro :idk:
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Faldoe » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 am

Yes, I get what you are saying, completely. Well said!
Faldoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion