POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/"abolition of civil rights" is wishful thinki

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm

dubkitty wrote:i said years and years ago that Hilary would never be President...she's consistently pulled among the highest negative poll ratings of any prominent American politician. not to mention that she's rather a piece of work: arrogant af, condescending without any attempt to bridge the gap, and just generally unpleasant. she kind of fucked up the Hillary-Care thing as well. this state is pale blue, so i knew i was covered so i stayed home in 2016. i could not bring myself to vote for her. she and Bill were always a waste of space and oxygen.

THIS. Totally this.

If the Dems would have picked someone else, I think things would be a bit different now.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby dubkitty » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:08 pm

like ANYBODY else.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:22 am

As unappetizing as the thought is, Biden absolutely would have won in '16. Obama clearing the deck for Hillary (until Bernie stepped in) was one of the worst political decisions he ever made (which is saying something).
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby MSUsousaphone » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:26 am

Being as how the DNC rigged the primaries for Hillary to win....the blame has to fall there. As bad as Trump is, it's disappointing the Dems have been playing the "hate Trump" card and ignoring that the party needs reform.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:48 am

Tired of seeing RBG hagiography from #resistance friends, she should have retired in 2010.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am

Hot take: Bernie and Biden are nearly the same age, neither should've ever even been considered for the presidency.
It's bad enough having a president as old as Trump, but 4-5 years older? N o p e
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 am

I wouldn't say their age alone disqualifies 'em. More than the political climate's changed (and continues to change) at a rapid pace. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:40 am

Agree with above 100%. We need less old politicians and more younger ones that are free thinkers. So...basically fuck the two party system. Our country needs something else.

Also, the DNC doesn't care because they can't get all those nice payouts from their super delegates if they don't put someone in power that will work for them.

I personally think the whole country needs to just shut the fuck up about Trump and move on. Yes, keep his ass in check but good God almighty. How many hours and dollars are we going to waste attempting to put the guy in jail when it's NEVER going to fucking happen. I mean, come on. Don't we have better things to do like prepare to beat him in the next election? He is a direct result of a truly broken system. If Trump can win, regardless of how that actually occurred, our shit is beyond fucked up. Fix it damn it. Fix the system and stop harping on the mistakes you assholes let happen (talking about the government here). They are solely responsible for this shit. It's not our voting. It's them.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 am

Chankgeez wrote:I wouldn't say their age alone disqualifies 'em. More than the political climate's changed (and continues to change) at a rapid pace. :idk:

I disagree.

I personally think anyone over the age of 65 should immediately be booted out of office and replaced by younger people. Kick all those old Supreme Court Justices to the curb as well as most of Congress. Get their old ideals out of there. They are beyond being able to be progressive from decades of being brainwashed pawns.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 am

Come on Chank! 7 minutes and no retort!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am

:lol: I was doin' laundry. :idk:

That's right, jwar, don't trust anyone over 30. :oldrant:

AOC, FTW! :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm

AOC is the Peavey amps of politicans
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Jwar wrote: So...basically fuck the two party system. Our country needs something else.

That's basically the jist of this thread. :D

friendship wrote:AOC is the Peavey amps of politicans

Too soon to say if AOC has the stayin' power of Peavey. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Solid, reliable, gets the job done, but ultimately unexciting? I'm not sure what you're getting at here. She seems more like Science to me.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:55 pm

As I've said before, AOC needs to learn two very important things if she wants to stay around for a while:

1. Demanding Congress adopt every single platform RIGHT FUCKING NOW never works and often breeds resentment and fractures/averts alliances. Especially if you do it in a situation where there's no way in hell the opposition-controlled sister chamber and White House will hop on board. It didn't work for the tea party, nor did it work with the alt right or Obama's first term, both of which were situations where the same party controlled Congress and the White House! The only reason W got away with it in his first term was because of 9/11, and I'm more convinced that was Cheney and Rumsfeld taking advantage of a vulnerable American populace..

2. Her district is very left-leaning. My district is not. The blue districts that turned their backs on Hillary in 2016 are not. What she wants may very well work for her constituents, but as we saw in the 2018 election it does not mesh well with other parts of the country, even those that are younger and more left-leaning than their parents. She needs to temper her expectations on what will be accepted by the American public and adjust based on that rather than what her philosophical platform is, otherwise her tenure will be very short lived (see for example Joe Garcia - he signed on for a lot of the same policies AOC does but like her demanded everything up front and was subsequently roasted when he ran for re-election after his first term)

Is very loud and a good choice for first-timers until they realize there are better, more refined choices out there if they just do a little more research?
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion