POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: apolitical/bitter partisanship/chronic dysfunction threa

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 am

I don’t get why the media and democrats are going bananas over the report. I’ve read most of Volume 2 and from what I’ve seen there isn’t anything with enough substance to flip enough Republicans, be they voters or Congressmen. The GOP has demonstrated they don’t give a flying fuck about Donny’s behavior or attempts at obstruction, so any impeachment moves will hit a wall as soon as it reaches the Senate, assuming it even passes the House. There are three measures in the House to launch an investigation into impeachment, and the optics of going through this exercise only to have Trump survive (AGAIN) are horrible.

The Dems need to come to the realization that they will not be able to impeach Trump and instead focus on gaining more seats in Congress and voting Trump out in 2020.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:22 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:
The Dems need to come to the realization that they will not be able to impeach Trump and instead focus on gaining more seats in Congress and voting Trump out in 2020.

I don't think they really want to. They just want to use this report to show everyone in the mushy, non-partisan middle what fools T and his crew of loyalists are, and how dangerous they are to the country. T's 30% base will never EVER abandon him. The elected GOP may start to abandon him if he keeps sabotaging the party optics going into election season. Keeping T on the defensive accomplishes that.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

I don't think they really want to. They just want to use this report to show everyone in the mushy, non-partisan middle what fools T and his crew of loyalists are, and how dangerous they are to the country. T's 30% base will never EVER abandon him. The elected GOP may start to abandon him if he keeps sabotaging the party optics going into election season. Keeping T on the defensive accomplishes that.

You're right about the 30%, but it will be interesting to see Bill Weld debate him. Weld will never win the nomination, but having a fellow Republican holding Trump's behaviors and non-conservative (in the traditional sense) policies up to the spotlight in a national debate could create erosion among some of the less fanatical Trump supporters.

I still don't think GOP politicians will abandon him. Trump's a rock star with the base, and Republican leaders like Mitch McConnell don't want a civil war that could fracture the party. Besides, Trump has given them 2 SCOTUS justices along with tax breaks and massive deregulation for their rich benefactors. They've subjugated their traditional values on certain issues like foreign policy and the national debt to Trump, and hold their noses on the scandals while desperately hoping they will just go away, all in the name of keeping the base together and winning on other (the aforementioned) fronts. They're also afraid of being primaried.

Perhaps the Republicans should just go ahead and change the name of their party to the Grand Opportunist Party.
Last edited by Lurker13 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

You're right about the 30%, but it will be interesting to see Bill Weld debate him. Weld will never win the nomination, but having a fellow Republican holding Trump's behaviors and non-conservative (in the traditional sense) policies up to the spotlight in a national debate could create erosion among some of the less fanatical Trump supporters.

I still don't think GOP politicians will abandon him. Trump's a rock star with the base, and Republican leaders like Mitch McConnell don't want a civil war that could fracture the party. Besides, Trump has given them 2 SCOTUS justices along with tax breaks and massive deregulation for their rich benefactors. They've subjugated their traditional values on certain issues like foreign policy and the national debt to Trump, and hold their noses on the scandals while desperately hoping they will just go away, all in the name of keeping the base together and winning on other (the aforementioned) fronts. They're also afraid of being primaried.

Perhaps the Republicans should just go ahead and change the name of their party to the Opportunist Party.

#MakeTheGOPRooseveltAgain
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm going to make a prediction. Trump wins 2020 and we have a huge, huge riot in the country like never seen before.

I really think this is a plausible thing. Time will tell.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby repoman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:

The GOP and Trump are not friends, Trump won because of his direct opposition to the GOP, he could care less what they do, conservative voters are largely disgusted with the GOP.

The people that were the most enthusiastic for Trump in 2016, are now starting to abandon him because he has basically achieved nothing in terms of any of his campaign promises. IE #Yanggang, Coulter tweeting her support of Bernie, etc.

FBI found no collusion, liberal media is still saying there was, case in point the two Russian lawyers that met with Trumps team before hand, which it's now known that these two Russian lawyers were on the payroll of Hilldawgs Fusion GPS.

This hysterical tin foil hat shit is so embarrassing, outlets like NYT are starting to distance themselves from it.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Bill Weld is a smart man.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Bill Weld was a much better governor than Romney. :idk: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby TraceItalian » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/us/p ... oyees.html

I'm sure this won't be a shitshow at all
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Trump Administration is definitely the worst administration ever! :cry:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am

repoman wrote: Hilldawgs Fusion GPS...

This hysterical tin foil hat shit is so embarrassing.

LULZ

Fusion is for sale to anyone who wants to pay. That's what consulting services are.

Mueller's report doesn't exonerate T and his band of fuck ups.
What's embarrassing is the GOPs reflexive Whataboutism and Clinton-did-it constant mantra as misdirection from their obvious win-at-all-costs power grab.
It's a fig leaf for all the financial shell games T and his crew played to funnel money into their pockets from taxpayers and donors. More people will be going to jail.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:55 am

We can rule Klobuchar out of contention:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... u-guys-are

Anybody who has to beg for applause doesn't have a chance. Field's too crowded for that. :idk: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 am

I propose we allow anyone in the world to vote in our next presidential election. (Russian votes count twice?) :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:25 pm

repoman wrote:
The GOP and Trump are not friends, Trump won because of his direct opposition to the GOP, he could care less what they do, conservative voters are largely disgusted with the GOP.

The people that were the most enthusiastic for Trump in 2016, are now starting to abandon him because he has basically achieved nothing in terms of any of his campaign promises.

Nope. Trump has approx. 90% approval rating among Republican voters. 90% !!!

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248135/subgroup-differences-trump-approval-mostly-party-based.aspx
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion