POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The unpolitical thread for non-political politics.

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:09 pm

The weather here is rainy, but moving to Europe generally is pretty difficult.

There is a difference between "free" and "free at point of use." I pay higher taxes now than I did when I lived in the US, but I would have higher take-home earnings earning the same amount of money because of not having to budget for health care -- and I can say that as a person who's about as normal as they come, medically speaking. :idk:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: The unpolitical thread for non-political politics.

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Jwar wrote: They ought to also deregulate the food industry enough to allow them to donate food that is not sold in grocery stores at night.

This has literally nothing to do with regulation and everything to do with capitalists not wanting to give shit away.
There is no regulation against donating food - grocery stores and restaurants use the threat of lawsuits as an excuse but this is a thing that has never happened and donaters would be protected by federal and state laws.

Whole Foods had you throw away all that food because they don't want the poors eating for free when they could be buying $15 almond butter.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Re: Unpolitical thread for non-politics/Make Persia Great Ag

Postby TheTransient » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:30 pm

Be interested how some of you Americans are feeling about the impeachment proceedings? I have caught bits and pieces here and there, and I know that we are now into the defence's case. Just wondering how y'all feel about the case that was brought forward now that its been, well... brought forward.

I also noticed Trump was getting pretty petty with the name calling on Twitter during the proceedings. I mean he has done it for ages, like the perpetual 7-year old brat that he is. But in that one tweet, he rattled off "Adam “Shifty” Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, Nervous Nancy Pelosi", but honestly, the "dumb as a rock AOC" definintely felt like a crossed-line over any of those other names... Straight up schoolyard bully shit :facepalm:

Also did Faldoe dip? His profile is weird and you cant click on it anymore. Banned? Not that I ever agreed with anything he said, but I dunno, just curious.
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:17 pm

Pointless kabuki - there's zero chance of conviction and it's not going to help them win in November, if anything Trump/the GOP will be able to point out that he was found not guilty in a partisan witch hunt and fool some percentage of low-information voters.

I'd have rather they kept the investigation/hearings going in the house right up through the summer. The only way to remove Trump is in November 2020 or by getting his personal KFC chef to double the trans fats in every bucket.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:15 am

Trump was trying to root out corruption in Ukraine, the same way that OJ is hunting for Nicole Simpson's real killers.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TraceItalian » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 am

TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:19 pm

:lol: :cry:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:41 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: "Baby Yoda" 2020

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:46 am

Gone Fission wrote:Beyond the concern about enough prion disease spread giving him a second term, there is the frighteningly real possibility that Shitshow would dismiss a loss as fraud and try to hold onto power. The one great tradition of the presidency is the peaceful transition of power, and most talk of Washington walking away after two terms. Adams walking away after a bitter loss after one term is more important, really. Shitshow is likely to stress test the fuck out of this norm.

Oh, also, we cannot count on good faith in the transition of all executive power in every department and agency: https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/ ... ats-108513

Shitshow the Clown and his band of looters have given ample evidence that they will not operate in good faith. Anyone who doesn’t expect sabotage should not be allowed to use a fork without a cork on it.
http://youtu.be/9eJ0iGZ7Ms8
(Fucking YT is hiding embedable links. Assholes.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: "Baby Yoda" 2020

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:52 am

Gone Fission wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJ0iGZ7Ms8
(Fucking YT is hiding embedable links. Assholes.)

:erm: :wha?:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:25 pm

It's not gonna happen but the Politico piece about a small group of DNC people talking about rejiggering the superdelegate rules in case they need to stop Bernie at the convention is terrifying to contemplate. That would guarantee a second Trump term and probably kill the Democrats chances at the White House for a decade or longer.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby chromandre » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:41 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:It's not gonna happen but the Politico piece about a small group of DNC people talking about rejiggering the superdelegate rules in case they need to stop Bernie at the convention is terrifying to contemplate. That would guarantee a second Trump term and probably kill the Democrats chances at the White House for a decade or longer.

DNC will definitely try to do things like this, the entire thing is setup to stop actual grass roots movements. If anyone cares about Bernie's campaign it would be a good idea to get involved at a local level. I don't completely understand the system but I do know they need our petition signatures to get their approved delegates on the ballot not shifty establishment democrat delegates.
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:32 am

DNC's already stolen the election once. Pretty blatantly, too.
I'm not sure why anyone has any faith in them at all.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:15 am

jrfox92 wrote:DNC's already stolen the election once. Pretty blatantly, too.
I'm not sure why anyone has any faith in them at all.

Faith? I think it's more being raped by a jackass is slightly less painful than by a elephant...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 am

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion