POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How'll the summit go??? Make your predictions here!

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:What other way is there for it to swing? :lol: :doom:

Will it really swing? will it really matter? will a difference really be made? The dems are caught up in a massive internal battle so even if there is any swing will it swing? and a swing song will not help you.

I thought that was the main tenet of this thread? :idea: :whoa: :hello: Full circle. :erm: :yay:

I know.... we are just spiraling ever downwards...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:What other way is there for it to swing? :lol: :doom:

Will it really swing? will it really matter? will a difference really be made? The dems are caught up in a massive internal battle so even if there is any swing will it swing? and a swing song will not help you.

I thought that was the main tenet of this thread? :idea: :whoa: :hello: Full circle. :erm: :yay:

I know.... we are just spiraling ever downwards...

YUP. Unless the party unifies it's going to be one fringe faction after the other constantly fucking everything up, and the inconsistency and instability will make it much more difficult for anyone to trust the government due to it being unable to get anything done. If you think Congress is bad now, it's just gonna get worse before it gets better. We haven't hit rock bottom yet and at this point I'm afraid of how much deeper it goes.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: "(but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton)"

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:We are all kinds of super fucked. As in "holy shit Ms. Diver and I are seriously looking at moving to Canada" super fucked. From G7:

Trump threatens U.S. allies on trade as he exits G7 summit | Reuters

Trump calls for Russia's G-7 reinstatement, adding to deep tensions with allies at sumit | LA Times

Trump: Will know within 'first minute' if North Korea is serious about giving up nukes | The Hill

Fuck me dead. I work with a few economics PhDs and public policy/public health gurus and they're all bracing for impact with the downstream ramifications of this git's inanity and lack of foresight. The butterfly effect of Friday will be very bad to everyone below the median HH income, and even people just north if it. Get ready for your grocery bills to potentially triple in parts of the country! :picard:

I predict the G-7 is about to become the G-6. :picard:

The people winning here are Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping as they watch the West fracture and turn on itself as we antagonize our closest allies. I really hope that when Trump is gone the damage can be repaired.

Regardless of what happens with the impeachment talk, if a Democrat or non-Trumpian is elected in 2020, we'll have at least 4 years before the damage is undone, likely longer if it's a Republican, even one who's not like Trump (Kasich, Susan Collins, etc). If one of Trump's evangelicals winds up getting elected after Trump we might as well bite the pillow, spread our cheeks, and point them towards China and Russia.

As an aside, Susan Collins sucks.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:08 am

Don't they all? :whoa: :hello: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: "(but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton)"

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 am

D.o.S. wrote:As an aside, Susan Collins sucks.

Yes, but she's also the R who will most likely be the face of the party post-Trump, since she was who popped up in my 20 seconds of googling "republicans who most side with democrats"

In world events....

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Apparently, Larry Kudlow just had a heart attack. :sick:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9759575040

I wouldn't've predicted that. :(
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:56 pm

ew! I clicked on that! now I have to wash my hands!
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:22 pm

i wouldn't have predicted that anyone in this administration had a heart. on the other hand, i had no idea that the Canadian death squads were so awesome, so there's that.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am

Meh fuck Canada too.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 am

#ThankCanada
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:24 am

did trump just save the world?
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

no
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm sure in some people's minds (mainly his own) he did. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:49 pm

was watching news with some old ladys and the reporter comes on like world peace was just accomplished and I turned and saw general ackbar staring into my eyes and i yelled "ITS A TRAP!" and the old ladys gasped.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm

So let me see if I get this straight....

1. North Korea agreed to the "denuclearization of the peninsula" but the two countries were never named specifically and the "peninsula" was not defined.
2. Tump said they discussed the atrocious human rights violations only "very briefly"
3. We are going to cease or "hostile" military drills with the South.
4. We did not draw up any steps to denuclearization of the North
5. Trump is actually going to bring that lunatic onto US soil and INTO THE FUCKING WHITE HOUSE
6. China is now pushing for sanctions to get removed
7. The fat psychopath got a mountain of photo ops with the leader of the most powerful country in the world (for now, at least) and his reign was legitimized by holding an audience with him along with the invite to the US

Sounds to me like Kim and China got exactly what he wanted while Japan and SK are now on high alert, the US was given a bunch of empty promises with zero merit or accountability while being clearly gamed on the world stage (again), and the NK citizens are still going to have to live in one of the most inhumane hellholes on the planet since the US just gave NK the optics that their human rights don't matter.

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion