What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby friendship » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:Red wine, garlic, and thyme marinated pork tenderloin, grilled.
Carrots tossed with cilantro, Moroccan spices, roasted
Cauliflower rice tossed with lemon, cider vinegar, honey, EVOO, toasted pine nuts, and currants

A KINGLY FEAST
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks lads! I used the leftover tenderloin to make some sandwiches out of mini French loaves, some lightly aged brie, gherkins, and whole seed mustard. Slightly acidic, but still pretty good.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 pm

cheese toast
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 pm

My man said gherkins!! I want one.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm

so I've got a gallon freezer bag that I keep vegetable scraps, herb ends, and bones in, but I took it out recently to find the bag's ziplock seal has broken and it's been exposed to the open freezer air,which is not very good for those things. Not sure if it's salvageable for use in making a broth like I usually do.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:32 pm

I have been using Cornish game hens and vegetable ends in a pressure cooker for years to make broth. I'm going to try to make bone broth sooner or later, but I'm squeamish about leaving my burner on for 2 days ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I have been using Cornish game hens and vegetable ends in a pressure cooker for years to make broth. I'm going to try to make bone broth sooner or later, but I'm squeamish about leaving my burner on for 2 days ;)

That's what's up.

Since I'm under the weather in a bad way, Ms. Diver made me some lemon-dill-green habanero chicken and orzo soup. I've also been pounding lemon-honey tea all day like a boss. Tonight, though....

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Made a pretty decent late-summer red sauce with diced green peppers, creminis, and basil.

I also have a couple pounds of beef shoulder marinating in the fridge, I think I'm just going to braise it with canned chipotles in adobo.

My fall cooking plan is to roast a chicken and cook a pot of beans every Sunday as prep for the week. I need more consistent meal-planning and those two things are pretty good bases for all sorts of dishes.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:51 am

Plus beans are basically free, and so are the whole chicken. I've been pretty happy with making rice on Sunday too in the steamer, and then doing up fried rice with the leftovers. Always comes out nice.

Made like 38lbs of home Made Mac and cheese.. came out real tasty. Used part of an Uncle Dans ranch packet in the sauce, it's got some zang to it :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am

doughnuts are kickass. especially when someone else cooked them before 5 a.m.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Donuts are one of my kryptonites. Given the chance I’ll demolish an entire box of em unabashedly.

Speaking of having other people cook for you, it was one of those “get in early, stay hella late” days so I went out for some muhfuggin Uchi (I have a stack of cash cards I keep forgetting about and needed to do something about them before they expire). Still some of the best food I’ve ever had in my life.

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 pm

I was totally holding back in shame when I posted that, what I ment was, it's impossible to not eat all the doughnuts before you get back home....
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:59 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:I was totally holding back in shame when I posted that, what I ment was, it's impossible to not eat all the doughnuts before you get back home....

No shame in committing pastry genocide on donuts. I'm still trying to find some good nuts here in ATX.

Wait wut?

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am

WEEKEND FOOD

I made a broth with carrot, celery, a couple garlic cloves, some big leeks, and a little chip of star anise. Those last two things are new for me in broth usage. Made my kitchen smell fucking amazing. Also blackened some tomatoes and chilis and smashed them up into a salsa which I spooned over some basic roasted chicken thighs and drums served with hot jasmine rice on the side.

I acquired a couple of acorn squashes I'm not sure what I'm going to do with. Never cooked these round bois before.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Stuffed acorn squash, mmmmmm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion