What are you cooking?

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

It's tough to find the kind of dried chipotles I like in my neighborhood, but the grocery finally got some so I bought a bag and made a big batch of chili with them.

I"ve been having trouble with getting a good consistency with chili sauce though. I'm looking for a smooth puree, but this time most of the blend was chunky pulp that wouldn't strain. After stewing for a few hours the pulp dissolved, so it's not a big deal, but I'd like to perfect the texture for when I want to use this sauce over eggs and stuff. Does it need some oil for emulsification or something? I'm just using the soaked chilis, onion, garlic, herbs, and water.
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Taking a stab at homemade pizza dough. Ms. Diver is a killer baker so I've let her handle this sort of stuff, but with her out of town for the weekend I'm on my own. I'll report back tonight with the results.

UPDATE: Over-proved like a motherfucker, so it rose way wrong in the oven and turned into an even bigger greasepool than it should have. Oh well.

friendship wrote:It's tough to find the kind of dried chipotles I like in my neighborhood, but the grocery finally got some so I bought a bag and made a big batch of chili with them.

I"ve been having trouble with getting a good consistency with chili sauce though. I'm looking for a smooth puree, but this time most of the blend was chunky pulp that wouldn't strain. After stewing for a few hours the pulp dissolved, so it's not a big deal, but I'd like to perfect the texture for when I want to use this sauce over eggs and stuff. Does it need some oil for emulsification or something? I'm just using the soaked chilis, onion, garlic, herbs, and water.

You shouldn't. What are you pureeing with and how old is the device?
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Ibanez | Genz-Benz | Pedals
Bassist_Diver

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Discussion