gun things and the things they do

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: gun things and the things they do

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 am

This is best place for this, I think:
That's right.
USA today thinks it's an actual thing to attach a chainsaw to an AR-15.

In other frightening bayonet related news:
NSFW: show
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:30 am

It's funny yet sadly and ironically parallel to our current state that this thread went from people experienced with firearms and discussing them to people ignorant yet incredibly vocal about them. Lol
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:50 am

Yea, it's sad.

I think USA Today missed the boat though...one I did after seeing it yesterday.

==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:09 pm

As someone who owns guns I have to wonder why people are all about new/more gun control but don't want to answer the questions of (A) why don't we actually enforce what's on the books, (B) how do you plan on controlling the over 300 million guns already in circulation within the US, and (C) how are you going to prevent a black market from forming (something the UK, Australia, and Japan don't have to worry about since they're islands)? I'm all for strong background checks and preventing felons from purchasing firearms, but the laws and checks are only as strong as their enforcement, which IMO is the big problem nobody wants to talk about.

Also, fuck the NRA and their insistence that the only good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. It's been proven to be a fallacious stance time and time again and it's obvious the NRA only cares about growing the profits of gun manufacturers and doesn't give half a shit about gun owners or gun safety.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:As someone who owns guns I have to wonder why people are all about new/more gun control but don't want to answer the questions of (A) why don't we actually enforce what's on the books, (B) how do you plan on controlling the over 300 million guns already in circulation within the US, and (C) how are you going to prevent a black market from forming (something the UK, Australia, and Japan don't have to worry about since they're islands)? I'm all for strong background checks and preventing felons from purchasing firearms, but the laws and checks are only as strong as their enforcement, which IMO is the big problem nobody wants to talk about.

Also, fuck the NRA and their insistence that the only good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. It's been proven to be a fallacious stance time and time again and it's obvious the NRA only cares about growing the profits of gun manufacturers and doesn't give half a shit about gun owners or gun safety.

A: Enforcement is always goi to be a problem because of the second amendment.

B:
how are you going to prevent a black market from forming (something the UK, Australia, and Japan don't have to worry about since they're islands)?

:wha?:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote: (C) how are you going to prevent a black market from forming (something the UK, Australia, and Japan don't have to worry about since they're islands)?

I don't really have any answers for you. If Trump gets that wall built though, we'll be halfway to an island. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Paul_C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:20 pm

I'd imagine that it's not so much being an island that helps, but that there isn't a long established history of gun ownership.

There are lots of countries with no coastline that don't have the high level of ownership of the US, but as they've not got a culture where owning guns is part of everyday life people are less inclined to make a fuss about it.

If people are used to having something and it's taken away then a black market would be far more likely to appear than if it was for something most people have never had and don't really have much desire for.

I don't think there's any chance of changing things unless a huge majority of people can be persuaded that it's the only answer, and unless you can separate children from gun-owning families to break the link and ban all advertising it's never going to happen.

You only have to look at cigarettes to see how hard it is to stop people doing something that's clearly not a good thing for them, in the UK they've lost their branding and have to be hidden behind a screen but people are still buying them, despite there now being very few places they're allowed to smoke other than their own homes.
Maybe in 20 years they'll be gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were still legally on sale.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Guns will never be gone and they shouldn't be. Laws however need to be enforced harder. Criminals are going to criminal no matter what but I do agree that the background check system needs to be better. That does not address the issue of stolen weapons, black market or already owned weapons though.

Can we have one thread that doesn't get all political here though? Like for real.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Can we have one thread that doesn't get all political here though? Like for real.

This probably isn't that thread. :lol: :cry: :hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

Why though?

I mean honestly. What in the fuck is wrong with ILF this year? It's gotten out of control here with these opinionated bullshit threads. I'm so fucking sick of it. I can't even voice my opinion on 90% of the stuff here anymore because I don't match the status quo here. It's annoying.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Well, likely because firearms are a touchy subject. Not just this year, but anytime.

This isn't a music/gear thread. :idk: Those have the potential to be less political.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

Why though?

I mean honestly. What in the fuck is wrong with ILF this year? It's gotten out of control here with these opinionated bullshit threads. I'm so fucking sick of it. I can't even voice my opinion on 90% of the stuff here anymore because I don't match the status quo here. It's annoying.

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Well, likely because firearms are a touchy subject. Not just this year, but anytime.

This isn't a music/gear thread. :idk: Those have the potential to be less political.

Not on ILF they don't.

Don't like guns? Cool story bro. Don't buy them. Don't push your bullshit agenda on me.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

Why though?

Jack knows exactly how I feel as we've actually had discussions in person. LOL. If only I could speak my mind...

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion