gun things and the things they do

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: gun question thing

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:12 pm

I was gonna suggest a .22, but that's not gonna cut it "just in case the shit goes down". :idk:

(I'd still take a .22 over anything Mudfuzz'll post in this thread though. :lol: )
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:14 pm

a .22 is not a bad thought for starters. Wouldn't mind my daughter being comfortable with a firearm when she is a little older. She is cool with the little red ryder bb gun she got for a birthday present last year for now.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I was gonna suggest a .22, but that's not gonna cut it "just in case the shit goes down". :idk:

(I'd still take a .22 over anything Mudfuzz'll post in this thread though. :lol: )

Did you know that the 22 is the most commonly used firearm in gun homicides? It's also 2nd in terms of fatalities from being shot by one.

Want to know why? The bullets don't typically penetrate through the body, so they bounce off bone and shred organs and anything else in their path.

Think I'm kidding? Look it up or go to EMS school like I did. I've seen first hand how bad that shit can be.

People always look at 22's as a safer option and it couldn't be further from the truth. There is NO safe option. Buy a air soft gun or cap gun.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 pm

I wasn't suggesting that a .22 is any less potentially deadly than any other firearm. They wouldn't be anyone's first choice as a gun for personal protection though.

.22s are common. That's why people get shot with 'em. Ballistics aside, it comes down to numbers. I'm not going to get into a discussion over "stopping power" or anything like that.

I was recommending getting a .22 because they're fun to shoot and the ammo is cheap compared to centerfire. If the only reason a person wants a gun is for target shooting or plinking, a .22 is a much more economical choice than any other caliber.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Faldoe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Guns? meh

Is that the guy that got hit in the head from a ricochet ball bearing from his own sling shot?
Faldoe

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Well then I'll just shut my whore mouth. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:20 pm

jwar wrote:Well then I'll just shut my whore mouth. :)

I personally prefer your whore mouth wide open. :idk: :lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
jwar wrote:Well then I'll just shut my whore mouth. :)

I personally prefer your whore mouth wide open. :idk: :lol:

Image GIFSoup

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I was gonna suggest a .22, but that's not gonna cut it "just in case the shit goes down". :idk:

:p

:idk: a .22 is the only thing Mudfuzz have ever actually ever got to use :idk: Mudfuzz prefers things that shoot arrow type things :thumb: [actually working on building a full sized crossbow]
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Pretty difficult to "catch & release" with that contraption, eh?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:55 pm

My wife's boss is a bow hunter and that motherfucker is a bad ass. He killed a damn brown bear with a single arrow that was actually hunting him and a friend vs the other way around. He's got that and a stuff wolf in his office that he also took out with a bow. Dude goes mountain lion hunting and all kinds of crazy shit, all with a bow. hahaha. Balls man. I'd be scared out of my mind.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Pretty difficult to "catch & release" with that contraption, eh?

That contraption is for tree trimming actually, it's to get a rope saw up to branches 30' + up :)*
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby bloatedsack » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:45 pm

For home defence nothing beats the humble pump action shotgun.

Bird shot is devastating at close range but lacks kinetic energy to go through exterior walls and even much in the way of interior walls so you odn't have to worry as much about where your kids (or neighbours) are in relation to the shot you're about to unleash. Ramp it up to #6 and you'll be able to punch through your interior walls with ease, if that's how you roll.

There's also no sound like the clacking of a pump action chambering a round to make it clear to anyone in your house that you will be fucking them up shortly, a legally shortened 18.5" barrel is still easy enough to aim unlike a handgun (because it's long, not because it's a shotgun, at interior ranges and with even an open choke you're shot cone will only be an inch or two).
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:38 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Pretty difficult to "catch & release" with that contraption, eh?

That contraption is for tree trimming actually, it's to get a rope saw up to branches 30' + up :)*

This is awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:33 am

bloatedsack wrote:There's also no sound like the clacking of a pump action chambering a round to make it clear to anyone in your house that you will be fucking them up shortly

I've actually always had an issue with that concept.
Whenever they did that on TV or in films I instantly thought, "you dumbass, now they know where you are."
If you're in my home you've gone way past the "scare the shit out of him" barrier and straight into the "you're not getting out of this house without a few holes in you" zone.
Maybe I'm just a homicidal maniac deep down, but being in my house without being invited in after breaking down a door/through a window is a surefire way to have a gun fired in your vicinity.
The warning that you shouldn't be there was the lock on the door. If you're in my house, there's already a bullet in the chamber.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion