The ALL NEW what did you dream last night thread!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The ALL NEW what did you dream last night thread!

Postby jrmy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am

Dreamt last night that I had been asked to do a demo video for an experimental new Earthquaker pedal with the actress who plays Robin on Stranger Things S3 (from Scoops Ahoy, of course) (also I'm not done with the season so no spoilers, I'm slow). But Jamie from EQD wanted us to use their private island for the video... which SOUNDED cool, but the only way there was a rowboat, and it rained the whole way. And when we got there, the island turned out to be about 20 square feet of sand with a collapsed tent in the middle, and a spent battery that was supposed to power the lights. We tried to jerry rig things back together, but freaked out when we realized the pedal was out of its box and getting wet, so we threw everything back in the boat, wrapped the pedal in my rain jacket and started paddling for land.

And of course that's when I woke up and realized the dog had stolen my blanket.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Had an interesting, vivid dream.

I was in a grocery store in the frozen section which was like, barely lit. It was as if that section of the store had all the lights on but there was still light coming in as if there was sunlight from the middle of the day. I just remember that the whole scene felt really strange and uneasy.
Eventually I end up at the cash register putting stuff in to be scanned, and I'm really tired just struggling to keep my eyes open. But at some point the cashier abruptly stops checking items even though there's still more there. I just look at them a little confused and say, "you, uh, didn't scan everything". They respond, "yes I did". "But, I can see the rest of my groceries right in front of me." The cashier storms away, pissed off. I'm still standing there, struggling to stay awake and confused as fuck about what is going on, and starting to get pissed off at the weird situation.
At some point the manager of the store walks up and takes me to a different part of the store and says, "so I hear you've been having some issues". "No, I just want to get my groceries, pay, and leave." "Well, I hear that you questioned the integrity of my worker." "All I did was ask them to finish scanning my items." "Right, that's questioning their honesty, I'm gonna need you to go back and tell them you trust them to be honest." "If he's gonna lie to my face I'm not fuckin' doing that, I'm tired and barely awake, all I want is my fuckin' groceries so I can leave." "If you don't say it you can't have your groceries." "Fine, fuck you, I'll go somewhere like...", "Wal-Mart?", "Fuck you, fuck your cashier, what the fuck is even wrong with this place".
Then I wake up and realize that I was in the middle of a dream. Apparently my angry personality is so strong it even affects my dreams to the point that I don't realize they're a dream. Also, my hatred of Wal-Mart is so strong even demon managers of dream grocery stores know I hate that place.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:58 pm

I was inside a Guitar Center. There was an interesting Rickenbacker guitar hanging on the wall by the door. It looked unusually big, almost the size of a bass, and had lots of chrome. Without taking it down off the wall, I started slowly strumming the strings, letting one string ring at a time. It sounded like it was plugged into an amp, even though I don't remember an amp or plugging it in. At first the tone sounded clean, but as I kept strumming, it began to sound fuzzed.

I started thinking about pedals and decided to look around the rest of the store, so I walked around a corner in the store. Instead of more gear, I saw a nail salon full of ladies getting their nails done. I walked around the rest of the store thinking there had to be more music gear, but to my surprise and disappointment, there was no more music gear because the whole inside of that Guitar Center had been turned into a huge nail salon.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Adoom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:34 pm

Fucking weird stuff. Like somehow I was in some kind of simulated future and the girl I used to love was there and we weee together and then my phone broke and it was made of ice inside apart from a disk and then the simulation ended and a BADLY crashed a car in real life and so I had to carry all of this gear from point a to b and I had to use the bus and there were some kids on the bus being assholes to each other and I finally got my gear there and my guitar fell and the headstock snapped off and I figured I should call my friend Eoin because he makes and fixes lots of guitars and I wondered if my phone was broken and I remembered it was only broken in the weird virtual reality thing that started it all off and I was bummed because I had a Mesa Boogie and I wanted to try it out because it was solid state but it was cheap and then I woke up and I remembered my doctor is an asshole for not giving me a refill on my sleeping medication.
I play.

https://linktr.ee/adhamhocaoimh

((( :zen: )))

Wonderful Dealings With: Behndy, lumena, smallsnd/bigsnd, Ryan

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic."
Adoom

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:56 am

I awoke from a rather amusing dream this morning. In the dream, I was trying to suss out the secret identities of Chank and Dandolin. It seemed to involve a lot of international travel. I was getting closer and closer to figuring out who they are when my alarm went off.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:13 am

Lurker13 wrote:I awoke from a rather amusing dream this morning. In the dream, I was trying to suss out the secret identities of Chank and Dandolin. It seemed to involve a lot of international travel. I was getting closer and closer to figuring out who they are when my alarm went off.

That's really funny! :lol:

Last night I learned that the KORG Poly-61 was the reason why the recent music movement "Milo" existed. :idea: Time to invent that, whatever it is!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Scruffie » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:29 am

It was about a week ago now, but Bryan Cranston & Cyndi Lauper playing one-on-one basketball.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Dowi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:34 am

I bet Cindy won. Unless it was Malcom in the middle version of Cranston.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Scruffie » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:37 am

Dowi wrote:I bet Cindy won. Unless it was Malcom in the middle version of Cranston.

:lol: It was, it was an extremely short dream but he was definitely playing dirty.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby jonne » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 am

Dreamt
I had a steel grey music man guitar (axis or other) with cream colored pickups.

Sounds lame now that it's in writing.
Work hard and practice.
Do things with love.
Be safe and Pay attention.
Have conviction when others can't.
Don't be afraid to fail.
It's ok to fail, you just have to keep getting up to try again.
jonne

interested
interested

Postby Pepe » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:32 am

No, it's sexy!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:55 am

Last night I dreamed about buying a Flying V.
I've been thinking about it since this morning and I want one, not sure what for.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion