The ALL NEW what did you dream last night thread!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The ALL NEW what did you dream last night thread!

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:50 am

I was driving down some residential street and saw that a family was moving out. They had one of those giant waste containers filled with analog stereo equipment and CRT TVs, so I went up and asked about it, but was told that they were gonna use it all.
Then their cat came out of the house and up to me. I petted it and it turned neon blue while J-pop played from...somewhere. If you kept petting this cat, it would cycle through colors like the crowd in Tecmo Super Bowl. Or the city lights in stage 2 of Streets of Rage 2. It was awesome.

The other night it was a Shadow of the Colossus kinda deal; me and a few other people trying to climb these big-ass monsters and stab them to death. It took place in a redwood forest and the monster things were almost as tall as the trees.
A giant dog started running towards me and I used a crane to swing an enormous circular saw right into its neck, but it didn't cut all the way through, so I had to wait for it to lunge and repeat a few more times. Then I woke up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:19 am

There was this soccer field with a chain link fence around the middle portion. A bunch of people were standing around waiting for some announcement. I was sitting on the grass, leaning against one corner of the fence. The two announcers showed up and one of them was John Peel. I shook his hand and told him it was an honour to meet him. He said the same, which I found rather strange. The next part took place in this old southern whitewashed house, where a lot of people were in the parlour. Either I wasn't invited or I bailed, because I spent the whole time wandering around the outside of it looking in through the windows (half-assed analysts are frothing at the mouth).
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Hyphen Nation » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 am

I decided getting a really cheap tattoo of a bloodshot eye on the palm of my hand would be a really good idea…It was also filled with saline so it looked like I was always sort of holding onto a dimensional eyeball…very convenient. Of course this was just one stop along a kind of "adventures in the driving rain" kind of dream…
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 am

I was a surgeon in some shithole where I guess a war was taking place since all of my patients were seriously mangled. The operating room was poorly-lit and about the size of an apartment bedroom. It was just a nurse and I, and the work had to be done very quickly before the next patient died or whatever.

Like 20 years later I'm working in a fancy hospital far removed from that last scene, doing much less intense work, and I discover that the next person on the operating table is the first nurse I worked with, all burned up, bloody and missing an arm.
Then I woke up. Dun dun dunnnn...
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:45 am

I wake up everyday and can't remember my dreams. It is actually very depressing. I used to have some awesome dreams but now I'm not sure I even dream at all. I think it's because of the SSRI meds and other pharmaceutical shit I have to take. I haven't remembered dreaming in years. I wish I could post something fun here.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:38 am

KaosCill8r wrote:I wake up everyday and can't remember my dreams. It is actually very depressing. I used to have some awesome dreams but now I'm not sure I even dream at all. I think it's because of the SSRI meds and other pharmaceutical shit I have to take. I haven't remembered dreaming in years. I wish I could post something fun here.

Cheer up mate! It all comes and goes.
For the last month or so I've remembered what I've dream almost every night, however, before that, I didn't remember any dream at all for two years or so.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Twangasaurus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 am

Yeah, I've had similar problems with SSRIs in the past. Why don't you try keeping a dream journal? Helps retention.
Lobstrosity wrote:Dad-a-chum? Dod-a-chock?
Twangasaurus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:08 am

Twangasaurus wrote:Yeah, I've had similar problems with SSRIs in the past. Why don't you try keeping a dream journal? Helps retention.

I just can't for the life of me remember anything at all to write down. I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. Takes me 2 hours at least to get into the day and start functioning as a human being. Lots of strong coffee doesn't even cut it.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 am

I was playing video games with Achtane in some crappy apartment with a dirty futon and only two rooms. Zombie games. I swore the zombies were trying to come to life, but they never did, it was almost like I was coming down on acid in my dream.

I wish I remembered more details.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am

Two nights ago I had a dream where I went to a wedding dressed in a t-shirt and cargo shorts. It was in something like a giant barn that was converted to a banquet hall/church. It was huge. So I'm sitting at the table, talking to my friends, not knowing anyone else there. Then we are suddenly on the large stage but in some chairs in the back of it. Everyone starts gradually chanting: "Demetrius Clarence McFizzle," (I'm not even fucking making this up) which I assume is my name. I get up to the podium and summarize a story about some animal dying and then sat down. Everyone looked at my weird but I was satisfied. Then I woke up.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:10 pm

KaosCill8r wrote:
Twangasaurus wrote:Yeah, I've had similar problems with SSRIs in the past. Why don't you try keeping a dream journal? Helps retention.

I just can't for the life of me remember anything at all to write down. I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. Takes me 2 hours at least to get into the day and start functioning as a human being. Lots of strong coffee doesn't even cut it.

Doesn't weed affect dreaming in some way? Think I read somewhere that it could make it harder to remember dreams or something :idk:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Eivind August wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:

Doesn't weed affect dreaming in some way? Think I read somewhere that it could make it harder to remember dreams or something :idk:

I've heard that as well so may be true for some people. I smoke daily and find I still can dream and remember them (to a degree).
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Yeah, I could usually remember dreams when I smoked, but at the point when I smoked several times a day I rarely remembered dreams.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Achtane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:07 am

I was part of a group of observers at a chemical plant in France. Not a group of scientists or anything, it seems like it was something anybody could sign up for. There were six or seven of us. The plant was doing trial runs of a technique for processing this new formula or something.
The observation room was really just a crappy little shack built onto the rest of the facility, like 50 feet up. It had concrete walls, a few windows, a shoddy corrugated sheet metal roof. There was a living room-sized area in it, a smaller side room, and then two corridors leading to the main facility.

When the tests ran, an air raid siren would sound and a few seconds later this big-ass pipe would raise out of a crevice in the ground. An upside-down "u"-shaped section of it was so high up that it was directly in front of the observation room window. The pipe wasn't one solid piece, it was welded at a seam, which seemed odd to me.
So apparently the only way to process this chemical was to pump it at very high pressure through this system of pipes leading to the plant. From the room, we could hear the metal of the pipe in front of us creaking the entire time.
We watched them perform the test two times.

During the third test, the pipe burst at the top seam right in front of us, and the chemical started raining down on our shitty metal roof. The dudes on the ground all bailed except for one person in a HAZMAT suit who stood on the ledge outside of the window and just watched us.
A moment later, it started leaking from the roof and first fell onto the dude to my right. Evidently this shit was kinda like the Joker's poison. He started clawing at his face as it contorted horribly, then froze up and fell over dead, all within about 15 seconds.
By this point everyone was freaking out trying to find a safe place and I lost track of most of them. It didn't matter anyway, since I got rained on and started feeling itchy all over, then hit the floor. I saw two girls sitting against the wall dead; one who went out in a panic and one who took the time to do that "scissors in front of the eyes" pose, like a sideways peace sign with each hand, before freezing like that.
So that's like a dozen times I've died in my dreams this month.

Some time later, I was able to freely explore the observation room with all of our corpses in it. It was like when you die in FPS games and get to move the camera around while you wait. I saw freaky face guy, my own corpse with no expression at all, the girls dead against the wall, a guy who tried to open the window in the side room, and someone else who fell in a dark corridor leading to the plant. I noticed that the pipes in the ceiling of both the shack and the corridors were also leaking that shit, so there was never really any safe place we could have escaped to without being rained on.
Immediately the scene changed and I was in my own body, talking to my parents.
I'd become a ghost, but not the badass kind. The shitty kind where people could see you if you revealed yourself.
I was the lame, ageless kind of ghost. A hundred years went by and I didn't look any different.

I was watching a really bad play and made a remark about it to this lady I was sitting next to, who jumped when she realized I was there. We got to talking and I explained that I had been dead for a long time now. I did a google image search on my phone for the plant disaster and showed her the old investigation pictures that had my corpse looking right into the camera. She was all, "Sweet!"
After the play let out, I went for a walk.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby alexa. » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:40 pm

PetZounds wrote:But really, how fucked up is it that we even dream?
We have vivid hallucinations at night and don't even know why.

We know. DMT.

bigchiefbc wrote:I don't get how the hell everyone remembers their dreams, I can never remember mine, even if I try to remember like, seconds after I wake up.

Eivind August wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:

I found that writing down ANYTHING helps. The way you feel when you wake up, any thoughts in your head, anything. The slightest details make you train your brain to remember more and more. At one point you'll have some flashbacks of dreams through the day, sometimes you'll just remember it all. Write EVERYTHING down if you wanna remember.

Also, weed shuts down retention. Sometimes I can remember but it's usually hazy and not-as-lucid.
Sniffing on rosemary helps with retention as well. Being hidrated (drinking a big cup of water before sleep), eating a spoon of honey (helps replenish the sugar reserves in the liver so your brain has more energy during the night to process/remember), eating a banana before sleep (compounds in it are beneficial for dream recall), kurkuma is also beneficial for dreaming (helps clean up calcium deposits from the pineal). Flouride is also a no-no.

This is all coming from a guy that dreams so many dreams per night that I don't even bother to write them down anymore. The last month I have been waking up at 8, then, by will returning to dreamworld, then waking up at 9 - repeat, 10-repeat... and so on. Usually I would either get bored or too energized to sleep any further, or my mom would wake me up for lunchtime :lol:

Today has been a combo of talking to some cool people I know, reexamining my feelings and thoughts, climbing a stage during a cool concert and watching it from there, while also checking out the gear and drooling. I was also on a vacation at sea with a lot of in-dream friends. And ofc a lot of weird-wtf moments and things happening, but that's the fun thing about lucidity. My dreams are my #1 reason why I don't watch TV anymore. It's fucking boring in comparison to what my mind can muster up.

sonidero wrote:All I do is Lucid Dream all day erryday...

CHANGAAAAAA!!!!
L00PZ!
rfurtkamp wrote:Bastard stepchild of modern delay times/looping and a Lexicon Vortex would have me whipping out the credit card faster than a hooker at a coke convention.
alexa.

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion