Do you folks like coffee?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Do you folks like coffee?

Postby imJonWain » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:42 pm

wildd, congratulations! def gonna send you a PM.

Shop looks awesome too! Is it actually an old hotel?
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:16 pm

imJonWain wrote:wildd, congratulations! def gonna send you a PM.

Shop looks awesome too! Is it actually an old hotel?

Thanks! And thanks everyone! Yeah we have two main cafes, one is in an old remodeled hotel. I love that old building despite the constant leaks and stuff
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:11 am

Coffee arrived. Morning brew this morning was an absolute delight.
Thanks Pete!!
:hug:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Awesome! Glad it made it. I always get nervous with international stuff haha. And it could have been such a bummer if it got held up somewhere and lost the freshness.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:51 pm

My brother in law got hands on some Jamaican Blue, so I brewed him a pour over with it last night.
Hardest I’ve ever tweaked on coffee.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:13 am

PeteeBee wrote:Awesome! Glad it made it. I always get nervous with international stuff haha. And it could have been such a bummer if it got held up somewhere and lost the freshness.

Just had the chance to make your coffee today. Quite good, but I need to make it a little stronger. I need to go to sleep now so I can wake up and make more. Thank you! Also want to reimburse you for shipping at least.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 am

9:47 am, Boxing Day. Slow breakfast. Flying Goat cup number 2 just brewed.

Life's good :)
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby actual » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:49 am

Sister got me a Bodum, a grinder, frother and a big bag of Lavazza beans for Christmas. Stuff's good.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 am

The spoils of Christ being born...Mom knows best...
I don't think I've ever had Coffee from the Congo? I've had African blends and Ethiopian coffee but I don't think any other specific countries in Africa.
I don't have a pour over brewer but this stuff is so finely grinded I think I could just use my Vietnamese gravity filter? What do you people think? I could easily just spend the $10 for the cone pour over filter. Either way. Open ended question: How would you brew the below? (I could also just MacGyver a cone shape thing and put a filter in).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 am

$harkToootth wrote:The spoils of Christ being born...Mom knows best...
I don't think I've ever had Coffee from the Congo? I've had African blends and Ethiopian coffee but I don't think any other specific countries in Africa.
I don't have a pour over brewer but this stuff is so finely grinded I think I could just use my Vietnamese gravity filter? What do you people think? I could easily just spend the $10 for the cone pour over filter. Either way. Open ended question: How would you brew the below? (I could also just MacGyver a cone shape thing and put a filter in).

Just get one of those direct over cup pourover cones. I have a silicone one that I use whenever I'm waiting for a new pourover set after my wife has broken the glass carafe (I'm on my third in 6 months). It works fine with a regular paper filter, with a little finesse.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks Corey. I'm going to do that. The local niche coffee place is only 10 minutes away and I think they have Jamaican blue in stock. So...
foomanfat wrote:Hardest I’ve ever tweaked on coffee.
. Been there done that...it's fun :!!!:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:31 am

Corey Y wrote:Just get one of those direct over cup pourover cones. I have a silicone one that I use whenever I'm waiting for a new pourover set after my wife has broken the glass carafe (I'm on my third in 6 months). It works fine with a regular paper filter, with a little finesse.

I prefer the germanium cones. :D

$harkToootth wrote:The spoils of Christ being born...Mom knows best...

Yeah, if it's already ground for drip, that's how you should brew it. Coffee for Vietnamese style is ground a little coarser than for drip.

The Congo is a relative newcomer to the coffee world:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-most-d ... 1476453922

Also, careful with that Jamaican Blue Mountain! A lot of stuff marketed that way is mostly coffee from somewhere else with a little Jamaican thrown in so they can call it that. :grumpy:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:32 pm

It took me WAY LONGER than I care to admit to finally get Chank's joke.

Believe it or not, I am aware of the 'Jamaican Blue" clones/hype (literally the Klon of coffee :lol: ). I may have inadvertently quizzed a guy once because he had it in stock when I knew for a fact the batch was 'infected' with a fungus that year. Thanks for posting that article.

Question though: The Vietnamese coffee I had, and hence the purposed of the gravity filter, could not have been ground any finer. Am I missing something?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Also, regarding Jamaican Blue, I've only had it when market price was fair. Far be it from me to pay over $16/Pound in coffee beans (and even then, it has to be REALLY good stuff).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah, the longer coffee is in contact with water the coarser the grind should be. That's why espresso is ground very finely and french press is coarse. If you're using coffee ground too finely for your selected brewing method, you're going to end up with bitter tasting coffee. Of course, Vietnamese coffee is usually made with robusta beans. So, it's going to be relatively bitter to begin with anyway. That's where the condensed milk comes in.

:snax:

Not sure if it's still like this, but one of the reasons Jamaican Blue Mountain is so expensive is because it's a fairly small crop and the Japanese buy most of it. If you're find %100 Jamaican Blue Mountain for $16/lb., you should probably be buying it. I think it usually goes for at least about twice that. Also, with coffees like the Blue Mountain, I'm sure people are selling it way past the point of freshness. That's why you may find it out of season.

EDIT: Oh, also, wanted to say before, African coffees are probably my favorite. Aside from Ethiopian, I really like Kenyan coffee (maybe even more than Ethiopian). Coffee grown in Rwanda is getting better and is sorta similar to Kenyan. Tanzania also produces some nice stuff. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion