· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Game of Thrones

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:39 pm

pigmaker wrote:i havent been around in a while but it looks like you guys feel the same about this season as i do. ludicrous plots and storytelling and characters that have abandoned who they were seasons 1-6. the further they go off book the more it becomes clear these guys dont give a shit anymore about writing plausible and interesting shit it really is tits and dragons now, just a rung above michael bay shit

Basically : yes to all of that. And they all unlocked instant travel, too.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:30 am

oscillateur wrote:
pigmaker wrote:i havent been around in a while but it looks like you guys feel the same about this season as i do. ludicrous plots and storytelling and characters that have abandoned who they were seasons 1-6. the further they go off book the more it becomes clear these guys dont give a shit anymore about writing plausible and interesting shit it really is tits and dragons now, just a rung above michael bay shit

Basically : yes to all of that. And they all unlocked instant travel, too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So fucking true dude!

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 am

I have a slightly different take on this season. I feel like lots of people are ripping it to pieces but in a way a little unfounded. This story was first and foremost a fantasy. Fantasies are always much like this last season... a bit contrived. But this story was built on scheming and political intrigue which made it different and more palatable for a broader fan base. The books had far and away more peppered fantasy than the show. Pretty much all of the intrigue has played out and there really isn't much left other than the fantasy portion. Most of the players are gone. The folks incharge doing the big moves have played their hands almost to the end. We all enjoy the build up and "wanting more" much more than the actual finale or crescendo in almost every situation. Honestly I think they have done a great job in adapting something as huge as ASOIF so the screen. I'm just thankful they made it a series by HBO instead of a 3 part film... I have a few problems but I can't complain about the predictablity of the story nearing it's finale gasps. All stories at this point in their timeline are predictable. The only thing left that could "shock" would be the definitive ending.

Just my 2 cents, read the books and fully caught up with my only complaint being GRRM can't get his writting done in a timely fashion.
Post a reply