Tom's Wondrous Found Creaturepalooza

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Tom's Wondrous Found Creaturepalooza

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 pm

:!!!:

For posting pictures of bugs, animals, and people...must be pictures that YOU took!

I live in the middle of 13,000 acres of state forest in the subtropics of Pennsylvania and I keep seeing all these crazy creatures. Just 10 miles away, you'll never see these things.

I know you Southerners and West-Coasters live with much bigger bugs and spiders. So I'm thinking there are a lot of guys here with much more crazy/cool/sick creature snapshots to share.

0417121451.jpg
3"+ if I remember.

spider.jpg
Eff.
spider.jpg (158.08 KiB) Viewed 6854 times

0530120755.jpg
Thick as a pencil, and half as long.

beetle3.jpg
beetle3.jpg (272.31 KiB) Viewed 6854 times

beetle1.jpg
beetle1.jpg (370.94 KiB) Viewed 6854 times
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: Tom's Wondrous Found Creature Emporium.

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Tom, by calling this thread an "emporium" are you trying to say that these creatures are for sale or simply that you've just moved to Emporium, Pennsylvania?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:57 pm

I have one to contribute:

Found this mantis on my hop trellis last fall. Just for reference, that screw eye is an inch across. It was a big fucker:

Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TroySanders » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:02 pm

FUCK spider #2.
TroySanders

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nieh » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:05 pm

So much win. I have a picture of my old dog with a praying mantis on his nose. wish I could find it :(
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Tom, by calling this thread an "emporium" are you trying to say that these creatures are for sale or simply that you've just moved to Emporium, Pennsylvania?

:lol:
Yes. The first one. I'm filling up a giant cork-board wall in the FuzzHugger workshop with pinned insects and other curiosities. Will Shark Tank it.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby theactionindex » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Tom, by calling this thread an "emporium" are you trying to say that these creatures are for sale or simply that you've just moved to Emporium, Pennsylvania?

:lol:
Yes. The first one. I'm filling up a giant cork-board wall in the FuzzHugger workshop with pinned insects and other curiosities. Will Shark Tank it.

LAURA BENNETT PAINTED BUG BOARD SALE. :!!!:
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jeff-7 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Plexiglass enclosures with a wolf spider suspended among the guts? I'd buy it.
Good deals with: Officer Bukowski, Caesar, BriBri, Amorphous, ThePastRecedes
Jeff-7

experienced
experienced

Postby madmax1012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:02 pm

my friend had a Brown Recluse crawl on her arm while she was reading in bed the other day. and my other friend from Texas got bit on the ankle by one and they almost had to amputate. skin is still fucked up from it
Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh I got one more to contribute. There are a bunch of these things in my yard. They're about 2-3" long if you include the legs. And they make ridiculously big and elaborate webs on everything. I never fuck with them, because I'm pretty sure they're not harmful and they eat a shitload of mosquitos. But this was the first one I ever found inside the house (basement)

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:30 pm

^Same kind as on the boxes up there. Either a Brown Recluse or a Fishing Spider...

One's harmless, one's not.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:^Same kind as on the boxes up there. Either a Brown Recluse or a Fishing Spider...

I'm pretty sure it's not a Brown Recluse, as I did some googling around on this bad boy, especially since my son loves to run around the yard. The webs are different, and I don't think Brown Recluses have striped legs. I've had a couple of people tell me its some sort of Orbweaver.

Achtane wrote:

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby madmax1012 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:55 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:
Tom Dalton wrote:^Same kind as on the boxes up there. Either a Brown Recluse or a Fishing Spider...

I'm pretty sure it's not a Brown Recluse, as I did some googling around on this bad boy, especially since my son loves to run around the yard. The webs are different, and I don't think Brown Recluses have striped legs. I've had a couple of people tell me its some sort of Orbweaver.

they call Brown Recluse "violin spiders". they have a violin shaped mark on their back. also, they're extremely "reclusive", hence the name.

Fuzzy Fred wrote: please excuse me. can we keep this discussion civil and about donkey fucking?

hbombgraphics wrote:Why does it have to be Digital, but with an analog soul and buffalo semen???
madmax1012

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 pm

here's a few from a couple of vacations
drgnfly.jpg

gator.jpg

heron.jpg

^^ that heron was nosing around our campsite, completely unafraid.
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion