The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Health, Wellness, weight loss, and fitness thread

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:25 am

https://i.imgur.com/MuPv14I.gifv

Spent the last 18 months developing this routine. Hope it helps y'all!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 am

Invisible Man wrote:https://i.imgur.com/MuPv14I.gifv

Spent the last 18 months developing this routine. Hope it helps y'all!

:rofl:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Just got back from the gym..damn I'm in bad shape, but I was surprised at how much I was still able to do. Did 330lbs on the leg press easy @ 15 reps. 180lbs bb shrugs @ 20 reps. Still maxing out the ab and lower back machines at 210 for 20 reps. Did some db rows as well, which is probably my favourite exercise, but I have to be really careful cause I got fucked up shoulders and wrists. Got nauseous and had to call it quits, I know my body, and if I try to push through that shit, I just end up dizzy and that fucking blows. Anyway, good start. Nice to be back.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm

actualidiot wrote:Just got back from the gym..damn I'm in bad shape, but I was surprised at how much I was still able to do. Did 330lbs on the leg press easy @ 15 reps. 180lbs bb shrugs @ 20 reps. Still maxing out the ab and lower back machines at 210 for 20 reps. Did some db rows as well, which is probably my favourite exercise, but I have to be really careful cause I got fucked up shoulders and wrists. Got nauseous and had to call it quits, I know my body, and if I try to push through that shit, I just end up dizzy and that fucking blows. Anyway, good start. Nice to be back.

Get some straps dude. Nothign wrong with using those unless you're really wanting to improve grip strength and trust me, there's better ways anyway.

I use Versa Grips and they have saved my wrists a lot over the years. They are bit costly, but you can also buy any old set of straps and be fine.

Make sure with that damn leg press not to lock your knees either. I normally wouldn't even meantion it but I keep seeing videos of dudes crushing their knees by reversing them with a press. UGH. It's so gross. Almost makes me never want to use one again.

Good on you though for getting in there!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:52 pm

I somehow missed that ^^ post :idk:

Yeah, I've got some gloves that I usually use. The thing is, I'm an actual idiot, so if I'm wearing the gloves, I'll be thinking my wrists can handle what they used to, so I'll do 110lbs bb curls (#humblebrag), even though my wrists are fucking killing me after each set.
I've seen those videos as well, it's fucking crazy. Told the same thing to my girl.

And thanks
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ChetMagongalo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:41 pm

jwar wrote:
vidret wrote:but don't you have a lot of other factors figuring into that story? Like don't you take stuff on the sides, meds for this and that and whatnot, I find it hard to believe someone without interfering stuff would feel a difference between 30g of whey or 30g protein from actual milk. Except maybe the body not making the most of it.

I'm with you on fillers, you're talking like sweeteners and shit? Can't be worse than a can of diet coke tho.

I was curious to hear you even say you'd actually feel strength gains by taking whey, is partially what I was getting at. In my experience it has like.. zero connection, unless you're getting no other sources of protein. It's just a different way of getting it.

And you can call me a jackass, I am sometimes.

You mean factor into my kidney deal? Perhaps, but I had blood work done before and after reducing the protein and it made a huge difference. My doctor suggested lowering it, and I did and have been pretty religious about it since. In fact, I just had a shake right now for my evening meal and it was vegan. Since it's plant based and all the bs, it's easier for me to digest. That's another thing to factor in. When I was sponsored by a sup company (thanks again James), my gut was getting all tore up because I was taking so damn much protein. I was taking around 180-200 grams a day just from powder. I was easily taking in 400 grams a day. Which is you listen to most bodybuilder or dudes who specialize in bro science, they say that's normal and maybe not even enough. LOL.

I enjoy talking about this stuff, I just get worked up sometimes as you all know well. :) :(

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:59 pm

vidret wrote:
jwar wrote:Make sure with that damn leg press not to lock your knees either. I normally wouldn't even meantion it but I keep seeing videos of dudes crushing their knees by reversing them with a press. UGH. It's so gross. Almost makes me never want to use one again.

but didn't that dude put on like 1000 kg and then do almost 0 range of motion and lock his knees out without quads activated?

moron had it coming imo. evolution works.

That's one guy. LOL! I know a guy that blew his quad on a press too. UGH. So gross.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed May 10, 2017 10:57 am

Started a new program and for the first time in a year, it's not one I wrote. :)

I saw a post by a guy I respect and have known for awhile. His name is Paul Carter and he is very abrasive, real and intelligent. Plus he's a power lifter, but a hybrid one.

I've been in a funk for months and months with my workouts, so I decided to follow one of his routines which is based around growing mass. I really don't need to, but I figure, whatever, why not?

The general principal behind the program is squatting to grow. Squats use so many muscle fibers at once (same as a deadlift), that the theory is you can grow in all areas by doing them (or at least stimulate the body for growth). There are other exercises however in this program, but it's extremely simple. I'm going to post it here for anyone who is interest.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/simpl ... rticle5766

Don't let the title intermediate fool you. You may think you're an advanced lifter, but what does that really mean? When you mix it up, you're almost always starting over.

So the program only requires you to exercise 3 days a week. I'm on week two and trust me, it has kicked my ass. I've already been able to increase my numbers, so it's working. For example in week 1 I could only do 185 for 20 reps but by the end I was at 195 for 20. Then Monday of this week, I was able to hit 225 for 20 reps. Progressive overload bros. It works.

Anyway, give it a read if you want. It's not easy if you're not used to volume based work outs.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed May 10, 2017 7:30 pm

jwar wrote:Started a new program and for the first time in a year, it's not one I wrote. :)

I saw a post by a guy I respect and have known for awhile. His name is Paul Carter and he is very abrasive, real and intelligent. Plus he's a power lifter, but a hybrid one.

I've been in a funk for months and months with my workouts, so I decided to follow one of his routines which is based around growing mass. I really don't need to, but I figure, whatever, why not?

The general principal behind the program is squatting to grow. Squats use so many muscle fibers at once (same as a deadlift), that the theory is you can grow in all areas by doing them (or at least stimulate the body for growth). There are other exercises however in this program, but it's extremely simple. I'm going to post it here for anyone who is interest.

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/simpl ... rticle5766

Don't let the title intermediate fool you. You may think you're an advanced lifter, but what does that really mean? When you mix it up, you're almost always starting over.

So the program only requires you to exercise 3 days a week. I'm on week two and trust me, it has kicked my ass. I've already been able to increase my numbers, so it's working. For example in week 1 I could only do 185 for 20 reps but by the end I was at 195 for 20. Then Monday of this week, I was able to hit 225 for 20 reps. Progressive overload bros. It works.

Anyway, give it a read if you want. It's not easy if you're not used to volume based work outs.

That sounds really cool jwar, those are pretty good jumps already.
I have heard that smashing your self with squats activates more natural hormones and growth and can be used to help the rest of your body.
So I put leg day first.
Not that youd notice my scrawny ass works out.

Im up to 15 pull ups now, so I'm getting closer to my goal of 20 in a set. Its taken way longer than i though t it would but my energy levels have been low for months now.
Gotta sort that out before i head back for anothwr round of tabata.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu May 11, 2017 10:27 am

For the chin ups, I have to use an assisted. I just cannot do it. I'm too fucking heavy right now. I bounce between 214-221. LOL. Yet I still have some abs...it's weird since I'm 5'8. I can do like 8 pull ups without anything, but at this weight, I just cannot fucking do high reps and I feel like I'm still building myself up doing it that way. I mean, I know I am. I like how he says if you can't do them to get stronger. LOL.

I also went up to 245 for 20 on squats yesterday. Fuck. My legs are killing me. I'm going to be hitting 315 for 20 before I know it. I've never done that much. I'm trying to take it slow. Add small increments.

My bench numbers are shit with this program, but it doesn't matter. It's from doing all those warm up sets. I start with 135 on incline or flat. Then hit 4 warm up sets and go to whatever I can. Yesterday for flat, I was able to do 195 20 times, which is way down for me since I used to be able to do 225 for 25 reps. But this workout is fucking murdering me. The squats after bench are brutal. Or if I have to do it the opposite way because I cannot get to a damn rack...ugh. FML when that happens. It's worse.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu May 11, 2017 10:29 am

Oh and I feel you on the energy man. That's part of the reason I'm doing this shit. I've been straight zapped for almost a year now. I think I fucked up my adrenal glands by taking shit for bodybuilding I shouldn't have. I need the doc to test that next time I go in.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 am

I twisted my fucking knee the other day, can't do shit. I'd just started doing a routine of farmer's walks, bent-over row, shrugs, overhead press and some curls, since I can't do anything proper with my bitchass wrists and shoulders.

jwar wrote:I also went up to 245 for 20 on squats yesterday. Fuck. My legs are killing me. I'm going to be hitting 315 for 20 before I know it.

225 for 25 reps

Fuckin A
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ChetMagongalo » Thu May 11, 2017 3:25 pm

vidret wrote:
ChetMagongalo wrote:

and a lot of the statistics doesn't apply to the stuff we talked about.

The reason I posted this video is because I wanted to show that their is some evidence behind Jwar's claim that he seemed to do/feel better when he cut down on protein and switched the source from animal to plant (he mentioned this a page or two back). I know this video didn't talk about protein powder specifically but I thought it might have some value to you or Jwar and that there is some non-broscience on the topic of plant vs animal protein and its relation to kidney function. Personally I think people shouldn't be taking protein powders or isolates of any kind, but plant based proteins might be better in terms of avoiding kidney problems.

vidret wrote:I'm not gonna let the statistics of someone eating crap and drink beer affect my life.

I don't understand why you made this point, but I agree with you lol.

vidret wrote:If he's gonna talk meat vs vegan proteins he should talk about bio-availability and all that jazz too.

I think he just wanted to focus on kidney function, there is very likely some information on bio-availability of plant vs animal protein but it's not something I've searched for or been exposed to personally.

vidret wrote:Protein puts stress on the kidneys, yes. Now what's worse, red meat putting stress on the kidneys or beer/chips/soda/ice cream/a side of french fries with dip.

??? why would you compare red meat with junk foods that are not abundant sources of protein :idk: if you're saying that beer/chips/soda etc are not good for your kidneys either that's probably true but otherwise I don't think any sane person would try to replace the protein they were getting from burgers to root beer floats :lol: but truly excess protein of any kind is harmful for your kidneys, i agree with that
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Yea, that's not a very good comparison but I get what he's saying as most people do consume that shit and not enough protein. Most vegans I've met eat like crap too, which is sad.

Here's some nerd reading if you ever get time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Also, I don't need a study to prove to me that vegan protein allows my kidney's to relax, I have blood work to prove it. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu May 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Also, each person is different. I may have something fucked up with me that just isn't determined right now.

This is the nutritional certification I have, so I trust their research. More nerd reading ahead.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/high- ... or-kidneys

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion