Dog murdered for "art"

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Dog murdered for "art"

Postby the raytownian » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:09 pm

sign the petition or fuck off: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Starvi ... g-is-Wrong

That's all I have to say about it.

(At least it's not about the NWO...)
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Dog murdered for "art"

Postby htsamurai » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:18 pm

this is old dude, turned out not to be real
in truth the dog was well fed and watered and then released after a few days
the guy did it to show the hypocrisy of people; howd theyd get so mad and indignated over something like this but if they saw the same dog in the same situation on the street they'd just ignore it
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby htsamurai » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:33 pm

yeah i agree dev

heres the one i liked

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/news/sto ... 20,00.html

all the people involved were asked to play it up that the dog had suffered
but the director of the gallery cracked lol

Juanita Bermúdez, director of the Códice Gallery, insisted Natividad escaped after just one day. She said: 'It was untied all the time except for the three hours the exhibition lasted and it was fed regularly with dog food Habacuc himself brought in.'

guess the death threats were too much? haha
people willing to kill a person because their idiocy was exposed, when they wouldnt feed the dog in the street that set all this crap in motion
and im just as bad! :yay:
bnet: htsamurai#1534
instagram: lastoneawake

stanimal wrote:Ummm yeah, didn't realize we loved HT that much
htsamurai

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the raytownian » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Well I guess I suck at being up to date... (sorry I don't pay attention to corporate media, guys-- flame away for my being ignorant to this sort of thing...) regardless, it still stands in my mind that it's utter bullshit... I don't have a whole lot of hard evidence saying that the "this was a hoax" bit isn't a lot of lies and excuses...

And I don't buy that "oh... it got away... yeah.." line and it's still disgusting exploitation... When i see a fucking scrawny dog, I sure as hell try to do something... I think I could make a much bigge rimpact by-- UM... FEEDING IT than i could exploiting it while "playing the (something) anthem backwards and lighting crack rocks in an incense burner" which is what was described somewhere... I doubt very seriously this compassionate animal lover who had such a deep statement to make can really be justified by any stretch of the imagination... even if the dog were fed.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby pablo9000 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:35 pm

I was looking for a link about when Lars Van Trier killed a donkey for "Manderlay," and I found the article linked below.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/cruelcamera/cruelty.html

ummm, yikes.
pablo9000

committed
committed

Postby the raytownian » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:37 am

weird... That elephant footage is disturbing, seriously... I think that's the only thing I've actually seen.

Also... They didn't mention Pink Flamingos... as much as I love that trashy John Waters shit, there's always been a part of me that can't get over the whole chicken scene... but, I mean... at least they did eat it later... But maybe I'm making excuses...
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby basti moon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Oh no, animals can die? By fault of people? They don't jump into the humane slaughter machine and serve themselves as burgers?

Does anyone remember the chinese artist who tricked everyone into believing that he had ate a baby? There was pictures and everything. Supposedly he had gotten the baby from a hospital after a miscarriage, but it really was just a duck he had shaped like a persons.
Man, I love art. And today, mostly because I am hung over as hell, I love art that makes people look stupid.
basti moon

committed
committed

Postby Drohnwerks » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:55 am

Reminds me of The Bill Drummond Biography where at the height of the BSE crisis he planned to string two cow carcases up to electricity pylons, each saying "fucking Cows", from memory he picked the carcases up, but got freaked out before stringing them up.

Great book BTW.
Drohnwerks

interested
interested

Return to General Discussion