· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Lots of good recently. Worked through a lot of old trauma and finally got closure. Felt like closing the book on a dark part of my life.

I'm also seeing Daughters on Sunday and I'm hype as hell for it. Can't wait.

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:40 pm

i'm hoping that a similar thing will be part of the road trip in September. i haven't done a long trip by myself without poverty or emotional turmoil in decades, and i'll finally be able to have three weeks where i can go anywhere i can afford, do pretty much anything i want, and have loads and loads of time to ponder. i want things to be different after i get back, but i need to try to understand exactly what and how.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:14 pm

Watching two young badgers play in our garden this evening, having a great time munching the peanuts we put out for them. Badgers are awesome :)

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Dachshunds like 'em too. :hobbes:

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:01 pm

fun fact: dachshunds were bred to go down the burrow and drag the badger out by the face. you may have noticed their, erm, attitude; now you know why.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 am

FINALLY got own to doing demo recordings with my band, after years of not finalizing anything it feel amazing to be able to just listen to something while not playing it at the same time. 6 out of 14 songs done. Hopefully we can keep it up and do the record this summer.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am

Met up with my dad's best friend the other day, seriously thought this man was dead, as I haven't seen him since around the time my dad died 15-16 years ago. He asked if I wanted to help finish up some songs that my dad and him half-assed in high school, which is a cool project, and he offered to let me use his shop for building/repairing acoustics, which is pretty great.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:06 pm

I listened to my own music on vinyl for the first time the other day. Fucking weird experience.

Soon, you too can experience my music on vinyl!

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:10 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Met up with my dad's best friend the other day, seriously thought this man was dead, as I haven't seen him since around the time my dad died 15-16 years ago. He asked if I wanted to help finish up some songs that my dad and him half-assed in high school, which is a cool project, and he offered to let me use his shop for building/repairing acoustics, which is pretty great.

That's pretty cool man. :)*

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm

dubkitty wrote:fun fact: dachshunds were bred to go down the burrow and drag the badger out by the face. you may have noticed their, erm, attitude; now you know why.

Loved Daschunds before, adore them now. Thanks for the fact, it truly was fun!

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:43 pm

never mess with a dachshund; they will fuck you right up.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 pm

I'm ignoring you all and continuing in my adoration for cute badgers :) They ate three pears this evening (I thought some fresh fruit might go well with the peanuts)

Are dachshunds larger in the USA? They are tiny pathetic things in the UK that you can tread on without noticing; I really find it hard they would last more than a few seconds against a badger... or maybe British badgers are much larger than American ones? Or have UK dachshunds have been bred into miniature sizes? The ones I've seen have been about the size of a cat...

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 pm

:lol: :hug:

I like badgers too… and skunks… and other woodland creatures! :animal:

My joke was just that dachshunds were bred to hunt the badgers. So, they "like" 'em. :idk:

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:00 am

Woodland Creatures: an bande nayme.

Whenever I hear that phrase I think of filligreed folkerie a la Anthony Philips' 'Private Parts and Pieces 37'
'Woodland Creatures' could be an instrumental edit from 'Now What {Are They Doing to My Little Friends'
also-I saw a standard dachshund next to a miniature once--the standard was like 3x the size of the mini :eek: Maybe that's why there are so many badgers in the UK? (or is it because they aren't obsessively hunted down by gun-totin' slappies?) I would not personally want to be involved in cornering a badger bc badger would win. Mustilidae: do not fuck with. Mad respect for Dachsunds.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am

the badger-killing prototype dachshund, as the name implies, is from Germany. i'd look to German dogs and badgers as the original size relationship.
Post a reply