· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Upside to life being hell lately is that I've had a lot of extra time to hang out with my baby boy, and I've lost 5 lbs. So I've got that going for me.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 pm

reckon luck wrote:extra time to hang out with my baby boy

priceless man! soak it up...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm

adamajah wrote:
reckon luck wrote:extra time to hang out with my baby boy

priceless man! soak it up...

tru :) :)* :)* :)* :)*

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:51 pm

day 4 of tour. we’re 4 for 4 on good sleep and being able to shower so far. portland tonight, redding tomorrow, and back home to oakland on friday. no gear is broken and even though stay wild’s van died, we got it fixed in one day and made it to seattle last night with time to spare. donuts and tattour today.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:54 am

Work has finally quietened down which means that I get my first Saturday off since Christmas. :!!!:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Practice with my newest project is going great so far. It feels great to be in a band where everyone is hella experience. Theres less BSing when it comes to getting shit done.

We've got a photographer coming through next week to take band photos and individual band member shots. First time I've ever done that. Should be cool. YIP.

Also got the BC-1 pickup for my Billy Corgan Strat conversion in for valentines day. All I need now is the chopper and the guitar will be complete. :yay:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 am

Got an email from Amazon saying they want to do a phone interview with me for a position in Tokyo. I'm about to explode in nervousness and excitement.

Sort of still in disbelief that this even happened in the first place. Can't think of the last time the universe didn't flip me the cosmic finger.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Good luck ST!

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 pm

For real Strange Tales, thats fantastic! Good luck bro. :thumb:

Last nights photo shoot went well. Was the first time I've ever done super professional photos for one of my music projects. We also filmed some promotional stuff.

Its been cool to see this project take off and grow so quickly after getting together. Satisfying. Its given me confidence I didnt even know I had. Enough to whip my other band into shape, get normally flaky dudes to not be flaky. Its also helped me come out of my shell while performing more, which is something I've wanted to be able to do for a long time. Just get over my anxiety and just let go, let the music take me.

Anyway, next step its planning shows with both bands, refining the setlist, get some studio time set up. That sort of thing. I've also got my metal album to put out. So its looking to be a productive year. :hobbes:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Got an email from Amazon saying they want to do a phone interview with me for a position in Tokyo. I'm about to explode in nervousness and excitement.

Sort of still in disbelief that this even happened in the first place. Can't think of the last time the universe didn't flip me the cosmic finger.

You WILL get that job god damn it, and you WILL move.
This is like 'Good Will Hunting'. I love my NJ Bro but I want you gone and happy.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Have been listening to Cha La Head Cha La on repeat for the past hour. No fucking idea why this is totally hitting the spot right now.

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Forgot to post this a few days ago but I got a travel training position for my job which means I'll get to spend 3 and a half weeks in Florida starting in March!
Didn't necessarily think I was qualified since I've been working for the company for less than a year but I guess that didn't matter. It's gonna be a ton of work and lots of overtime but the money will be really nice and I need to get out of KY for a while.

Only downside will be missing my girlfriend. Good thing I'll have my OP-1 to keep me warm.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:03 am

I found out on Ancestry.com that my Great-Great and Great Grandfather were both Druids. Fuck yeah.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:38 am

Andrew wrote:I found out on Ancestry.com that my Great-Great and Great Grandfather were both Druids. Fuck yeah.

Fuck yeah. :cool:

I finally took a shower this morning. I will not be revealing when the last time I took a shower was.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am

I got my yearly bonus on Tuesday. Last year, it was taxed 36.8%. This year, thanks to Trump' s tax cuts, I was taxed 29.58% despite grossing more money. This puts me in a better position to achieve my longterm financial goals.
Post a reply