the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby Tigerbass » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I have a wireless for my bass and a Whestone coming in the mail this week! So much happiness in those 2 boxes for me!

:joy: :love: :omg:
私はファズを愛して = I love the fuzz.
Tigerbass

HERO
HERO

Postby McSpunckle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:34 pm

For the first time in my life I am successfully eating a grapefruit!
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:My first child is due this week. We've got all our shit ready and our bags packed. Ready to go! :joy:

It's gonna be awesome!

Me, I've got a great kid, great wife, great big stupid (but loving & loyal) dog. My band is almost done building out the new studio (only five or six months in the making!). And I've made tons of progress on my next solo noise/weirdness album in the last few weeks... up to nine songs that are done except for tweaks, one song that's almost done, and a bunch more in varying states of lesser readiness.

McSpunckle wrote:For the first time in my life I am successfully eating a grapefruit!

You're ahead of me on this one, sir.
Last edited by jrmy on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:My first child is due this week. We've got all our shit ready and our bags packed. Ready to go! :joy:

Fatherhood is awesome,man! Congrats! :hug:
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tigerbass » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Best of luck to all 3 of you! Congrats!
私はファズを愛して = I love the fuzz.
Tigerbass

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm

congrats, man! :)

excitement: i don't have nothing serious to bitch and be down about tonight... yay? :erm:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seedy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Yay! Babies! They're fun to make and own. I have a boy and a girl and they love me back.

Quick cuteness: My boy is 6 now, when he was still 5 I was talking to a guy at the used CD store about the little guitar that I bought him for Christmas, and a tiny Danelectro belt clip amp. The CD guy looks at my boy and says, "Cool man, you got a little amp too?" and my son answers, "Yeah, but I like a more vintage tone." He was 5, I have socks that are older than him. What does he know from vintage? I don't know where he got that, but my heart was full that day. I hope the same for you.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echobaseone » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:16 pm

my wife and two boys fill my heart with happy. got more gear than i deserve and to top it all off...this morning on the way to work I saw a lady in red sweats, galoshes and an eyepatch hunkered down on the side of the road across from a burned out church taking pictures of gigantic mushrooms. Seriously, is life NOT fucking awesome?
echobaseone

committed
committed

Postby tuffteef » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

McSpunckle wrote:For the first time in my life I am successfully eating a grapefruit!

one way to get me to leave a party

put fruit out.
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby unownunown » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm

grapefruits are so delicious. easily my favorite fruit.

when i eat them i peel them, remove all the pith, separate each membrane, pull them apart at the top, then finally rip all little bitter membrane bits away. delicious sweetness. big mess sorta, but it's SO WORTH IT.
mathias wrote:I heard that Tom Dalton read a book on how to grow online communities around your business. But he thought it was too much work so he just created a forum full of alts. You and I are the only real people.
unownunown

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:55 pm

I was moving stuff out of my closet to make room for my clear-coated bass to hang and needed to put the homemade (by someone else) guitar 2x12 out of the way. I decided to hook it up to my bass rig for kicks and this setup makes the Big Spider sound even better!

It's sweet :joy:

So now I want a cheap guitar head to bi-amp with! I don' curr if it's solid state, does anyone have any recommendations/tips? I'm using a Hartke HA3500 (350 watt hybrid bass amp) and my bass 4x10 and this guitar 2x12 are both 8 ohm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby warwick.hoy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm happy it's Hockey season and will be until June.
behndy wrote:"huh. i'm on acid."

Noiseprov/Pedalcore:
Mecha Shiva on Soundcloud.

WHY DID JOHNNY KILL? on Bandcamp. <--Beer Fund

Good Dealings with: futuresailors, Eric!, Multi_S, hatshirt, leastwise, Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D
warwick.hoy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I finally got my ears pierced to start gauging.
Also my beard is pretty sweet, IMHO.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby unownunown » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm

foomanfat wrote:I finally got my ears pierced to start gauging.

i need to start trying to stretch my ears again. i was at 6 but i took them out for some reason. now i have to start all over again. :no:

fuck yeah beard! i wish i could grow one sometimes.
mathias wrote:I heard that Tom Dalton read a book on how to grow online communities around your business. But he thought it was too much work so he just created a forum full of alts. You and I are the only real people.
unownunown

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby foomanfat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

unownunown wrote:
foomanfat wrote:I finally got my ears pierced to start gauging.

i need to start trying to stretch my ears again. i was at 6 but i took them out for some reason. now i have to start all over again. :no:

fuck yeah beard! i wish i could grow one sometimes.

I just got them pierced to a 14 and I'd like to go to 00. I won't be able to actually start stretching until, like, January, though.
I'm gonna see how hip I can get before I spontaneously combust.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion