The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Olin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 am

This page is uncomfortably familiar. I just came here to whine about incompetent colleagues and now I've gotta actually pay attention to the things I've been avoiding.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 am

I'm trying to guess what my friend Olin does for a living...but Canadian VS USA laws on labor are throwing me off. I'm guessing something in a hospital?
@waltdogg and @olin -> Feel better gentlemen. I only want the best for both of my fuzz friends.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 am

Main difference is we spell it labour, other than that not much lol. I'm a "personal support worker" for mentally challenged adults though.
As much as I complain about excessive hours lately, I think I actually kind of like being out of my apartment and in a place where I have a legitimate excuse to not do anything real/think about anything/generally embrace some facts I'm starting to realise. It'll come in time, inevitably, but for now it's way easier to complain about that stupid Newfie fuckhead who keeps calling in sick just before his goddamn shift starts, leaving me to pick up his pieces. Fuck you Gerry.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 am

The year is off to a good start. We need new brake pads and rotors on our van. Our furnace is broken and we don't know what's wrong yet. We did a weird installation locally that should cover most of the costs but the other contractor working on it hasn't finished his part yet so we can't finish ours and get paid.

I am so frustrated.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 am

aens_wife wrote:We did a weird installation locally that should cover most of the costs but the other contractor working on it hasn't finished his part yet so we can't finish ours and get paid.

I am so frustrated.

understand this deeply
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm

aens_wife wrote:The year is off to a good start. We need new brake pads and rotors on our van. Our furnace is broken and we don't know what's wrong yet. We did a weird installation locally that should cover most of the costs but the other contractor working on it hasn't finished his part yet so we can't finish ours and get paid.

I am so frustrated.

You should be able to find someone who would do the whole brake job for a pedal.. I've done all 4 corners for less!

Furnaces are a crock.. it takes them like 20 minutes to change a manifold or a nozzle .. boom $400. :no:
The worst.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:03 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:
aens_wife wrote:The year is off to a good start. We need new brake pads and rotors on our van. Our furnace is broken and we don't know what's wrong yet. We did a weird installation locally that should cover most of the costs but the other contractor working on it hasn't finished his part yet so we can't finish ours and get paid.

I am so frustrated.

You should be able to find someone who would do the whole brake job for a pedal.. I've done all 4 corners for less!

Furnaces are a crock.. it takes them like 20 minutes to change a manifold or a nozzle .. boom $400. :no:
The worst.

that's when you tell them no fix-it man makes $1200/hr and to get the fuck out of your house with their life before they even expect to even get paid.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

It's always fees. Oh the "drive over fee" and the "look at it fee" and the "yep it's fucked up fee" etc..

I had a bridge once at the dentist and it was around $1600.. took maybe a half an hour. I fucked up. Should have been a dentist
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:40 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Furnaces are a crock.. it takes them like 20 minutes to change a manifold or a nozzle .. boom $400. :no:
The worst.

The one (major) consolation in all this is that we know the repair guy pretty well. He is a guitar player and a wonderful person. He changed the nozzle yesterday for $20. It died again later in the day, which in all my doom and gloom I assumed was a kiss of death. He came by again today and replaced the nozzle again and it worked. No charge for the second trip. The issue is that it is an old oil burning furnace, so the sludge that clogs that up is going to be a constant problem. We just need a new furnace, which will require us to run a gas line when the ground thaws. Couldn't replace the furnace right now if we wanted to...

All in all, could have been so much worse, but long term still sucks.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:47 pm

The silver lining ;) yeah gas is expensive to run, but you save so much money each month in the winter.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

after spending christmas in a basement in colorado. i love furnaces. fuck central air.

edit: oh, fuck me. totally forgot to get mailing envelopes and hit the post office. it's storming right now and i don't mind the rain but it's all the people that act stupid in the rain. the post office is always a crapshoot so i expect that to take anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm

i just got a letter from the IRS...apparently Wells Fargo "forgave" some debt i owed them in 2016, so i now owe $1500 in back taxes. :grumpy:

also, my therapist has been getting screwed over by my company's insurance provider, so i'm going to have to stop seeing her in 3 months. we're going to go to bi-weekly sessions from weekly starting immediately so i can taper off. thank god i've been improving, but it's still a lot to process cos i've been seeing her for three years.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 pm

I've hit that level of chronic exhaustion where I sleep for 10 hours a day, do pretty much nothing the other 14 hours, and it's still an absolute chore to just get up and grab a drink from the fridge.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:48 am

awkward dilemma. my band is playing a show on saturday. the band i'm potentially joining is also playing a separate show saturday. they're already letting it slide. but i feel shitty about it.

edit: yeah i was up all night coz i slept most of the day and spent the time learning the new band's setlist. so i could potentially squeeze in playing two shows in one night coz i don't wanna seem flaky before i've even auditioned? my mind is running fucking circles.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:

I am so frustrated.

The worst.

We aren't all crooks. But you would be surprised at the cost breakdown to run service calls.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion