The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Paul_C » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:I'm empty.

You have my sympathy, I'm still recovering from my last (and it may well be may last) relationship.

She wanted a family (her late 30s me late 40s at the time) and I was happy to go along with it as I've got two daughters and an ex-wife and I wanted the chance for the whole Mum and Dad and kid/s thing which I missed out on as I was left looking after my older two when they were 4 and 18 months.

Everything was mostly fine until we had our daughter, but once she was born I became mostly surplus to requirements, and when I refused to consider a second child (at the time money was very tight, six months later it would have been fine) she stopped talking to me. She finally moved out two years later having barely acknowledged my existence in that time, communicating by FB message or written note.

A year and a half later I have reached a point where I'm beginning to come to terms with the situation (mostly due to a ridiculous amount of anti-depressants) and one of the best signs has been my purchase of a new amp and the acquisition of a number of pedals with which to amuse myself.

I still rarely go out (generally with my daughter and for her entertainment) but I am feeling a little better about myself and no longer feel like I'm merely a shell that looks like me.

So, as with the time my ex-wife left, time is slowly passing and things are slowly getting better. I doubt there's much anyone can say that will take away the pain, but if you can hang on through the worst of it then more often than not it will get better.

So my solution is: buy a BitQuest and wait. . . and take care of yourself in the meantime.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:30 am

I think I need to better explain what I am feeling. I am broke. Deeply so. I just started my new job and it is fine, but it takes up 12 hours of my day, 5 hours a day. I’m not drawing a paycheck yet. I sold almost everything for gas money. I work. I come home. I take care of my dog. I can either watch tv with my dad or sit alone in my room. That’s my life. It is empty and cold and pointless. I don’t have any vices or distractions. I’m lonely. There’s just no reason. I can’t even listen to music because my music collection was on the laptop she smashed.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am

Hey man, I don't mean to be a dick, but at least you have a job. You'll have a paycheck soon. You'll be able to listen to music again soon. Your dad obviously cares about you.
I'm also broke as fuck, single, lonely, etc. but things get better.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 am

chuckjaywalk wrote:I can’t even listen to music because my music collection was on the laptop she smashed.

See if you can restore the data of the laptop's HD. You cannot destroy a laptop completely at once, including the HD. I'm sure that your music collection isn't lost.

Keep your head up. And I mean that literally! See that you start walking straight again. Walking around with the head down and hanging shoulders only leads to more depression. Your brain will be stuck in an endless loop if you do so, although you try to think of better things. There are some tricks to keep your brain from being a constant thinking-about-bad-things-carousel. I would also recommend professional help from a therapist.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Have you ever messaged someone on Reverb just to ask them what the fuck their problem is? For example, the owner of this dirty ass sequencer listed at retail?

https://reverb.com/item/6755229-make-noise-rene
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 am

popvulture wrote:Have you ever messaged someone on Reverb just to ask them what the fuck their problem is?

:lol: MESSAGE: 'Hey Man...What the fuck is your problem?'
Oh that's great :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:33 am

$harkToootth wrote:Hey Man...What the fuck is your problem?

Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 am

Haha yeah I'm no detective but I'm guessing the response would make me madder than the posting :D
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am

rip :cry:

actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 am

Fuck Marlon Brando. John Dunsworth is a genius of acting. One of the greats. Very unfortunate.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 am

brb crying
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lost in music » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:16 am

My wife has a breast lump and is getting checked out later this week and I'm terrified.

I took my cat to the vet to have him euthanized about a month and a half ago. It was real emotional preparing for the trip. But when we got there, the vet was like "wait, there's a medication that I've used that sometimes works well in cases like these." So we didn't put him to sleep and were cautiously optimistic. But it turned out that that very expensive medicine didn't work in our case, so now I'm thinking I have to take him back to have him put down again. But he isn't miserable all the time - just some of the time. So just when I'm like "he's been too fatigued and he isn't eating - maybe now's the time" he'll perk back up and wolf down a plate of food. It's really fucking with me.

Processing both of these things at once is too much for me. And so, to bring this back to fuzz, I've been lurking on reverb and ebay and checking out gear that I want - like I ALWAYS DO - and just when I think I should buy something because it's a good deal, a voice pops up in my head like "Can you at least wait until all the worry and doom in your family has subsided before you start shopping for yourself? How are your kids gonna feel if you're sitting around opening up a big box full of FX-series DOD on the same day you bury their cat, man?" Grim lol.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 am

im getting drunk as fuck tonight. i am the liquor.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 am

John Dunsworths daughter Sarah, I saw an interview with her, and she said people would come up to her saying "your dad was drunk downtown actin a fool" and she said he never gets drunk he was just practicing his role as jim.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:19 pm

The shit barometer is at all time high. The shit winds are here.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion