The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 am

TraceItalian wrote:A girl asked me out. She's my bartender's sister and has threatened me with body harm if I talk to her sister. There's a lot riding on this. Plus I'm nervous about dating someone again after so soon getting broken up. I feel nervous and anxious and freaked out, 20% in a good way, 80% in a horrible way.

Tell him to go fuck him self. If he tries anything, you'll get him on an assault charge. Threatening someone in that way is also against the law.

What a douche nugget.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby resincum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 pm

yeah ya'll should bone
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:11 pm

I ordered a bunch of electronic components for a project. After hours of going over and over everything, making parts/order lists, double checking the schematic and PCB, correcting errors...I missed just 2 crucial capacitors. I made bonehead mistake somehow, because I needed two 47uF electrolytic caps and I had .47uF ones I didn't need. So obviously you're really can't order 2 small capacitors in any financial or time efficient way. So I bought a bunch more parts for another project/idea test I wanted to do and gotta wait a week or so for that to come in before I can move forward with anything. Frustrating.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Errant Tiger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm

I have tickets for one of my favorite musicians tonight at one of my favorite venues, and the wife and I were really looking forward to going. Sadly, I also have bronchitis (or something doing a very good bronchitis impression), and can't unload the tickets. Dammit!
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 pm

tfw when your life is unsustainable because it's mentally destroying you but you're already too mentally destroyed to change anything about it

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
TraceItalian wrote:A girl asked me out. She's my bartender's sister and has threatened me with body harm if I talk to her sister. There's a lot riding on this. Plus I'm nervous about dating someone again after so soon getting broken up. I feel nervous and anxious and freaked out, 20% in a good way, 80% in a horrible way.

Tell him to go fuck him self. If he tries anything, you'll get him on an assault charge. Threatening someone in that way is also against the law.

What a douche nugget.

Bartender is actually a she, and I actually understand why she's like that, she practically raised her. As for reporting it, well, things roll a bit differently where I'm at. I don't like it, as I shouldn't, but it's what I'm used to, it's informed my life a lot. Flip side, I have tacit approval on the date from the bartender because I carried a guy called Little Joe to his taxi (because I'm a mama bear and hate to see someone left unattended). Not that I was seeking/waiting for it, but it is nice I don't have to expect getting the shit kicked out of me by her two jail hopping brothers in the parking lot.
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:53 pm

ice_cream.jpg
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't have the side income for a new bass. Fuck being a responsible adult.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 pm

On call and it feels like prison... I got a new partner at the beginning of the year and we fucking hate 1 another (I know I hate him particularly working with him and I think it's mutual). That's my only real gripe right now but it's huge at 3am when you need your partner to be on his shit and listening.

I dunno, I just had a great Chicago pizza and I've been playing my new jhs Gibson Marauder knockoff, just can't have a beer. First world problems right?
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 am

Yeah, on call sucks. Self imposed house arrest. The best is when someone balks that you say you will be there in an hour, as if that isn't quick enough. Multiple times a year I have to tell someone I am not the fire department.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:21 am

just woke up from one of the most horrible nightmares i've ever had. now it's 5:20 AM and i'll never get back to sleep. fml. ever since i quit smoking pot the nightmares are an every night thing, and it's really hard to take.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby OldGeorge » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:43 pm

codetocontra wrote:Yeah, on call sucks. Self imposed house arrest. The best is when someone balks that you say you will be there in an hour, as if that isn't quick enough. Multiple times a year I have to tell someone I am not the fire department.

When people pull over after 11pm to ask me if I'm the reason they're cable is out while it's raining and I'm digging up a feeder or trunk that failed because an asshat covered it up is my favourite... (I'm a lineman for the cable company)

"How long till I can use the internet again? I need my internet you know..."
:picard:

last night was bad
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 pm

I had a friend that did that work too. He had on call work down to a scam. If they got called out they were paid for 3 hours regardless of how long it took for their 1st call, and more if it took longer. So they would hurry and clock out ASAP then clock right back in for the next call. IIRC, the 3 hours was only for the first call of the night and not every call. But he also had the luxury of coming home 30 minutes early and trying to remember to clock out at his normal time, connecting his house to the internet every night at his box and disconnecting it in the morning because he wasn't paying for it (not a benefit), and getting paid to watch TV in the back of his truck on Saturdays because they could only work on outages during football time. Plus they worked four days with 10 hour shifts. And he didn't work too often, posted on FB all day. I'd laugh when he complained about how hard it was to dig a hole for an hour.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby OldGeorge » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:54 pm

It's not quite like that, but in some ways not far from it. Most days my life is spent on a ladder 15-20' up doing battle with squirrels and trees or in a bucket 20-30' up hoping a car doesn't hit me or driving and parking in places others can't. I get "free" cable.

I love my job, just really really bored and can't get good sleep. I can't even turn the amp up to my normal probably inappropriate volume out of fear of missing a page. 1 week then 6 without worry... gotta make it through tonight
OldGeorge

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion