The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby aens_wife » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Oh man. I feel for you, Bassist. We spent $800 on our cat over about a month and then she died.

And then our best dog ate a resistor clipping and had to have $2k surgery last month. We are drowning in vet bills now, too. Sigh.

I wouldn't have it any other way but fuck. Those unexpected bills can be killers. Hope your cat is ok.

PS - have no mercy. Wrap that cat in a towel (or wear leather gloves or something) and be brutal about medicine. Kids and animals might hate you for it, but you are trying to save their lives.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:That's pure shitty man I'm sorry. Is it like a "take this for a couple of weeks and you're golden" or a "take this from now on" kind of cat throat squirting medicine? As shitty as it is, can you have someone help you restrain the poor beast as the treatment is administered?

Thankfully it's the former. Ms. Diver will be here to help for most of it, but she'll be out of town next week.

aens_wife wrote:Oh man. I feel for you, Bassist. We spent $800 on our cat over about a month and then she died.

And then our best dog ate a resistor clipping and had to have $2k surgery last month. We are drowning in vet bills now, too. Sigh.

I wouldn't have it any other way but fuck. Those unexpected bills can be killers. Hope your cat is ok.

PS - have no mercy. Wrap that cat in a towel (or wear leather gloves or something) and be brutal about medicine. Kids and animals might hate you for it, but you are trying to save their lives.

Sorry to hear about your fur baby :(

We wrapped her in a beach towel and tried the gradual stream. Next time she's getting the Tom Berenger treatment.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:That's pure shitty man I'm sorry. Is it like a "take this for a couple of weeks and you're golden" or a "take this from now on" kind of cat throat squirting medicine? As shitty as it is, can you have someone help you restrain the poor beast as the treatment is administered?

Thankfully it's the former. Ms. Diver will be here to help for most of it, but she'll be out of town next week.

aens_wife wrote:Oh man. I feel for you, Bassist. We spent $800 on our cat over about a month and then she died.

Sorry to hear about your fur baby :(

We wrapped her in a beach towel and tried the gradual stream. Next time she's getting the Tom Berenger treatment.

My dog had a spine injury over the summer. We were sure that it was an expensive surgery on top of MRIs, etc. Dog already has a sizable portion of our budget due to expensive allergy pills and anxiety medication. She's great. But the back thing was scary. We would never put her down (she's only 7) but the prospect of surgery, etc. was terrifying. My wife slept with her on the floor for three nights before I took a few shifts sleeping with her. All turned out okay in the end, a fluke, really, and so we're lucky.

Sending some positive mental vibes your way Bassist. And same to Ben and Louise. Fur babies are important.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:12 pm

My favorite cat I ever had .. Odys .. short for Odysseus because he was so epic.. totally started pissing in the sink .. took him to the vet, had the male cat pisser crystals so we had to get him this special food .. rest of his life. 2 weeks later he gets sniped by an owl. :no:

I would have bought the special food for decades to have him around.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 pm

God damn

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 am

my Lulu has had an irritable colon disorder for five years now. i give her a stringe full of meds every day. she was getting so skinny that i thought she was dying, but a change to different food and added probiotics has her significantly better in the last few weeks...she's gaining weight, and has started taking care of herself again after becoming so lax that i had to give her a bath. but i still worry every single day that i'll come home and find her dead.

i've found that the easiest & safest way to give a cat liquid meds is to catch them from behind while they're eating...this keeps the paws 'n' claws on the ground and in a position where they can't easily be brought into play. one hand clutching the scruff, and the dominant hand holding the syringe in the corner of the mouth. try it...it's much safer than trying to dose them on your lap.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 am

Since fucking 6:45 am.
On a fucking Saturday.
Fuck you gun owners.
Fuck you.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:52 pm

so i drove up to Brooklyn to ses Spiritualized play. the show was utterly brilliant, the best thing i've seen all year by far. but once i left New York for home things turned to shit.

i was driving down I-95 in the pouring rain at 60MPH when i hydroplaned and slid into a van in the lane next to me. he turned sideways and nosed into the center divider and then slid back into me (we were sliding backwards by this point) and drove us both off the road on the right shoulder. me and the other driver were both OK, but probably both vehicles are totalled. i had to leave the car with the insurance adjuster in Wilmington, DE for evaluation, so i got a rental car through my insurance Friday afternoon. while on the way home a motorcyclist hit me while i was making a left turn. thank god the car was undamaged except a trashed hubcap and some storm flashing torn from the fender well, so i was able to finally get home and feed my cat who'd been hungry since the previous evening.

i am not a happy kitty. i still owe $3000 on the car, so it's a toss-up if i'll get enough insurance back to pay for a new car. plus i've got traffic tickets to deal with--they wrote me up for the second one even though i was hit--as well as everything else. i really want to just go to sleep, but i have to work today and tomorrow so i don't wind up hundreds short on my next paycheck. fuckin' phooey.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jwar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:Since fucking 6:45 am.
On a fucking Saturday.
Fuck you gun owners.
Fuck you.

Ok. Thanks. I own 4 guns, so fuck me right?

Care to clarify what you're saying a bit? I have zero idea.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Jwar wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Since fucking 6:45 am.
On a fucking Saturday.
Fuck you gun owners.
Fuck you.

Ok. Thanks. I own 4 guns, so fuck me right?

Care to clarify what you're saying a bit? I have zero idea.

I

Don't

Being

Woken

Up

At

6:45

In

The

Morning

By

Fucking

Gunfire

On

A

Fucking

Weekend

What

The

Fuck

Is

There

To

Understand?

!
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

As far as I read, you didn't say "I was woken up". So, unless you say the words you want to, how am I supposed to read it?

Does that make everyone that owns a gun a bad person? I never hear gun shots in my neighborhood, so I cannot relate here. I did when lived in KCMO though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Jwar wrote:As far as I read, you didn't say "I was woken up". So, unless you say the words you want to, how am I supposed to read it?

Does that make everyone that owns a gun a bad person? I never hear gun shots in my neighborhood, so I cannot relate here. I did when lived in KCMO though.

If you are a responsible person with the thing and aren't a asshole about I don't care if you own one :idk: What I don't really like though is the gun-power [ ;) ] culture that is prevalent in the rural areas of this country. If people didn't act like asses about it I don't think you would have the left pushback like it is.

I live by a lake, somewhere guys like to fire off shotguns in the morning in autumn and spring, I assume at ducks of geese... But I can't say for sure. They also shoot the things off randomly in the middle of the night, they must hate animals or something :idk: and no calling the cops won't do anything.. there are 3 cops that live on this street.. :idk:

How long do you think it would take for me to get in trouble if I took a big fucking amp outside and started dooming at 6:45?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I totally understand and agree now. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:How long do you think it would take for me to get in trouble if I took a big fucking amp outside and started dooming at 6:45?

Call up LMNC and make an amp out of shotguns. :poke:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:00 pm

this sounds like the kind of thread that's going to give a whole new meaning to "bass like a cannon."

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion