The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby waltdogg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 pm

lost a tip i got today. guess someone needed it more?
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:05 am

calfzilla wrote:And then yesterday I received a package that contained two bags of coffee. One was a roast they usually make, one was a “make your own blend” with a customized name (roasted cynicism).... smell of coffee was strong. Too strong. Coffee grounds in the padded envelope. A puncture in the envelope that went right through the “roasted cynicism” print. And the company closes at 4pm EST because who cares about customers...

I don’t know if I should be mad that the small amount of joy I was expecting was ruined, or if I should laugh that the universe decided to poke a literal hole in my cynicism.

Sorry about your coffee, but between your story and the piece of ice cream cake I just ate at a birthday party, I'm now jonesing for a cup of coffee at 11 pm. I've got decaf, but this is going to mean a 3 am trip to the bathroom. :(
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:48 am

Achtane wrote:Everything and everyone are irritating me all the time rahhhhhhh
I wanna fuck off to the middle of nowhere and do nothing. maybe stare at something. Like a lake. Or a cool tree.

i hear ya...i wish i still had the 86 4wd Suburban and could drive off to the mountains and not have to deal with humans for awhile.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby neonblack » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:56 am

I really resent my phone for telling me how long I have till my alarm goes off when I set it.

I also resent that bartender for leaving a late nite food menu on the bar when the kitchen was closed because I had already decided on the jalapeno poppers

But I woke up last night in a cold sweat, burning up and freezing with a sudden and massive rumbling in my gut. And I'm pretty sure it's from a combination of gummy life savers, Doritos, and red bull earlier in the day with Taco Bell for dinner because I'm a fucking disgusting monster.

Also blah blah job blah blah girls.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Was working on multiple drafts for the Empress contest last night, but my eyes were burning and I went to bed frustrated. Today I got up and my back was aching, immediately after I got in the chair. I said, "Fuck this," and didn't bother submitting my favorite entry. I was feeling cynical, and thought my projection of what I'd like to see was too optimistic, so I just gave up. Man, I hate feeling shitty all the time.

The latest offering from Empress will be a multi-function box that allows for modulating parameters in fresh and unexpected ways. Inspired by modular and waveform synthesis, the **** will allow users to blend wavetables with dueling modulation for layering unique and inspiring sounds. The combination of the front panel controls with the user-selectable waveforms will allow for complex and even unfamiliar tones and textures. In designing **** we wanted to give users an interface that could not only be distinguished from other gear, but would yield unmatched control. A selectable expression port will provide users to control multiple parameters in real-time. A number of classic modulation sounds are easily accessed, but with the enhanced expression possibilities, **** also provides a variety of uncharted rhythmic and melodic pulses and patterns.

I imagine this guy won it. "It’s gonna be a polyphonic synth like processor, with presets, midi, stereo in/out and infinite sustain by holding the footswitch" ----kudos to him, if he got it.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 am

Why the fuck does every guitar tech feel the need to restring with half a wind around the tuning peg. There's so much excess string leftover that gets cut anyway, so you may as well have the added string tension and stability

Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 am

Went into work thinking about how dumb these three hour shifts are, it ended up being 17 with no sleep and I am not feeling it.

Update: now Canada fucking post has said my package will go out for delivery today. They, 100% of the time, pre-write the "sorry we missed you" slips and just deliver those instead of the actual item, and then they close at 5pm, when I will probably be waking up. They won't knock, won't even make a vague attempt at delivery and if you don't like it you get the usual "Tough shit you have no one else" response. I wish more than anything that Royal Mail would extend its reach to these barbaric colonials and show them the way. In Russia/a lot of Eastern Europe no one delivers, but they don't claim to, it's just the standard to go an pick it up, so it's a lot easier to deal with, but having to pay $50 for something to come from MI to Ontario and then not even have it delivered takes the piss.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 am

Andrew wrote:Why the fuck does every guitar tech feel the need to restring with half a wind around the tuning peg. There's so much excess string leftover that gets cut anyway, so you may as well have the added string tension and stability

when you have a string actually slip out of a tuning peg and almost slit your face while tuning it, then you kind of learn the value of having the string wind more half a wind around the tuning peg
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Yeah man. Two wraps unless you're using locking tuners.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 am

I put like 90% of the string on where applicable.. that being said the 80 and 74 I've tried on my 8 string .. you can get about 2 wraps if you're lucky
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 am

popvulture wrote:Yeah man. Two wraps unless you're using locking tuners.

with one turn under the string end and one above for the locking effect.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am

Yesterday we found out that something I have suspected is true. My mother in law is not making here truck payments and is now facing repossession. I know this is extremely personal and she'd die if she knew I was talking about this shit on a forum, but I'm beyond caring and need my peers/friends support.

When she moved in with us, I was supposed to be buying her truck. I made three payments to here before she decided she wanted to sell it a different way, which she never did. I was supposed to take the three 300 dollar payments I made to her as a tax deduction for renting her truck (right...since it will work like that). Basically, I threw 900 bucks out the fucking window on nothing and have nothing to show for it. I probably drove that thing 10 total times in the 3 months it was supposed to be mine.

She's currently at her home again helping her son with his dying dog, but all her stuff is still her. I'm thinking of kicking her out. She's a goddamn liar and I'm fucking sick of it. I was told the payments would be going to the bank automatically every month. She's 3 going on 4 month behind in payments, which means at least one of the payments I gave her was never given to the bank. So she took my fucking money and did not make a payment. Basically stealing from me. This whole situation has disgusted me so much I feel like calling her and yelling at her ass. I'm not sure what to do her.

She has put so much strain on my family and I believe she's setting a terrible example for my kids. She's facing the repossession (which I don't want that shit at my home. It's embarrassing and I don't want my kids or neighbors to witness it), she's a barely or non contributing member of the household (she sits on her phone with her face buried in it 8-9 hours a day and barely does anything), she has no money and when she does have it she buys garbage food that I don't want my kids to have, she is talking to different men all over the world via chat or phone (meeting them on dating websites...and a slew of other bs. So, horrible example for the kids.

I'm left with feeling conflicted though. I love her and I don't want her to be in harms way, but I feel like her staying here is enabling her to be a lazy human being and get away with whatever she wants. There is also part of me that feels like I'm constantly taking her inventory (which is not good to do) and judging her.

Extremely confused here, conflicted, angry, sad...don't know what to do. Do I kick her out because her own family (my wife and her siblings) are too passive aggressive to say anything? Sigh.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:51 am

Could she be depressed? The behavior you are describing sounds like depression to me. Not that it excuses it, but it does possibly make it easier to understand why/how she is doing these things.

As far as how to deal with that, I dunno. Has your wife talked to her about her current situation? I think that might be the best way to go, since you are holding a lot of resentment. I am not sure how helpful you would be in finding a solution. (that is not a judgement - just an observation).
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 pm

aens_wife wrote:Could she be depressed? The behavior you are describing sounds like depression to me. Not that it excuses it, but it does possibly make it easier to understand why/how she is doing these things.

As far as how to deal with that, I dunno. Has your wife talked to her about her current situation? I think that might be the best way to go, since you are holding a lot of resentment. I am not sure how helpful you would be in finding a solution. (that is not a judgement - just an observation).

She for sure is depressed and has been for a long, long time. It's extremely sad and I wish that she would seek help for it.

My wife told me last night that this is the way she has always been. She's had many cars repossessed, couches, homes...etc. She is just a terrible money manager but she's 61, so I don't know how you help someone realize that at her age when they are continuously able to just side step issues.

When my wife tries to talk to her about anything real, she gets quiet or upset.

For instance, she has been leaving her dog out when she leave even though we have a kennel for the stupid thing. When she leaves, her dog goes to our front door and scratches our expensive plantation shudders. The dog has completely broken one and they are not cheap. My wife said something to her about kenneling her dog (and she was not mean or angry) and her mom stormed off to her bedroom for the night with the dog.

She acts like a baby. It's insane.

I'm truly at a loss of what to do here too because it seems like her family will not have the hard talks with their parents.

I realize it may make me sound like a dick or disrespectful but when my parents do some stupid shit or talk to me in a way I feel is not right, I call their asses out on it. I tell them how I feel and I've never hid it. It's just not who I am. So all this tip toeing around stuff is killing me and it's escalated to the point where I probably am not the right person to say anything now. I'll blow up and go on a huge rant and destroy the relationship forever.

I've got to figure a way to communicate with her or have her family do so without hurting her.

There's this al anon saying which I love and think of a lot "say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't be mean". It's a good thought process IMO. It's just hard to get out sometimes.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Just had a long talk with my wife about this again. I told her that it's our responsibility to say something to her because we are watching her downward spiral and she needs us to intervene on some level to try and help her. She agreed with me but she feels like her moms avoidance issues overshadow anything we say, which could be true, however, it's not our issue. We pass the message along that we are in fear for her well being and we believe she needs to get help. Clearly. Hopefully we can do this and it works out. She may get angry, she may move out, she may stop talking to us, but we've tried to help her and I can be at peace with that.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion