The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby aens_wife » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't think we can do a fraud charge back because the $ was more than our processor covers. It was over $600 for the first scammer. We refunded the second scammer ($840) today before we shipped the pedals.

I filed a mail fraud charge tonight and I'll keep bugging the postal service but I am not optimistic. What a shitty awful day (for more reasons than just this).
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby IEatCats » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:12 am

I barely posted in 2017 and somehow completely missed that ILFCast actually happened. I have a few voicemails from the first episode or two that I never sent, and forgot to ever follow up again on it.

But I'm coming back to life in 2018 and I'm down to, like, fucking keep up on that shit this year.

On the positive side, I have a bunch of podcasts to listen to.
maz91379 wrote:this board is really weird sometimes bros

Amissoteomb wrote:Modern technology makes the process of purchasing erection pills even simpler and swifter than before.
IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:23 am

Achtane wrote:The stupid, or assholes, or stupid assholes are playing life on easy mode. Everyone knows that hard mode unlocks the...uh, true ending?
New Game Plus?
Hmm...

It doesn’t unlock shit. Hard mode is it’s own reward.

Totally stealing your analogy. A philosophy for the trumpocene.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Back in March 2016, I spent about $800 on a Dell XPS 8900 because I needed some computing power. In December, the Dell Support Assistant window popped up and told me to update the BIOS. Like a fool, I did, and after that I couldn't restart my computer. Since it wasn't under warranty, I had to pay Dell about $400 for shipping, diagnosis, and repair costs. They said the motherboard and one of the processors were bad and needed to be replaced, and they even charged me sales tax for the parts. Once they had my computer, they also refused to honor a quote they had given me over the phone for the cost to replace the motherboard, and gave me a more expensive quote.

I Googled, and Dell's BIOS updates breaking their computers seems to be a thing, but Dell accepts no responsibility if the computer isn't under warranty. I think that's total bullshit. They broke my $800 computer, and then charged my $400 to fix it!

Dell is never getting one single penny of hard earned money again.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 pm

IEatCats wrote:I barely posted in 2017 and somehow completely missed that ILFCast actually happened. I have a few voicemails from the first episode or two that I never sent, and forgot to ever follow up again on it.

But I'm coming back to life in 2018 and I'm down to, like, fucking keep up on that shit this year.

On the positive side, I have a bunch of podcasts to listen to.

Haha. I left you several voicemails :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Man, I miss those voicemails. haha
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Man, I miss those voicemails. haha

BitchPudding wrote:YO YO ITS YA BOI
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:15 pm

NEVER FORGET THAT GUN WAS INNOCENT.

SO SAY YA BOI, MEME DADDY SUPREME.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby IEatCats » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:58 am

I sent the lost voicemails to UglyCasanova, so hopefully theyll make it to air. The number still works though, so i'll set an alarm on my phone to check it once a week or something from now on.
maz91379 wrote:this board is really weird sometimes bros

Amissoteomb wrote:Modern technology makes the process of purchasing erection pills even simpler and swifter than before.
IEatCats

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Today I committed to making my meetings at the college I work for as weird and uncomfortable as possible. Here are the tangents I pursued (all of them emerged organically):

1) Cannibal Burgers. These are raw beef hamburgers eaten by an in-law
2) A protracted rant about Nazis and Nazi sympathizers fleeing to South America (the Amazon was loaded with 'Dutch settlements' in the mid-century)
3) I suggested that there would be a Hawaiian baby boom nine months after the erroneously-announced missile strike. I referred to them as 'celebration of life' babies
4) During a safety discussion about school shootings and the 'chain of command,' I made recommendations as to who would make the best body shield for the president
5) 'If you do it right, speedbumps turn into ramps'
6) Without my knowledge, we called the police on a black student for talking angrily about white guilt and the history of oppression in a cultural diversity class. I said a lot of things about it, because I think we bungled the situation. I was told that this was 'not a philosophical discussion' and that we 'did the right thing for our students.'

I'm posting this in SHRAMI for my own peace of mind. I need to blow this shit into the ether or I'll lose my mind.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby aens_wife » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Invisible Man wrote:6) Without my knowledge, we called the police on a black student for talking angrily about white guilt and the history of oppression in a cultural diversity class. I said a lot of things about it, because I think we bungled the situation. I was told that this was 'not a philosophical discussion' and that we 'did the right thing for our students.'

I'm posting this in SHRAMI for my own peace of mind. I need to blow this shit into the ether or I'll lose my mind.

I would absolutely self destruct if that shit was defended at a meeting with me in it. Or I would have gotten fired. They all honestly dug their heels in that calling the cops on a black student was the right thing to do in the year of our lord 2018?!?!

You must have the self restraint of a god damn saint, sir.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm gonna try not to revisit it too much because it's dumb bullshit that's out of my hands, but...yes. Patience is a virtue until it isn't. And I'm out of patience (Liam Neeson glares into the middle distance).

Seriously, though. The point I made is that if a student can't bring this stuff up in a classroom (where he was, incidentally, the only student of color) and have a meaningful discussion, be heard, and advance a conversation about fairly benign strands of racial history without being outed as 'violent and unstable,' then I don't know what the fuck we're doing. As if there isn't a long history of 'mentally unstable' black and brown folks who are relegated to the sidelines because of some 'dangerous' ideology. Campus safety said he recently converted to Islam...

I got upset and started down a bad path. I was assured it was a matter of campus safety and then told we weren't going to discuss it further by my boss. I used to invite this kind of thing into my class when I taught more. We had some UNCOMFORTABLE times where some pretty inexperienced young folks heard things they had never heard before. I'll bet they remember it.

Eh, fuck these people.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Invisible Man wrote:I got upset and started down a bad path. I was assured it was a matter of campus safety and then told we weren't going to discuss it further by my boss.

Invite a news crew to the campus? :idk:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm

The truth is, America has a clear and rock solid priority when it comes to racial issues. White people feeling safe and comfortable is #1. Anyone is free to bring up their complaints and concerns about racial issues, as long as it's not in a time, place, manner or context that makes white people feel unsafe ("feel", not BE) or uncomfortable (emotionally or morally). Which is to say...never. The only right place is in a book or a movie written by white people or a speech given by a person of color decades ago (but only certain ones that makes us feel hopeful about the future). The only right time is not now, usually some hypothetically time later when everyone has calmed down. The other right time is in the past, when we can admit we were wrong. Even though lots of people felt what they were doing was right at the time, we know we were horribly wrong in the past, but right now everything is fine and we see clearly and it's just the angry person of color that's overreacting and being unreasonable. Even though in another 30 years we will look back at THIS time and cluck our tongues about how backward and wrong we were and how it's so clear, but NOW....

So yeah...it's ok if it's the movie Crash or a very special episode of a tv show where everyone learns a valuable lesson or a speech from civil rights leader from decades ago (only the ones that make us feel hopeful about the "the future", which is NOW, everything is better now). Most often the takeaway is that all racism is the result of backwards ideas or actions by individuals who are either being knowingly bad or are just ignorant and need to be taught. It's never cultural, legal and governmental systems. It's never people finding a great reason to do something that silences the voices of people of color or alienates them. So when the system alienates and silences people of color, it's always ok, as long as the people moving the gears don't feel they were being purposefully evil and racist or willfully ignorant. Meaning they didn't say the "n word" or talk with a condescending southern drawl or claim they were genetically superior to anyone. Everything else is fine, as long as we can find a way to justify it as an issue of safety and comfort.

Not that I think about this stuff all the time and it eats away at me from the inside or anything.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion