· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: The Confessions Thread

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 am

I got some gnarly head bumps in my genetics (Polish lumps). If I shaved my head it would look like Kuato lived on my scalp.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am

Man I got 5 kids ta feed

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 am

While we are confessing.. I liked the remake of Total Recall. It was stylish, had cool action scenes.. the plot wasn't too bad far removed from the original. I like Bokeem Woodvine too..

I mean there was a startling absence of "Nyaaah!"s.. but that's what you get when you don't cast Arnie. Kate beckinsale was every bit as badass as Sharon stone in the original.

Most missed line: "See you at the party Richter!"

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:09 am

I kind of want a Scanners remake but I know they'll do everything possible to 'not do' what made the original great.
"Yo guys...let's use after effects for the head explosions. No need to use practicals." But....

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:12 am

Still waiting for a new dune..
now you've done it..didn't even know they remade QQQUAAID!

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 am

Some one really needs to conjure up the lost spirit of cinema and create a movie version of, Flow my tears the police man said.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:36 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:Still waiting for a new dune..
now you've done it..didn't even know they remade QQQUAAID!

They need to get Jim Cameron to make a Dune.. there I also said it. Or just back that dump truck of cash up to Jodorowsky's house and have him finish His Dune ... did he die?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

2018-03-07 14.51.50.jpg

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I got some gnarly head bumps in my genetics (Polish lumps). If I shaved my head it would look like Kuato lived on my scalp.

most hats/helmets simply either don't fit my head (too small) or perch on my head like a mini swimmers cap. Whatever hats i do find that kind of fit, they always give me a headache if i wear them for more than a few hours. The few hats i have been able to find in my life are like treasures...

My head is an elongated watermelon

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 am

9 beers in and I recall while watching Alice in chains live that last week as walking down Preston (for u Dallas folk) I was listening to "rooster" before I hit the road and when I came to the rail road tracks that intersect with my destination, I found a dead rooster ..next to the tracks, out of breathe and with and hurt foot, I paused and realized...no, he ain't gonna die.

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 am

Did you have your pills 'gainst mosquito death?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Welp, I've reached the point where I enjoy the Star Wars prequels more than the sequels. VII and VIII are just kinda meh, while I-III are big, dumb and lovable. I can laugh at them. I kinda want to watch the Clone Wars TV show now.

I also really like Rogue One, despite its obvious character flaws.

I like bad movies :idk:

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:06 pm

reckon luck wrote:I kinda want to watch the Clone Wars TV show now.

Clone Wars was so good they canceled it because too many adults were watching.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 am

I’m beginning to think enormous modular setups are boring.

Edit: I’m beginning to think entirely modular setups are boring. A small setup to augment other things makes sense, but building a big system just to make a-tonal blips or derivative techno that could be made 10000x easier with a groovebox is really boring.

Even atmospheric glitch stuff is boring to me now. Like, it was the fucking shit back in 2008, but I’m not really feeling it ten years later.

I say this stuff knowing the stuff I make’s super derivative and boring too. A-tonal bleep bloops and atmospheric stuff using a modular system is like bluez-guitar for the modern age: everybody thinks it’s the shit and wants to do it.

:duck:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:16 pm

I went to the book store but instead of a book I bought a super ignorant slam metal record.
Post a reply