Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am

Re: The Confessions Thread

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Same

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I like to, let's say.. be checking out at a tom thumb, and when asked if I have a Tom thumbs rewards card hand them a kroger member card so they can tell me where I am.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

I fucking love mayonnaise. Oh my god. It's so good on toast with a fried egg. :snax:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 pm

It also produces an excellent crust if used instead of butter for grilled cheese.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 pm

the raytownian wrote:I fucking love mayonnaise. Oh my god. It's so good on toast with a fried egg. :snax:

Mayo is the bomb man. Have you tried Dukes brand ? They make it with a dash of cider vinegar, so it's got some tang to it, but it's not over the top. I like it with horseradish and roast beef, cheddar sliced tomato.. hells yes

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Hellman's or die!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Achtane wrote:Hellman's or die!

I live west of the Rocky's.. so it's best foods.. but yeah that's my brand. I get Dukes every now and then

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:48 am

There's every chance in the world I was drunk when I made my earlier post, but I'm happy to be among fellow mayo lovers. For breakfast, I had another plate of toast with mayo and egg on top, with a side of Spanish olives and some rolled anchovies on top of the eggs. Last night, I tried making grilled cheese with mayo. I definitely overdid it with the mayo, though, and the bread ended up greasy and a bit soggy, though it did develop a nice crust. It was really good dunked into the giant dollop of mayo I plopped on the side of my plate. :facepalm:

I have not tried Duke's, but I will try to keep it in mind the next time I go mayo-shopping. I am also very curious to try Kewpie mayonnaise, though I don't know if any of the Asian grocers here sell it.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 pm

the raytownian wrote: I am also very curious to try Kewpie mayonnaise, though I don't know if any of the Asian grocers here sell it.

there are many varieties of Kewpie. All of them are delicious :picard:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:01 pm

I had a lot on my mind at the end of last week, particularly regarding playing music in general and gear specifically, but no one to really talk about it with in the meatbag realm. I tried to talk to my wife about it on the phone while driving home from work, but she sounded like she was being swarmed by our kids and I could tell she really did not give a fuck/was not listening (I was trying to keep it normie friendly and non-rambly, for my part). So I drove around for an extra 15 minutes in my car after work on Friday, having a conversation with a hypothetical person who didn't really know anything about gear, but was interested in hearing about where my musical life is headed and how I'm approaching gear intersects with more internal personal stuff lately. Basically talking to myself, but vaguely pretending I was having a phone conversation with someone who gave a shit and had time to listen. That way I didn't feel like I had no one to talk to and I could get my thoughts out of my brain and move on with the weekend.

I AM A VERY SAD MAN.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Corey Y wrote:I had a lot on my mind at the end of last week, particularly regarding playing music in general and gear specifically, but no one to really talk about it with in the meatbag realm. I tried to talk to my wife about it on the phone while driving home from work, but she sounded like she was being swarmed by our kids and I could tell she really did not give a fuck/was not listening (I was trying to keep it normie friendly and non-rambly, for my part). So I drove around for an extra 15 minutes in my car after work on Friday, having a conversation with a hypothetical person who didn't really know anything about gear, but was interested in hearing about where my musical life is headed and how I'm approaching gear intersects with more internal personal stuff lately. Basically talking to myself, but vaguely pretending I was having a phone conversation with someone who gave a shit and had time to listen. That way I didn't feel like I had no one to talk to and I could get my thoughts out of my brain and move on with the weekend.

I AM A VERY SAD MAN.

As long as it wasn't a conversation with "someone" about which persons skin to wear or whose skull to use as a dinner plate etc. I've come to the point in my life where none of my friends are into gear or building shit at all, only one is a musician for that matter. Sometimes I'm so pumped on something I try to talk about it too much to my girlfriend, and bless her heart she tries to listen but ultimately does not give a fuck about which transistors i liked the best or why.

As you've probably known long before I came to this forum, most of these dudes all like rapping about gear and personal intersects. Let it all out friend. :hug:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:As long as it wasn't a conversation with "someone" about which persons skin to wear

I've never really been a fashion person.

I posted a bunch about what I was thinking about in the whatever for gear thread. The headline is I'm working towards removing ego from my gear choices and surprised by how much more of that I have going on than I thought.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm

RIP Underpants.
Post a reply