The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

Last edited by comesect2.0 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 am

Fair enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-jxM-VVxk

Real talk...since my last post read kind of catty...I'm back on the floor. I slept roughly 5/6 of 2017 on the floor. Did the last 1/6 back on a mattress. I just like the floor sometimes. :idk:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 am

$harkToootth wrote:
Real talk...since my last post read kind of catty...I'm back on the floor. I slept roughly 5/6 of 2017 on the floor. Did the last 1/6 back on a mattress. I just like the floor sometimes. :idk:

1.) i have slept the past 8+ years on the floor.

2.) for your original question, there is no easy way to say what you want to say to anyone if you honestly care about their feelings and them saving face. There just isn't, regardless of how easy it would be to just do it with the right intentions.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 am

ibarakishi wrote:1.) i have slept the past 8+ years on the floor.

2.) for your original question, there is no easy way to say what you want to say to anyone if you honestly care about their feelings and them saving face. There just isn't, regardless of how easy it would be to just do it with the right intentions.

We have a lot in common (I think) my friend.

I've slept on a mattress on the floor for like a decade now. With the exception of my "office" life (I sit on a blow up ball for that)...I sit on the floor (and have been doing so for years now). My best thinks it's weird when I go to her house and I sit in front of her 'comfy' couch. From sleeping on floors at friend's places and hotel rooms I finally was like "Do I really need a mattress? I don't think I do. The only thing I haven't figured out is reading on the floor. I think I need some sort of bigger pillow against a wall cause I like to lounge when I read. That, or I do it at a desk.

I kind of posed that other 'confession' in jest. I talk a big game :lol: but I would honestly never do that to anybody no matter how much I disliked them. I just kind of ignore them and hope they get the hint.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:05 pm

general thoughts about floor living...

1.)sleeping on the floor with minimal comforter/pad is my idea of luxury. slept up until a few years ago on only a woven mat with a blanket under me.

2.)sitting on couches is not what the ideal function of a couch is at other peoples homes. sitting on the floor and leaning against them for back support is prime luxury when visiting other residences. But some people view this as you showing superiority to their lifestyle choices, which like you said is startling at first and ver far from any thoughts you had on the subject at all.

3.)i like eating while sitting on the floor at our low table i made myself out of an old wooden window shutter panel or sitting outside

4,)reading is best done with pillow on the wall like you had thought for comfort. don't think about this one too hard. a pillow or two or a desk/table (like the one i made), two easiest and efficient choices.

5.)carpet is strange to me
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Can you post a picture of you low table please? I forgot to mention I really haven't figured out the writing aspect. I still writing/journal at conventional desk and/or kitchen table (actually not true. I sit on a stool and do it on a counter top). If not no worries.

I don't love carpeting but I like a rug. Not so much for comfort but not to jack up hardwood floors. I put a lot of stuff on the ground.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:43 pm

my wife is sleeping (she is in the floor philosophy camp with us as well) and we sleep in i guess what you would call half of our room that serves as our bedroom/dining room/living room. Thus no picture taking is possible at the moment. but the table basically looks like this, minus the metals things underneath :

https://ii.worldmarket.com/fcgi-bin/iip ... 0&cvt=jpeg

for scale and perspective, image this table coming up to only about your waist when sitting on the floor. your legs fit under it when cross legged with a bit of extra room. If you are living a floor life, this will become the most used piece of furniture you will have. If you are poor, or simply want to just save money, if you can come across or find a cheap old solid wood door or similar flat wood structure that is thick and solid, you can just simply sand it and put cinder blocks underneath stacked to the hight that you want it. another is just to find an old strong table that fits the size you want and saw the legs down on it to fit your needs. in the studio outside, we have an old 6 foot by 3 foot or so solid wood plank door that we did this to and we use it all the time. it is heavy enough that it doesn't move around. In the past i have sawed down old medium sized tables too from dumpsters and things. Just use what you have around you.

we have normal tables outside to work on in the studio too. i also have a normal sized table in my small studio inside our small home that i use for music and visual art stuff. but that is about it for my uses of regular sized tables. basically just for work. and even then we work on the floor probably just as much as the tables.

rugs are good. hardwood floors are great. tile floors are nice and cool in my climate, and easiest to clean. but like you said, rugs are needed if you have a lot of things on the ground. that our shelves. we stack stuff on the ground and books are for shelves
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Spiders sleep on the floor .. and eat off it.. I floor mattressed it for a long time, never disliked it, but yeah I got more spider bites. We have Hobo spiders too, so I got a bed frame finally.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Never had an issue with spiders but I'm convinced arachnids and insects like me. Kind of like when your cocky friend thinks everyone likes them or that "they can talk to anyone". Apply those sentiments to me and insect/arachnids. The Cave Cricket is my spirit animal.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I slept on a bundle of blankets on the ground for a few months. I think that’s one of the most comfortable “beds” I’ve ever had

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 pm

ha, been sleeping on a floor for 3 and a half years now.
2018-01-04 13.53.43.jpg

this is were the brain sect of come sleeps
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:55 pm

LOL A comfy comesect!!!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

But seriously...that looks comfy as fuck!!!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 pm

hell yeah. gotta have them layers baby.
and :thumb: on low tables
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

I've been sleeping in a burrow, ever since the incident.

Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion