The Confessions Thread



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

And despite that you're both pretty rad. The world is a strange place.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby daedelus23 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

spacelordmother wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:I like The National.

I fucking love the National.


I used to see them all the time at a bar near where they were recording (Seaside Studios). They're FREAKISHLY tall. Nice guys. That's about the extent of my thoughts on them.

Neko Case was in one night too. She only drinks Jagermeister and cola.
llull1.bandcamp.com
daedelus23

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:55 am
Location: Flatbush

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby bubstance » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:38 pm

I finally got the chance to hear from my exes where I went wrong. I know it's usually considered a bad idea to do that, but I had to.

They had many reasons, but ultimately all of them could be traced to one thing: my addictions. I was ignoring their emotional pain to focus on my addictions and making myself feel better by indulging them. I let an amazing woman slip away because I "couldn't function" without my addictions.

I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and in the same time drink somewhere between 8 and 12 energy drinks.

I have a problem and I'm letting it control me.

I'm sick of failing people, I'm sick of myself, I'm sick of it all.

I have to stop or I will die. These things will kill me, like for really real, I will actually die and probably in the not too distant future if I do not stop.

I'm so scared. I'm actually terrified of my inability to stop and think about what I'm doing not just to myself, but to those around me.

I have to change.

...but am I strong enough?

Holy shit I just actually teared up as I wrote that last line.
bubstance

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:49 pm

slow down on them energy drinks, its a reason to smoke, drinking harsh drinks so your throat will be saturated and not inflamed makes it part of the problem.
NSFW: show
Image
COMESECT SMELT XYANA
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3946
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 pm

bubstance wrote:I finally got the chance to hear from my exes where I went wrong. I know it's usually considered a bad idea to do that, but I had to.

They had many reasons, but ultimately all of them could be traced to one thing: my addictions. I was ignoring their emotional pain to focus on my addictions and making myself feel better by indulging them. I let an amazing woman slip away because I "couldn't function" without my addictions.

I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and in the same time drink somewhere between 8 and 12 energy drinks.

I have a problem and I'm letting it control me.

I'm sick of failing people, I'm sick of myself, I'm sick of it all.

I have to stop or I will die. These things will kill me, like for really real, I will actually die and probably in the not too distant future if I do not stop.

I'm so scared. I'm actually terrified of my inability to stop and think about what I'm doing not just to myself, but to those around me.

I have to change.

...but am I strong enough?

Holy shit I just actually teared up as I wrote that last line.

Hi bubstance, that's pretty heavy. But you've come to terms with the fact that you have a problem and need help, so the next step is to get it. Start searching for mental health professionals in your area that accept your insurance, and then start calling them. You can do it, it's not as hard as you think. Just start making phone calls, and things will start falling into place for getting help. Let me know if I can help somehow. :hello: :hug:
Lurker13

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:07 pm

As lame as vaping is, it made quitting smoking a million times easier for me. I never take the thing out in public but having it at home with that sweet sweet hit o' nicotine makes it a million times easier to not slip up during the day.
jirodreamsofdank

committed
committed
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:23 am

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:02 pm

I always thought of Stereolab as a shitty synth pop band.

Been listening to "transient random-noise bursts" a lot and I hate myself.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:36 pm

when i first heard Stereolab i was amazed at how Neu!-influenced they were.
"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10017
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:16 pm

if i can do it, you can do it too bub
closing in on 2 months no smoke.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: rochester, ny

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby 01010111 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 am

Congrats!! That’s great!
01010111

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4183
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Frogtown

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:10 am

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:if i can do it, you can do it too bub
closing in on 2 months no smoke.

Yeah, man!
spacelordmother

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby tremolo3 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am

dubkitty wrote:when i first heard Stereolab i was amazed at how Neu!-influenced they were.


yes yes! I'm still stuck with that "Neu" album... what would be the next?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby dubkitty » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 pm

well, with Neu! there's not too long of a list. the second album is an interesting artifact; they ran out of studio time after finishing half a LP and filled out the album by reprocessing those tracks in various ways (thus inventing the remix album in 1973). think of it as an EP and you're good. Neu! 75 is quite different to the first two records, split quite obviously into Rother's ambient-esques and grinding proto-punk from Dinger. it's a bit of a acquired taste. there's an album of 1986 sessions for a mooted reunion release that i have not heard. after Neu! Rother worked with Möbius and Roedelius of Cluster as Harmonia, releasing a couple of LPs; Dinger formed La Dusseldorf with his brother. the La Dusseldorf stuff is similar to Dinger's stuff on Neu! 75, while Harmonia are a more bucolic take on Cluster's music-boxish proto-electronica. Harmonia also did sessions with Eno which have been released as a joint project, but the regular Harmonia releases are better, especially Deluxe. at any cost avoid the Neu! Live 1972 release, which is a very poor recording of a rehearsal or soundcheck containing no real performances.
"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10017
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 am

I was talking about Stereolab, but thanks, only Neu I've been really into is Neu 2, will check the rest for sure now that I kraut.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby foomanfat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 am

I don’t get what the big deal is with Nick Cave.
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achtane and 5 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.