The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Reminds me of the novel CHILD OF GOD :lol:

How did people get into sleeping on the floor and such? For me, mattress on the floor was a college thing...then I found I liked it. Fast forward through years of enjoying sitting on the floor and then I saw Katy Bowman on Joe Rogan's Podcast. That was a game changer for me :lol: It sort of confirmed things I already thought and motivated me to make a few changes. She has a really cool blog that is now retired.

Also, there is a great quote in the novel 'The Painter Of Signs' about sitting on the floor.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:03 pm

i've had the mattress on the floor most of the time since i left my parent's house...buying a bed frame never seemed like it made any sense. i don't really sit on the floor any more, though...i need back support, and then there's the cat-hair issue.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby waltdogg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm

i like those cool ikea almost floor level mattress frames. never liked the idea of sleeping so elevated. i preferred sleeping on couches or on the floor (in some comfortable manner) over a high bed.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 pm

simple, gave mine to my child. lol ....somthing weird happend though 10 or so years ago, and I stopped sleeping on beds and would just use couches..would use the bed as a storage space for keyboards and lizard habitats ..now that I have no couch, girls got me bed & my rooms like some cyber sufi hub.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 pm

whats the quote from the book.....? wish I could crouch Image lost art of the crouching americans
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Nothing crazy but it resonated with me. I have it in a journal somewhere. Something to the effect of sitting on the floor preserves flexibility and strong joints? For context the character expressing her sentiment is an old traditional Indian lady in a fictional city in India. It's a great book and a quick read. My colleague and I had a difference of opinion on the motivations of the female main character and love interest of the protagonist.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Also...this thread...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 pm

comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Perfection!!! (It's NOT really 'NSFW'. Just a size thing).
NSFW: show
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I always liked sleeping on the floor on a small folded over blanket, but as I've aged my back has begun to hurt more and floor sleeping doesn't help. Now I sleep on either a stupid overpriced Leesa mattress in our bedroom, or on my own on a cheap $100 mattress firm jawn in the spare bedroom that's not too bad but won't last long. Nothing is comfy like it used to be.

Kinda like life I guess.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 pm

"And what's the work? ...to ease the pains of living...everything else, drunken dumbshow."
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Confession: being a productive member of society is chill or whatever but sometimes I just miss sleeping in my van and stealth shitting in residential neighborhoods.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Sounds like you were doing some squatting of your own.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 pm

I want to do a FOO FIGHTERS cover called 'Learn To Squat'
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm pretty sure I've developed a kink for chicks with bad teeth...I walked into petsmart and there she was, im just lookin for love in too many faces....lookin for love. ...already forgot her name...and in the mornin I won't be able to see her face in my mind.

She was like a malnurished adolescent klingon...I mean these things were sharp and turquoise...hairy arms and black eyes.....sounds nuts...but, it's all true.
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion