The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby bubstance » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Y'all have had that distinct "voice of God/universe/energy/whatever" speaking to you out of the nothingness, right?

I dream about my exes all of the time. I dated this one girl for 5 years coming up on a decade ago and I still dream about her 4/7 nights a week for all of the years since it ended. They're not positive, either; mostly I dream about how she cheated on me and wake up not just sad but actually /angry/ at myself.

Anyways, on my own for the last month and still having the dreams, but now I also dream about the recent girlfriend. Wake up every day exhausted and angry. It drives me crazy just wishing I could bleach my own brain and Eternal Sunshine myself.

Cut to a week or so ago: my mother introduces me to one of her co-workers. She's amazing, I love talking to her. I have never talked to a woman as freely as I do with her. Neither of us is really in the "dating" mindset or even "getting physical with someone" mindset, but it's still refreshing.

So I'm sitting there talking to her at 2AM, and the voice comes in clear as day:

"You will fail here too."

I know, I know, "wah wah wah cry a little more you baby bitch"...

But that shit still hurts.
powered by 9front
bubstance

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Tell your brain to shut up. My brain does the same stuff man for sure. It really takes practice to shut those parts off.. I just keep trying. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

If she's talking to you at 2 am.. she's probably willing to see where it goes ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:06 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:If she's talking to you at 2 am.. she's probably willing to see where it goes ..

YUPPP
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:34 pm

If she's talking to you at 2am, she's probably waiting for you to make a move.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bubstance » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Paul_C wrote:If she's talking to you at 2am, she's probably waiting for you to make a move.
spacelordmother wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:If she's talking to you at 2 am.. she's probably willing to see where it goes ..

YUPPP

Yeah, this seems to be the consensus among the few people I've talked to about the whole thing, and that worries me. I have these long conversations with her, even being told things about how "if I'm not into a guy I'll let him know" and STILL the dark part of my brain is just screaming at me.

"SHE DOESN'T MEAN THAT."
"SHE'S JUST BEING NICE."
"SHE WOULD SAY THIS STUFF TO ANYONE."
"EVEN IF IT ALL MEANT SOMETHING, YOU DON'T DESERVE A WOMAN LIKE THIS."
"YOU WILL RUIN THIS."

Not trying to be a bummer or "woe is me", I just /never/ write these things down in any capacity.
powered by 9front
bubstance

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 pm

See the first sentence of my original response.

Tell your brain to shut up.

You gotta hang it out there if you want to get ahead in life or just break even it seems like. Just tell her you're into her and want to see if she would be interested in letting you take her to dinner. Or something similar. You don't have to be perfect. She isn't.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:54 pm

bubstance wrote:
Paul_C wrote:If she's talking to you at 2am, she's probably waiting for you to make a move.
spacelordmother wrote:

YUPPP

Yeah, this seems to be the consensus among the few people I've talked to about the whole thing, and that worries me. I have these long conversations with her, even being told things about how "if I'm not into a guy I'll let him know" and STILL the dark part of my brain is just screaming at me.

"SHE DOESN'T MEAN THAT."
"SHE'S JUST BEING NICE."
"SHE WOULD SAY THIS STUFF TO ANYONE."
"EVEN IF IT ALL MEANT SOMETHING, YOU DON'T DESERVE A WOMAN LIKE THIS."
"YOU WILL RUIN THIS."

Not trying to be a bummer or "woe is me", I just /never/ write these things down in any capacity.

Maybe if you idly bring up some of the above in conversation she'll make the first move.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bubstance » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm

I know it may seem insincere due to being on a page on an internet forum, but thank you both for your words. If even people I don't know are telling me some of these things, maybe there's something to it.

I'm helping her move out of her current situation in a few days; like me not too long ago she's living with her ex and trying to physically separate after mentally leaving him 6 months ago.

I made some chocolate liqueur to give to her as a sort of housewarming gift because I don't know how to be nice in a normal way.

"I LIKE YOU, DRINK THIS BUT PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M TRYING TO GET YOU DRUNK SO YOU'LL FUCK ME OH SWEET JESUS I SWEAR THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M DOING."

Maybe should add that in the ~week I've known her we've had around 36 hours of conversation. Basically every time we talk it winds up being 3AM and 6 or 7 hours has passed. I have not slept much, but part of me doesn't really care.