· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: The what ever thread...

Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Dude for real. Bought cat food, hangover gone. How about that!!
:joy:

:lol: Fucking awesome. :thumb:

Thu May 31, 2018 10:17 am

TIL that my mother-in-law met Richard Kiel a few times while their kids were in elementary school together. She was on the PTA with his wife.

Huh.

Thu May 31, 2018 4:42 pm

I have an idea for a youtube video series that I’m excited about starting. Here’s to hoping I don’t fizzle out like 90% of my other music projects *crosses fingers*

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:53 pm

A group of scientists at the University of Rochester applied physics and mathematical models of population dynamics to try to understand how alien civilizations might react when faced with the problems we are facing: climate change due to the use of fossil fuels, and what the consequences of various actions might be. One of the authors discusses the model and its results in this piece for The Atlantic. It also contains a link to the actual paper, which was published last month in the research journal Astrobiology.

The most common result was a mass die-off by up to 70% of the population.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/05/how-do-aliens-solve-climate-change/561479/

Edit: fixed the link.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 am

Up late, just sitting here babysitting the cnc machine. Shit takes fooooooooooorever when using tiny cutters, but it’s the only way to get tight corners. 3.5 hours and counting...

:whateva:

Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 am

Got a cold late Thursday evening it's now Sunday Afternoon and I feel pretty darn good minus a super croaky voice. Olive Leaf Extract works goddamn wonders.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:44 pm

A Quiet Place was weak. I'm not sure why it has such high ratings.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 pm

i dunno why but its super satisfying to watch the tracking on an international express package just rip through the world at like lightning speed.

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:14 am

The recent Star Wars Kelly Marie Tran bullshit is why I stopped caring about ancillary popculture nonsense 6 years back.

I'm still totally a hardcore nerd though, check out my sick POP Vinyl collection

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm

I just heard about that. WTF is wrong with people. Fuck a fandom anyway, that shit's dumb.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Why do you have to call the person you rent from your "landlord"... "lord of the land".. why not the opposite of sublet - "domlet"

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 am

Hereditary was awesome.
Unlike A Quiet Place.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:59 am

Also I ran over a possum tonight.
I tried to swerve...

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:09 am

Achtane wrote:Also I ran over a possum tonight.
I tried to swerve...

Shame on you; possums are the only wester hemisphere marsupial that are amazing animals - can't get rabies (body tempurature too low) and are immune to snake venom ... we should adore these animals but somehow turned them into "bad guys" ...

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 am

Achtane wrote:Also I ran over a possum tonight.
I tried to swerve...

btw, ran over a skunk years ago and damn, the split second of running over him/her resulted in a really foul smell on my car ...
Post a reply