The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:20 pm

This page is amazing.

Ramones are just a JV version of The Heartbreakers, though. LAMF over all.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

I love that album too, but a different beast (in my bottom feeder mind). I always thought THE RAMONES had an unmistakable sense of 'urgency' meshed with 'dismissive attitude' that combo isn't always prevalent in other acts.

Do you like THE NEW YORK DOLLS first album? Sort of another mainstay in my NYC punk, proto-punk lexicon.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Then for those interested, I prefer the USA Midwest varieties of 'heavy rock/garage rock' that may or may not pre-dated SABBATH. Check out the excellent MICHIGAN MELTDOWN series.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bloatedsack » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Eh, I never got the appeal of the Ramones.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Love the New York Dolls. And Television. And Richard Hell. All that stuff.

$harkToootth wrote:Then for those interested, I prefer the USA Midwest varieties of 'heavy rock/garage rock' that may or may not pre-dated SABBATH. Check out the excellent MICHIGAN MELTDOWN series.

I'm not familiar with this series but you mean MC5/Stooges/Death/Blue Cheer/Sir Lord Baltimore type stuff?

I live and breathe Sabbath but I'm pretty sick of their influence at this point. That's just saturation, though. The same way you can't blame Agent Orange for Pop Punk or whatever.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:24 pm

These ladies are like Shonen Knife, but not Japanese:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:48 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Love the New York Dolls. And Television. And Richard Hell. All that stuff.

Oh yeah! Now we're cooking!

D.o.S. wrote:I'm not familiar with this series but you mean MC5/Stooges/Death/Blue Cheer/Sir Lord Baltimore type stuff?

Yes, but think a little heavier and more fuzz. It's the garage bands of guys from that area that listened to that stuff and went to those shows before those acts were signed to larger labels. They also sing about being broke, out of work (per the plight of the American working class), and being abducted by Aliens (a problem that transcends class).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:13 am

So I'm in a real life pickle that I'm unsure what to do about. I was just offered my dream job, but there are catches.
1) It's in Washington, so it would be a big move. It's where my family is, but if anything that is a negative because my wife is very close with her family who all live here in California.
2) I'm in school, so I would have to at least put that on hold a year while I get residency in the new state.

But there are some big pluses.
1) It's something I've been wanting to do for years.
2) We currently live with my In-laws, and new job would pay enough for my family to actually have our own place.

I feel like there is more, but i'm not sure. IDK. Big life decisions are stressful and I'd rather not make this decision in my classic way of just making a pro/con list and just sort of going for it.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:22 am

hear that, got a move on the mind as well...Tahoe. keep hearing better quality of life and stuff from the ones wanting me to move but kids/money/jobs/car/family/ect. and all I hear is you just dont get it, its super easy....which it wont be. sssssstress. I keep hearing "your all theory and no action, just do it"
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:35 am

Yeah the stress is real and I worry that more stress just leads me to worse decisions. I'm also thinking about how our last big life step, me leaving a decent paying job to return to school, was sort of a "for me" thing that made my wife's life trickier as the budget is tighter and stuff like that. I worry that it might seem like I am making selfish decision after selfish decision. Obviously these aren't purely selfish, but it is somewhat for my benefit and my wife will miss her family deeply if we move.

On the other hand, I still have two years left of school and I don't know if we can live with my in-laws that long, so this might not be a plausible solution we're in currently anyway.
And I really do want to take the job...
And my wife has great friends up there already that would ease the family pain...
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:00 am

some times we just think too much,though definitely for good reasons,emotions screw us up... or at least myself.......
sounds like your gonna make it... while not everything may happen right away, a slow transition of talking it threw helps, i just got off the phone tryin to figure this out...best of luck man.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 pm

PeteeBee, from what you say, it sounds like you're in the perfect position for this move. I suggest you hash it out with your wife, though. It must be both of your decision.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:12 am

That's whats up.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:24 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Chainsaw by The Ramones is better than any Black Sabbath song.

Systematic Death by CRASS is better than any The Ramones song.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:04 pm

[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=ChAIugeoUjw[/youtube]
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion