The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 pm

well, that was fun...i almost got kicked off the Gretsch Pages for a) telling people not to insult "hippies" cos i more-or-less am one and b) telling them exactly what i think of Billy Zoom (who is a GP celeb since he has a signature model Sparkle Jet and posts there frequently). i suspect nobody's gonna try to lay down "i blame hippies for everything" on my watch in the future. it's particularly funny/galling that most of this crap comes from unreconstructed rockabilly gits of the sort that think The Beatles "ruined music." sorry we've moved on from 1956.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:08 pm

What exactly do you think of Billy Zoom? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:14 pm

second-rank rockabilly guitarist with a really shitty attitude, totally full of himself with an ego in no way justified by his work with one of the worst LA punk bands (actually, "punk" should be in quotes here) when LA punk was already unquestionably the shittiest subspecies of punk to ever exist. hasn't learned a thing since 1959. or whenever the fuck it was that he played for Gene Vincent in his last days, when Cliff Gallup wasn't having it any more.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm

:lol: What about his amps? :hello:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 pm

is he making amps? i know he was selling a over-priced spring reverb a little while ago.

well, i *do* like his guitar...

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 pm

My coworker was talking at me unsolicited about music shit, and said "By the way, Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of 'Voodoo Child' blows Hendrix's away. Jimi Hendrix wasn't that good of a guitar player, Stevie and Eric Clapton were the shit. I don't know why everybody only talks about Jimi Hendrix. I think it's a minority thing."

Wut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 pm

kill him now.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:36 pm

FWIW Clapton and Townshend were so boggled and terrified the first time they saw Hendrix that they wound up standing in the back and holding each other's hands for reassurance. truth: PT has talked about this in interviews for years.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 am

Yeah Clapton was scared shitless of Hendrix because Hendrix was everything Clapton was wanted to be but way fucking better.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:33 am

Would have loved to hear what Hendrix could have written in the early-mid 70s period when guys like Clapton, Harrison and the Who kind of reached a new echelon of songwriting and record making.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:38 am

i would kill puppies to hear what he could have done with modern effects. my god, can you imagine?

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 am

well, this is even more fun than trashing B.Zoom...i'm currently decimating a so-called "Deadhead" who is all about stocks, money, and profit motive.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Amazing that Zoom lucked into the one band where he wouldn't be the biggest crank in it (thanks to Exene "Crisis Actors" Cervenka).
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Do you think John Doe was really tryin' to strangle her?

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:47 pm

dubkitty wrote:well, this is even more fun than trashing B.Zoom...i'm currently decimating a so-called "Deadhead" who is all about stocks, money, and profit motive.

I worked with a guy named Vince. He followed the dead for years as a "homeless" deadhead. He sold socks to get to the next show (a sock-broker to tie it in). If he saved up enough, he would check into a motel and sell showers to other deadheads. He had a kid with another deadhead and they had a kid. The kid and partner got into meth when the kid was in high school (San Diego area). They were pressuring him for child support so, he claimed, they could keep up the meth.

We were moving shops and it was just Vince and I left load pallets for the forklift. Vince takes off his shirt and says, "Hey Shaggy, what do you think of this?"

He turned around and had a full back tattoo of a swastika. "Us white boys got to stick together, eh? Seen Oildale lately? It's Mexican now"

I told him to shut his mouth and get out of my face in a much more crass manner. Sent his ass home and told my boss to fire him. As he got on his stupid Honda motorcycle I said something like, "You ever mention any of that racist bullshit around me or this shop, you won't be talking for much longer. This shop doesn't tolerate Nazis or Peckerwood assholes."

Like 2/3 of our work force were Latino as was/is my partner. Fuck that guy. I think he came back a for a weeks but and kept trying to appologize but he eventually just kind of faded away and no one really noticed. He never came back. I was/ pissed that guy thought because of the color of my skin I must abide by some prison politics crap.

:idk:

Chankgeez wrote:Do you think John Doe was really tryin' to strangle her?

John Doe and Exene were really nice when I met them around 2000. Exene took time and talked to me for a bit (I don't remember what about) and signed a book for my girlfriend at the time. John Doe just mulled around the crowd and cheered on Exene.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion