The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 am

comesect2.0 wrote:You know for sure life's a simulation when a Billy Joel song comes on the radio when you first flip it on and the lyrics have everything to do with your life right then and there.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately (about life being some kind of personalised, solipsisti, virtual fishtank. Not Billy Joel.) and I would agree with you wholeheartedly if it weren't for the fact that we are both thinking the same thing.
Unless your comments exist to convince me of this reality.
Or my existence is merely to convince you of yours.
Which is...
well, it is very depressing to say the least.

I applied for the Grad Cert in Astronomy and a casual position at the Planetarium today.
I'm not even six months into my new job but, whatever.
Maybe I will become Space Pope. :idk:
Here's to not knowing what the fuck "the sensible" thing to do with your life is.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:41 am

Space is always sensible.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Is it bad that I'm considering postponing my education another year on top of the two I have planned currently, just so that I can buy more gear? I'm gonna study sound design and one of the reasons I'm already postponing it, is to be as good as I can get first, so that I won't waste any opportunities etc.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:You know for sure life's a simulation when a Billy Joel song comes on the radio when you first flip it on and the lyrics have everything to do with your life right then and there.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately (about life being some kind of personalised, solipsisti, virtual fishtank. Not Billy Joel.) and I would agree with you wholeheartedly if it weren't for the fact that we are both thinking the same thing.
Which is...

I applied for the Grad Cert in Astronomy and a casual position at the Planetarium today.
Here's to not knowing what the fuck "the sensible" thing to do with your life is.

Grad certificate in astronomy...that's amazingly cool. Nothing in life is sensible, unless you are into safe and mindnumbingly dull and boring.

And I just happen to be listening to this right now.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 pm

actualidiot wrote:Is it bad that I'm considering postponing my education another year on top of the two I have planned currently, just so that I can buy more gear? I'm gonna study sound design and one of the reasons I'm already postponing it, is to be as good as I can get first, so that I won't waste any opportunities etc.

That's a two-way street, though. A good education might help you get where you want to go faster than the self-study. It really depends on the quality of the education.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby actual » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Sure, but in the grand scheme of things, another year doesn't really matter that much I think :idk: It could however mean that I'd be able to get a pretty decent studio up and running, meaning I'd be able to do stuff like take on mixing work for others on the side (and also give me a boner everytime I get home), while I study.
I dunno man, guess I'll wait and see.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:15 pm

I found a CD in the junkyard labeled "Shitty Folk Punx -- 4 Jennie <3 Victoria" and I've tried my best to polish out the heavy damage to it, but I think it's dead :cry:
I wanted to listen to the mixtape...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:37 am

Achtane wrote:I found a CD in the junkyard labeled "Shitty Folk Punx -- 4 Jennie <3 Victoria" and I've tried my best to polish out the heavy damage to it, but I think it's dead :cry:
I wanted to listen to the mixtape...

Is it still considered a mixtape if it's a CD?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:30 am

Yes.

In other news, I just turned on my heat. :flame:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:32 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:Space is always sensible.

Yes.
That's what I thought.

Lurker13 wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:

Which is...

Grad certificate in astronomy...that's amazingly cool. Nothing in life is sensible, unless you are into safe and mindnumbingly dull and boring.

And I just happen to be listening to this right now.

Again, an approach I agree wholeheartedly with.
I've been "safe" for far too long. It leads to stagnation and fear of everything.
actualidiot wrote:Is it bad that I'm considering postponing my education another year on top of the two I have planned currently, just so that I can buy more gear? I'm gonna study sound design and one of the reasons I'm already postponing it, is to be as good as I can get first, so that I won't waste any opportunities etc.

Its tough with that sort of stuff because you rely on gear to make the final product, but after watching my brother go through his fine arts honours this year and gun for a PhD, I'd say just dive in and become MacGyver with the shit you've got. Only spend money on shit that's really gonna move your thinking outside the box.
Also: http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13241&p=1262911#p1262911
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Fuck, I really wanna make demos. Even made a list yesterday of types of demos I'd do. One is called Chicken & Pickles.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Why isn’t there rapper themed wrapping paper?

I found one person making some on esty, but I’m not paying $8 per present to wrap stuff

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm super tired and this is all I've done today. I wish Louis Theroux was my dad.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm

I wish there was an Autechre with feelings.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion