The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 pm

:lol:
Part of me wants to dip some donuts in the grease. I'm afraid I do have some limits though.

I want to go to sleep but I keep reading the more "excitable threads".
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Ps. fuck grapes with seeds in em
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 pm

$harkToootth wrote::lol:
Part of me wants to dip some donuts in the grease. I'm afraid I do have some limits though.

I want to go to sleep but I keep reading the more "excitable threads".

Hmmm chocolate donuts with a slice of bacon might be pretty good.

Stop jerking off to ILF btw
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 pm

I just got flashed by comesect in a pm. Maybe I will get lucky after all. :drool:
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm in an ILF feedback loop...(insert scene from VERTIGO of Jimmy Stewart falling into spiral dot jay peg??)
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Right, that movie. Cause I know that one.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby actual » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Pro-tip: if you've having trouble with your sex-drive while in a relationship, just become single and your libido will return to normal. You won't be able to use it, but it'll be there.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Not from VERTIGO but what I meant...
actualidiot wrote:Pro-tip: if you've having trouble with your sex-drive while in a relationship, just become single and your libido will return to normal. You won't be able to use it, but it'll be there.

I thought you were working things out? You broke up?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:10 am

That's how I feel about gear in general lol..

Oh, no, we broke up like two months ago. I'm not really fit for being in a relationship for the time being.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Anybody wants guitar.com?

As a final follow up on Guitar.com, we are discussing all potential offers, and financing options with the seller owner on Guitar.com.

Candidly, we have a standing mid-six figure cash offer for the website and additional collateral.

Seller would potentially consider an outright sale around 750/800k for the domain only, but would consider creative financing, or a potential JV for the right long term upside.

If you wish to further discuss, please let me know.

Wishing you much success in the future.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:58 pm

actualidiot wrote:That's how I feel about gear in general lol..

Oh, no, we broke up like two months ago. I'm not really fit for being in a relationship for the time being.

You're the only person "I know" (relatively) who has said that besides me.

It is funny how when people break up, one party thinks there is someone else. For people like us, we're just like, "Nah...I'm good...Just going to mind my own business for a few months (in my case years :lol:)". One of my Ex's was so convinced I was "going out to fuck other girls" which is hilarious cause...I don't think I was even jerking off at the time :lol:.

Also, you posted a thing about watching synth vids instead of hanging out / banging. That literally me when I was in my early 20's and getting into synth hardware (I remember the first promos for the minibrute, ms-20 mini etc.[I call it the second wave of analog revival {cause there was a first wave of a revival}]). My ex-gf would be like, "What are we doing today?" and I would reply, confused, "I mean...I know what I'm doing today..."

My colleagues keep telling me I'm going to meet that "special girl" and I keep explaining I am truly not looking (not being sexist, I just happen to be attracted to the female sex).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

I love Cambodian Psych Rock...you want some mean fuzz tones...this is the place...I find there is an additional sadness to these tracks knowing they were made a few years away from the horrors that would plague their country. I remember reading about this comp and the unfortunate truth was most the artist were executed...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:04 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I like it all friendo...and I agree with you. I do find a lot of merit in sort of sterile sounding sounds though. I love that track I posted and one of the reasons I do is because despite the dynamics literally not changing throughout the track (same drum timbres same envelope filter amount etc.) I think there is a ton of passion in sort of 'making it work'.

I went to a lot of family parties, growing up in the early 90s, when you still needed to hire a DJ, where they played TONS of generic 'Party Rock / HIts' so I have an immense love for really basic tracks like that. Sterile yet happy-go-lucky. The kind of tracks where 'you're supposed to dance'.

I'm going to post some Cambodian Psych Rock. I think that would be up your alley too. I'll post in the 'Whatever Thread' though as I don't want to shit up this one.

$harkToootth wrote:I love Cambodian Psych Rock...you want some mean fuzz tones...this is the place...I find there is an additional sadness to these tracks knowing they were made a few years away from the horrors that would plague their country. I remember reading about this comp and the unfortunate truth was most the artist were executed...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the track you posted, they were just some thoughts I've been having for some time now. It's not really the dynamics or the repetitiveness of it, it's just that I prefer x sounds over y. If you listen to my own music, you'll see that it's also very repetitive and simple, with the same sounds all the way through.
I'm a huge fan of pre-Daft Punk Daft Punk, ie. Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel's solo projects, some of those tracks are literally the same loop for 10 minutes on.

That Cambodian track I like as well, it's just too bad that recording is like it is.

$harkToootth wrote:
actualidiot wrote:That's how I feel about gear in general lol..

You're the only person "I know" (relatively) who has said that besides me.

It is funny how when people break up, one party thinks there is someone else. For people like us, we're just like, "Nah...I'm good...Just going to mind my own business for a few months (in my case years :lol:)". One of my Ex's was so convinced I was "going out to fuck other girls" which is hilarious cause...I don't think I was even jerking off at the time :lol:.

Also, you posted a thing about watching synth vids instead of hanging out / banging. That literally me when I was in my early 20's and getting into synth hardware (I remember the first promos for the minibrute, ms-20 mini etc.[I call it the second wave of analog revival {cause there was a first wave of a revival}]). My ex-gf would be like, "What are we doing today?" and I would reply, confused, "I mean...I know what I'm doing today..."

My colleagues keep telling me I'm going to meet that "special girl" and I keep explaining I am truly not looking (not being sexist, I just happen to be attracted to the female sex).

The thing is though..I'm not good. I'd really prefer to have a significant other, but the way I'm wired means that I can't set aside my interests but also problems, and just focus on the relationship and be there. My ex also suspected that I had found someone else, but in reality I was just in a rut and feeling down, and when that happens, I tend to isolate myself to figure out why the fuck I'm feeling this way. The thing with gear/music ties in with thoughts on my future and what I'm gonna/want to make of this life. I guess it's pretty common at my age to ponder like that about the future, sometimes with great fear, it's just the way that I deal with these thoughts that causes these, hopefully, temporary issues.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:23 pm

actualidiot wrote:The thing is though..I'm not good. I'd really prefer to have a significant other, but the way I'm wired means that I can't set aside my interests but also problems, and just focus on the relationship and be there. My ex also suspected that I had found someone else, but in reality I was just in a rut and feeling down, and when that happens, I tend to isolate myself to figure out why the fuck I'm feeling this way.

Did you talk to her about this? Maybe she could have understood and/or helped you through the rut? Sometimes people just want to help.
Not trying to be invasive...
Also:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Yeah, of course we talked about it :) It's just a situation where one part is ready and willing to give 100% and the other part is like "I got this thing that's more important than us", which is really unfair.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion