The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby reckon luck » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm

If anyone was wondering, The Magic School Bus Rides Again is serviceable but has none of the charm of the original.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:03 pm

behndy wrote:
calfzilla wrote:
behndy wrote:oh shit why didn't anyone tell me Hulu has all the Adult Swim stuff?

VENTURE BROTHERS MARATHON FUCK YESHHHHHHHH.

Oh Jesus thank you for saying this out loud. I knew they had Adventure Time and Regular Show but didn’t know about the rest of it.

yeshhhhhhhh. i've only watched the first 3 or so seasons of Adventure Time. that is NEXT.

So much fun. Very offbeat humor. Regular show is great too. I thought they were in a mild circle of hell for the longest time.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Amazon produced this, so relevant. I am so looking forward to 'Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWku5rgaJWM
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby karmablock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 am

Devil Man Cry Baby. I loved it until the last two episodes then :whateva:
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby neonblack » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 am

The kid and I sat down to watch the Godzilla anime on Netflix. Pretty decent stuff.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sears » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 am

Can I put in a good word for Match Game 75 on Amazon? My only complaint is that there aren't more of them. I love that show. when in doubt, "boobs"
sears

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Amazon Prime video just added a metric F-ton of interesting-looking anime. Hopefully, it's not all dubbed.

The missus amd I have been occupying our show hole with Grace and Frankie, which has proven to be surprisingly decent, and I'm still trudging through Andromeda, which is, by no means, Gene Roddenberry's crowning achievement, but still keeps my interest for the most part.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am

Speaking of Gene Rodenberry...
I don't know why everyone, apparently, hates Star Trek Discovery.
I guess because they don't like knowing that gay people actually exist and there are colors of human other than white? :idk:

It's a pretty decent show, now that I've gotten deeper into it.
SPOILER : show
I'm actually warming up to the Mirror Universe plot/arc, as well (I've hated the Mirror Universe/Terran Empire plot ever since I first watched Star Trek). Especially with the latest twist from the most recent episode.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 mainly because I think the look of the Klingons is godawful.

Also, I started watching Bull and I like it.
It definitely seems like it's just a slightly more specific version of Lie to Me, but since that only lasted a few seasons, I'll take what I can get.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 am

ck3 wrote:Amazon Prime video just added a metric F-ton of interesting-looking anime. Hopefully, it's not all dubbed.

The missus amd I have been occupying our show hole with Grace and Frankie, which has proven to be surprisingly decent, and I'm still trudging through Andromeda, which is, by no means, Gene Roddenberry's crowning achievement, but still keeps my interest for the most part.

Thanks for the heads up! Been wanting to watch Darker Than Black again, dubbed or not.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I almost hate to suggest this since the last half of the series is only available on DVD, but... Seasons 1 and 2 of Banshee are on Prime and that show was a ton of fun.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:04 pm

calfzilla wrote:I almost hate to suggest this since the last half of the series is only available on DVD, but... Seasons 1 and 2 of Banshee are on Prime and that show was a ton of fun.

100%. I stopped watching in the 3rd season I believe. I started watching it 'ironically' when it first came on but...then I just really liked it. Then I got my Dad and brother into it.

I should catch up...it was such a cool show. There was one episode in the second season that...was so beautiful...it was like Terrence Malick directed an action show for Cinemax :lol:

*Also, nice avatar choice :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Just finished Creep 2. Very enjoyable, and an hour and 20 minutes so I didn't waste half the day!
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:24 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
calfzilla wrote:I almost hate to suggest this since the last half of the series is only available on DVD, but... Seasons 1 and 2 of Banshee are on Prime and that show was a ton of fun.

100%. I stopped watching in the 3rd season I believe. I started watching it 'ironically' when it first came on but...then I just really liked it. Then I got my Dad and brother into it.

I should catch up...it was such a cool show. There was one episode in the second season that...was so beautiful...it was like Terrence Malick directed an action show for Cinemax :lol:

*Also, nice avatar choice :lol:

I bought seasons three and four on DVD/Blu-ray because I had to see how it ended :picard: you're welcome to borrow at some point...

I watched (most of?) the first season of Glitch a while ago... it was nice to see a movie about randomly resurrected family members that wasn't a spin off of the same damn thing. Did anyone catch the fact that "The Returned" and "Resurrection" were based on the same thing and aired a year apart? I thought I was having the crappiest Mandela Effect moment.

Also noticed that both seasons of Humans is on Prime. Love that show for some reason. Mostly because the actors portraying robots are still less awkward and automated than my usual social interactions.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:34 pm

There's probably 4 or 5 movies and television shows with that plot that have come out in recent memory. Even more if you include the version where the zombies are "cured", but are still essentially zombies, then you can add like 2 or 3 more, including some that haven't hit wide release yet.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Corey Y wrote:There's probably 4 or 5 movies and television shows with that plot that have come out in recent memory. Even more if you include the version where the zombies are "cured", but are still essentially zombies, then you can add like 2 or 3 more, including some that haven't hit wide release yet.

Yeah, it's basically Return of the Living Dead minus the midgets and toxic waste, so nothing new... It was just really bizarre to see a TV show start... And then the exact same show start on a different network with different cast members while the first show was going through season 2. My lizard brain just kind basked in the glory of the unabashed copying until it realized those golden rays were cold.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion