The Video Game thread



Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 am

Playing hard games is fun because you get good if you can stick with it. Usually the rewards are worth it.

bloatedsack wrote:. I'm no longer remotely compelled to go back to the toxic shitfest of Overwatch (haven't seen Doomfist, havent' done any Season 5 stuff, I just don't care) because the community of players turns me off. A bunch of my friends still play religously every night, but I hang in party chats or just watch the message group light up with disgust and hate... I can't do it to myself anymore.


Same here.
No other game makes me salty like competitive Overwatch. It's the first time I've ever rage quit a game and not played for months......it's not really in my personality even. fuckin' game. :picard:
Half way through Season 3 to current have not been fun for me.
I don't know if its because I've played since the beginning and am burnt out or the changes Blizzard are making it a worse game overall (or it feels cheap sometimes)?

I'm mostly playing PUBG now......which is also competitive (sort of), and it doesn't piss me off at all.
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Achtane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Overwatch is even less fun Team Fortress 2 but with the worst part of online gaming (competitive nerds).

Been playing The Long Dark.
It's pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 12848
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: under the manchineel

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby bloatedsack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Andrew wrote:Overwatch summer games is about to hit, gotta get dem Mercy skins. I want something nice to hold me over until I can get the Halloween one that I missed last year.


I almost feel compelled to play just to get Eidgenossen or whatever it's called; the new one is meh levels... Its kinda just like the Sigrun but... greek. Maybe she says something fun, I dunno?

I tried to log in to see how many coins I had left, but there was a queue so I went back to Elite.
bloatedsack

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:32 am

I lose overwatch games when i play on my ps4, but win on pc. Ether way, im a god at junkrat but im sad that i suck.

Just Cause 3 had ruled my life.
ImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.
ImageImage
PetZounds wrote:GOD IS DEAD BECAUSE HE SMOKED TOO MUCH WEED

https://sindiablo.bandcamp.com/
https://starkingberkeley.bandcamp.com/releases
BitchPudding

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3747
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Supposedly Sunny California

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 am

GAS KING wrote:Playing hard games is fun because you get good if you can stick with it. Usually the rewards are worth it.

bloatedsack wrote:. I'm no longer remotely compelled to go back to the toxic shitfest of Overwatch (haven't seen Doomfist, havent' done any Season 5 stuff, I just don't care) because the community of players turns me off. A bunch of my friends still play religously every night, but I hang in party chats or just watch the message group light up with disgust and hate... I can't do it to myself anymore.


Same here.
No other game makes me salty like competitive Overwatch. It's the first time I've ever rage quit a game and not played for months......it's not really in my personality even. fuckin' game. :picard:
Half way through Season 3 to current have not been fun for me.
I don't know if its because I've played since the beginning and am burnt out or the changes Blizzard are making it a worse game overall (or it feels cheap sometimes)?

I'm mostly playing PUBG now......which is also competitive (sort of), and it doesn't piss me off at all.


Personally, I just play Quickplay for about 2 hours maybe 3-4 times a week. When I do, it's Mercy or some other support role so people are just grateful if you're good. No intention of playing competitively. I just like online games where there's more to it than running and gunning. It's why Metal Gear Online was supposed to be great, team based stealth and tactics is pretty rare nowadays.
Andrew

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, Auslandia

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby bloatedsack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:14 pm

IF you like that, Rainbow 6 Siege might be interesting to you.. There's definately a whole other level of tactics and strategizing that goes into it when you PvP.

I tried it, it's fun, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I can now blow a hole in a wall and then shoot through the hole.
bloatedsack

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby imJonWain » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 am

I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg
PC1.jpg (212.62 KiB) Viewed 106 times



Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg
fallout1installer.jpg (265.8 KiB) Viewed 106 times
imJonWain

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: Boston Area

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 am

Fallout 1 is the best.
Also, that tower is totes normcore.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:Speak softly and carry a big dad dick.
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am

Old PC cases is rad.

I'm thinking that my next PC is going to be a tiny micro ITX build though. Don't see the need to have a super beefy 4K/Ultra Wide 1440k rig plus small PC are hella cute.
Andrew

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, Auslandia

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby oscillateur » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:51 am

Andrew wrote:Old PC cases is rad.

I'm thinking that my next PC is going to be a tiny micro ITX build though. Don't see the need to have a super beefy 4K/Ultra Wide 1440k rig plus small PC are hella cute.


Select the case and cooling gear carefully then, because a small PC is only cute when it's not noisy as fuck :).

Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).
oscillateur

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby imJonWain » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 am

yeah I will do a smaller build when I build my next PC... Probably no more full atx again. This case incidentally was only a a tiny bit bigger than the smallest case with full atx support I could find and was so much smaller than my midtower I had already. It's definitely louder but I went with a Scythe big shirken PC cooler and it's quiet n cool now. The Power supply actually sits alongside and parallel the motherboard which is different.
imJonWain

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: Boston Area

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby GAS KING » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

oscillateur wrote:Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).


I pre-ordered and was never unhappy with it. Only played a few hours every few weeks since launch (36 hours total).
People are saying this is how the game should have released 1 year ago.

Wiped my normal mode save.
Played it a couple hours last night.
The game runs better and looks better.
Haven't gotten too far yet, but it seems better, more interesting, less confusing.........sounds like there's more "end game" to play too.
I haven't tried building a base or anything like that (I messed with it in creative mode for an hour). portals or whatever else was added yet.
A lot to explore.
Going to give it 3-4 hours tonight. I will probably start over again. :idk:
GAS KING

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby bloatedsack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 am

imJonWain wrote:I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg



Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg


I remember assembling whiteboxes at work for cheap hosting servers and using this exact same case with those distinctive LED wedges. That had to be about 1999 or so?

I've flogged it before, and I'll do it again: If you like the original isometric Fallouts then you should try Wasteland 2, which is the true sequel to the original game that inspired Fallout.
bloatedsack

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 am

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

GAS KING wrote:
oscillateur wrote:Also, No Man's Sky just got a big update with an actual story mode and some multiplayer, I bought it some time ago and just played one hour or so because something annoyed me and I don't have that much game time but this might be a good occasion to play it again (mostly the story mode).


I pre-ordered and was never unhappy with it. Only played a few hours every few weeks since launch (36 hours total).
People are saying this is how the game should have released 1 year ago.

Wiped my normal mode save.
Played it a couple hours last night.
The game runs better and looks better.
Haven't gotten too far yet, but it seems better, more interesting, less confusing.........sounds like there's more "end game" to play too.
I haven't tried building a base or anything like that (I messed with it in creative mode for an hour). portals or whatever else was added yet.
A lot to explore.
Going to give it 3-4 hours tonight. I will probably start over again. :idk:

This is exciting. I'm in the same boat; pre-ordered, put about 36 hours in, and was never unhappy with it. But I haven't played in months. I'll have to check out the updates
MrNovember

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: Just outside of Toronto, Ontario

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby imJonWain » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 pm

bloatedsack wrote:
imJonWain wrote:I found a compact PC case from THE YEAR 2000!!! in storage at work so took it and rebuilt my PC into it... It's a sleeper now haha
PC1.jpg



Then today I dug out my Fallout 1 cd and installed that along with some patches so it'll run on Windows 7! Gonna play this foreverrrr

When 600mb was huge...
fallout1installer.jpg


I remember assembling whiteboxes at work for cheap hosting servers and using this exact same case with those distinctive LED wedges. That had to be about 1999 or so?

I've flogged it before, and I'll do it again: If you like the original isometric Fallouts then you should try Wasteland 2, which is the true sequel to the original game that inspired Fallout.




Yeah I really liked Wasteland 2, the only problem I had with it was the same issue I had with Underrail. I felt like it Lost steam towards the end a bit.
imJonWain

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: Boston Area

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.