Chris Cornell



Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby popvulture » Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Can we trade Wittgenstein for a new Knobs video?
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am
Location: Austin

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby BitchPudding » Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 pm

popvulture wrote:Can we trade Wittgenstein for a new Knobs video?
BitchPudding

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4113
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Stardust Speedway

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby ritz » Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm

TBH the schtick was already getting tiresome. That masturbatory "oh let me constantly overly-drop my abstruse philosophical knowledge entirely out of context" routine. I'm so over your adolescent "my shits more obscure than yours" philosophical hipsterism. Oh except it's "ironic" right? So it's not actually your insecurity leaking out relentlessly, you're too cool for that of course. Blah blah fucking blah, whatever dude. "Ooh look at me I'm trolling TGP. Oooh look at me I'm philoso-trolling ILF." Go masturbate to Nietzsche in your room, stop jizzing all over ILF in your (ironic performance of ?) self congratulatory excitement over some books you read. Wisdom comes from the heart, yours is lacking. Fuck off.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

AlexGlassLungs wrote:I’ll just come here to help everyone jerk off to ezhi&aka pedals and stick my finger in the butthole of Industrialectric. I’m a part of that too I guess...
ritz

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Invisible Man » Fri May 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Plot twist: Wittgenstein is an alt of mine.

Also just ignore the obvious trolling and talk about how rad Cornell was. Because he was rad and he deserves to be talked about.
Last edited by Invisible Man on Fri May 19, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Invisible Man

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4265
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm still having trouble saying that Superunknown is better than Badmotorfinger. Obviously I've been listening to a lot lately. Convince me.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: America's Sorrow: New Jersey

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby ritz » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Fuuuuck
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

AlexGlassLungs wrote:I’ll just come here to help everyone jerk off to ezhi&aka pedals and stick my finger in the butthole of Industrialectric. I’m a part of that too I guess...
ritz

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby popvulture » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

To me it's hard to even really compare the two... I feel like Badmotorfinger's the rockier, heavier record, and Superunknown is a lot more of an exploration of intricate/elaborate studio stuff. It's just a matter of what you're into—I personally like Superunknown because I always viewed SG as being a new iteration of a 70s hard rock band, and that was their heady record on which they really hit their creative stride. Nothing wrong with liking BMF more though! :idk:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am
Location: Austin

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Look, hes probably posting this sonewhere else and laughing his arse off, so don't get too invested in the shit he says.
Most of us can see what's going on, so just ignore his baiting and move on.

Having said that, that notion of successful people "having it all" and still committing suicide as an act of "selfishness" or whatever, is really fucking dangerous. As someone that has battled depression for half of their life this is a pretty big loss. Chris was a hero to me, and while not everything he did was gold, granted, there are some amazing offerings in his catalogue. And they got me through really dark times. When you see someone like that end up the same way you've fought hard against in the past, and probably will again in the future, it can be a very diminishing prospect that make you question how you can make it when they couldn't.
For any ILF peeps affected in the same way, and I know there are a lot of you who have battled against suicide and depression in recent years, as well as in the past, and on the tail of losing one of our own, I just wanted to offer my shoulder to to lean on, and I know plenty of other people around here have done that in the past as well. We might be thousands of kilometers apart from each other, but we don't have to be alone. Just a PM and a chat can help.
Look after yourselves.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11146
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby popvulture » Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 pm

I've also got a lot of sentimental attachment to Superunknown. It and a few other albums of the time (first other big one that comes to mind: Dirty) were my first forays into alternate tunings and just trying new/weird stuff. I remember reading that The Day I Tried to Live was in EEBBBB and it blew my little baggy-jeaned alternateen mind.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am
Location: Austin

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby popvulture » Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 pm

And very well said, Pope :hug:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am
Location: Austin

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Is that song EEBBBB? God SG fucked with so many alternative tunings, what a band.

I think I bought Superunknown first when I was like 10, but for me the album with Mind Riot is going to be the winner. That song is so out of this world. Fuck also New Damage. The back half of BMF is so stacked.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: America's Sorrow: New Jersey

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby ritz » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Plot twist: Wittgenstein is an alt of mine.

Also just ignore the obvious trolling and talk about how rad Cornell was. Because he was rad and he deserves to be talked about.


Mind slightly blown. Assuming that you're telling the truth, that there is not another Matryoshka doll layer to this troll.

He was your perfect foil, too perfect.

I almost threw in a line about "IM at least strikes a balance with his posturing..." :lol:

So uhm... "Ironic peformance of" ...

Some high percentage of that comment might still apply dude. You're not an asshole, you just have an alt to act out that part of you?? Trolling that deep...

Wtf why are you trolling this thread (and person's death) with an alt???
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

AlexGlassLungs wrote:I’ll just come here to help everyone jerk off to ezhi&aka pedals and stick my finger in the butthole of Industrialectric. I’m a part of that too I guess...
ritz

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Yeah that song is all drone e and b. Its awesome.
Strange Tales wrote:I'm still having trouble saying that Superunknown is better than Badmotorfinger. Obviously I've been listening to a lot lately. Convince me.

Theyre two different records, you cant really conpare them.
If Superunkown hadn't been as over produced and sounded like BMF it wouldve sucked.
If BMF had been as overblown as SU then it may be comparable, but it also may have sounded like contrite garbage.
The songwriting efforts on the two are worlds apart from each other, though, and I like both for vastly different reasons.
BMF for its straight up weird-Sabb rifferery and SU for its psychedelic apocalyptia.
The Bsides from that 90-94 period are amazing.
Everyone should go check em out.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11146
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Jesus Was a Robot » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

I love Super Unknown but I like Down on the Upside better. If you want a trip, listen to their first two albums. Ultramega OK and Louder than Love.

So crazy how the sound evolved over the years.
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s

"The only thing I can muster after reading this thread:

Thanks Obama"

-raj007
Jesus Was a Robot

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 15618
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 19, 2017 8:06 pm

popvulture wrote:And very well said, Pope :hug:

Sorry dude, I missed this.
Thank you :hug:
Right back at you.

jwar wrote:I love Super Unknown but I like Down on the Upside better. If you want a trip, listen to their first two albums. Ultramega OK and Louder than Love.

So crazy how the sound evolved over the years.

The Nothin to Say EP is also awesome. Art punk weirdness.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11146
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Corey Y, GAS KING and 10 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.