Chris Cornell



Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm

rickenbastard wrote:Total bummer. Most dudes are lucky to sing like that for 3 albums and he sang like that for over 3 decades.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.
I don't use this word often but Chris Cornell was 'gifted'. Time is not on your side with vocals and it is an anomaly he could retain that powerful voice...for three decades.
I'm really saddened by how he passed. I feel for his family. But we're also fortunate he was able to share his gifts with the world.
comesect2.0 wrote:can you still see me popV ?funny how yall were vestigial soundgarden rapin other week...ilf collective foresight

I thought this was bizarre too comesect. Literally last week we were all talking about how much we loved SOUNDGARDEN.

One of my first pedals was the DOD Grunge Distortion and I still have it (and it is actually one of my favorites [It doesn't turn off so when you have it on...it is in full effect]).
$harkToootth

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 19, 2017 1:06 pm

This thread in gif-form

Image
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.


iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
Sunflower Correspondence:
http://soundcloud.com/kent-gulbrandsen
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9623
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby $harkToootth » Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 pm

:lol: :cry:
$harkToootth

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Did they wrap him in a fish taco?

I don't get it.

And I went to Cornell.
http://disarmdarcy.tumblr.com
http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, Monkeydancer

Eivind August wrote:Well, if you don't really need anything, then don't buy anything? :idk: Spend money on beer, clothes, or better yet, start saving. Travel somewhere you've never been before. Invest.
Disarm D'arcy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: France

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Wittgenstein » Fri May 19, 2017 1:35 pm

If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.
"I abhor (Mill's) vulgarity, which says: 'What is right for one is fair for another' 'what you would not, etc., do not unto others' which wants to establish all human intercourse on the basis of mutual services, so that every action appears as a kind of payment for something done to us."

Iommic Pope wrote:Deepcover TGP accountant troll for the win.
Wittgenstein

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby BitchPudding » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:This thread in gif-form

Image

Bruh. :lol:
ImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.
ImageImage
PetZounds wrote:GOD IS DEAD BECAUSE HE SMOKED TOO MUCH WEED

https://sindiablo.bandcamp.com/
https://starkingberkeley.bandcamp.com/releases
BitchPudding

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Supposedly Sunny California

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby friendship » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Wittgenstein wrote:If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.


Jesus christ dude please try to get laid
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby sears » Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm

I've never been so pleasantly surprised by someone's solo albums. Not being a heavy blues a la Zep or Soundgarden guy. His solo stuff is so tender!
sears

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm

The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.
oldangelmidnight

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm

BitchPudding wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:This thread in gif-form

Image

Bruh. :lol:

I knew ILF's meme king would approve. :hug:
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.


iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
Sunflower Correspondence:
http://soundcloud.com/kent-gulbrandsen
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9623
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.


^^^

In all seriousness, 90s alt rock is unimpeachable, Soundgarden is rad, and I like head banging to the foo fighters.

Also, and most importantly, your behavior is ridiculous and pointless, and no amount of philosopher's name dropping will make up for that. I used to think you were a witty playful troll. But clearly, this is neither witty nor playful. It's just boring, insipid and simply annoying when we could exchange music that dude made and we like.

friendship wrote:
Wittgenstein wrote:If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.


Jesus christ dude please try to get laid


Or maybe just enter a sensual relationship with a fish taco. Fish tacos are philosophical as fuck because of the mayo. Fact.







Last edited by Disarm D'arcy on Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://disarmdarcy.tumblr.com
http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, Monkeydancer

Eivind August wrote:Well, if you don't really need anything, then don't buy anything? :idk: Spend money on beer, clothes, or better yet, start saving. Travel somewhere you've never been before. Invest.
Disarm D'arcy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: France

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby BitchPudding » Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:This thread in gif-form

Image

Bruh. :lol:

I knew ILF's meme king would approve. :hug:

Image
ImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.YO YO ITS YA BOI.
ImageImage
PetZounds wrote:GOD IS DEAD BECAUSE HE SMOKED TOO MUCH WEED

https://sindiablo.bandcamp.com/
https://starkingberkeley.bandcamp.com/releases
BitchPudding

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Supposedly Sunny California

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Strange Tales » Fri May 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:The one rule here is don't be an asshole. Wittgenstein, everyone's telling you that you're being an asshole.


^^^

In all seriousness, 90s alt rock is unimpeachable, Soundgarden is rad, and I like head banging to the foo fighters. Also, your behavior is ridiculous and pointless, and no amount of philosopher's name dropping will make up for that.

friendship wrote:
Wittgenstein wrote:If we accept Nietzsche's formulation that the anti-political == nihilism, then that seems right. The "50s aesthetic" I'm referring to is the sound, but there is also an ideological similarity, with the rejection of the idea that all is politicized. But this isn't unique to punk. Politicized rock is, in general, a sickness.


Jesus christ dude please try to get laid


Or maybe just enter a sensual relationship with a fish taco. Fish tacos are philosophical as fuck because of the mayo. Fact.


Mayo in fish tacos? The fuck?
Image
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US
Pedal Demo Videos (WOW!)
multi_s wrote:it's like looking at ascii porn basically, but animated, and french.
Strange Tales

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: America's Sorrow: New Jersey

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:40 pm

It's an existential fish taco. He doesn't care.
http://disarmdarcy.tumblr.com
http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, Monkeydancer

Eivind August wrote:Well, if you don't really need anything, then don't buy anything? :idk: Spend money on beer, clothes, or better yet, start saving. Travel somewhere you've never been before. Invest.
Disarm D'arcy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: France

Re: Chris Cornell

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm

If I say Sartre, does that make it more factual and smart?
http://disarmdarcy.tumblr.com
http://instagram.com/disarmdarcy
http://youtube.com/channel/UCkZCZc7w0QdhKnsrEenyGRg
http://barragemusic.eu/

Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, Monkeydancer

Eivind August wrote:Well, if you don't really need anything, then don't buy anything? :idk: Spend money on beer, clothes, or better yet, start saving. Travel somewhere you've never been before. Invest.
Disarm D'arcy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: France

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: actualidiot and 6 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.