· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Post a reply

Copper Condenser Microphones v2

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:52 pm

This is an improved version of the mics I built to record at the Emanuel Vigeland Mausoleum in Oslo.

Condenser mics, require 48v. Built in XLR cable. Fits a standard sm57 mic clip, will come with one.

2 super wide pattern
6 standard cardioid pattern
Roughly 5-6 inches long, 1 inch diameter. 25ft of cable.

Re: Copper Condenser Microphones v2

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am

How much?

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:09 pm

I can vouch for these as I have one of the OGs. It's a nice mic!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Yeah, interested in this as well.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Price will be $85 plus shipping or $155 for a pair. For EU people, I will be in the UK at the end of September if you want cheap shipping. They should be available on Wednesday.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:15 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Price will be $85 plus shipping or $155 for a pair. For EU people, I will be in the UK at the end of September if you want cheap shipping. They should be available on Wednesday.

Cool, I'll take a pair.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Awesome! I'll only accept payment once they're built tested and ready to ship.

4 on hold, 4 left. Future batches may cost more, because I recycled some other gear into these. So my cost of materials was cheaper.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 am

Oh yeah I'm down for this

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:29 am

Debating this hard. Not really recording right now but when I do a pair would be excellent.

Edit: I support this endeavor from afar. I have basically zero interest right now in multitrack recording. Proof is that I have the means but make no effort. Too busy making sounds and simply just recording live takes.
Last edited by codetocontra on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Letting the silicone in the tails dry with a better strain relief method than the v1; this will also allow disassembly if there is ever a need for repair.

3 left not on hold. May do another run in November at this rate.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am

All completed and tested. PM me if you want em. Only time they will be at this price.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:28 am

these are great. in the future will you be doing any without the cords built in that can plug in a normal mic cable from the body itself (have the connector built into the tube)? would be really interested in these if you are

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:39 am

If i build these again, it will most likely have an xlr jack. I built these because I had an XLR to TT snake to recycle,making it more budget friendly. The cost of a jack that would fit is about $13 plus fees, and it has to be super precisely drilled if i want it to fit :lol:

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:49 am

DRodriguez wrote:If i build these again, it will most likely have an xlr jack. I built these because I had an XLR to TT snake to recycle,making it more budget friendly. The cost of a jack that would fit is about $13 plus fees, and it has to be super precisely drilled if i want it to fit :lol:

great! im subscribed to your forum so i will wait to see whenever you end up doing another run and will most likely try to hop on that order when/if it happens. The cost of these are super affordable and im excited to see/hear how people end up using theirs from this run. Keep it up :joy:

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am

These look ace! I'm feeling like I should start saving up for a couple pipe bombs of my own.
Post a reply