BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Pladask » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Not making more of these any time soon if ever! :0 I'm still taking reservations to see how many who are interested. Send me the info requested in the original post.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 pm

wot
Last edited by Dandolin on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:24 pm

:)* :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:13 pm

I'd love to just try one of these if anyone is interested in a temp trade? I'm super trust worthy and I'll package it like a glass of wine (so super packed), insured...etc. I mean, I know no one is going to say yes, but if you're into it, let me know! I'll pay shipping both ways!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Yo
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I guess I'm a hypocrite.. you guys all trusted me to send yours and I won't even let my buddy across town borrow mine ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:32 pm

well. ILF is family :)*

wrapped up a recording session yesterday and this thing is allllllll over the interludes. blew the engineer's mind with every take. oscillating fucking madness! that -1 octave thru cranked tube amps was monstrous.. sounded like the devil was talking to us with certain flicks of a knob. I'll be sharing clips once they're ready :rock:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:49 pm

::)
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 pm

I've been messing around with this quite a bit and it's really cool in the octave down mode. You can get some really good blended octave tones. I'm really impressed by the responsiveness with how real it sounds versus other octave downs that sound fake and digital. I'd love to see your take on an octave down pedal just because of this.

I could get the standard crystals algo type sounds as well when tweaked just right. There's also a lot of similarities to mode 1 on the CT5, which I dig as well.

I think it would have been AWESOME to have this with an expression pedal.

Any thoughts on putting out an expanded version? This is too good to never make in any capacity again IMO.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Nice
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Expression on what parameter? If you put it on the pitch of the octave it becomes basically what 2399 delays have for time modulation. Not that it's bad, just seems kind of Meh for what the pedal does. I think going Minifooger style and having a stereo jack for expression in where the first click is one parameter and then all in is the other, being able to control the freeze length, and maybe mix? I feel like you need to let the device do what it does outside of the principle of delay. I sure love it though. It's been lots of fun with my 2 swashes on the counter
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Expression on what parameter? If you put it on the pitch of the octave it becomes basically what 2399 delays have for time modulation. Not that it's bad, just seems kind of Meh for what the pedal does. I think going Minifooger style and having a stereo jack for expression in where the first click is one parameter and then all in is the other, being able to control the freeze length, and maybe mix? I feel like you need to let the device do what it does outside of the principle of delay. I sure love it though. It's been lots of fun with my 2 swashes on the counter

I don't understand what you're talking about :s but if you guys could clarify I may consider it for the potential/maybe-at-some-point second batch
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 pm

:lol:

So like standard delay dive bombs .. where you modulate the time parameter and it changes the pitch of the delayed note. It is my opinion that's very similar to the octave idea, but without the consistency.

The freeze bit seems like a great place for expression control. Being able to stretch a note out with the treadle..

Also I feel like having the grain direction on an expression would be sweet as fuck. Start the grain forward (rocker forward) and then spool it back to reverse by rocking your foot backwards.

Just putting out ideas. I love mine the way it is and it hasn't left the jam table since it arrived (other than the painting)
:group:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:08 pm

You could drop a jack in and mod one for expression of any of the knobs pretty easily. Would just need the expression pedal to have the right pot.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:You could drop a jack in and mod one for expression of any of the knobs pretty easily. Would just need the expression pedal to have the right pot.

You don't really need the same pit size as long as it's in the 10 - 100k range
Pladask

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk