MATRISE - Matrix Mixer



Moderator: Pladask

MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Image

255 $$$

MATRISE is an active matrix audiomixer sporting four inputs, four outputs, sixteen level adjustment knobs and individual phase inversion switches for each of the four output channels. This makes for a powerful tool to experiment with signal routing and feedback loops. Among other things the device can be used to run parallel effect loops or amplifiers, add a clean-blend to an effect, or regenerate effects or even the mixer itself.

Manual:
https://pladaskelektrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MANUAL_Matrise_ENG_v2.pdf

Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Nice to see you in the tank! Just grabbed one of these and looking forward to it! I'm currently using a Saturnworks splitter and a Red Panda mixer to juggle three parallel loops, but this looks even better. And having a dedicated knob for dry mix will be a huge help.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

zoooombiex wrote:Nice to see you in the tank! Just grabbed one of these and looking forward to it! I'm currently using a Saturnworks splitter and a Red Panda mixer to juggle three parallel loops, but this looks even better. And having a dedicated knob for dry mix will be a huge help.

Thank you! The problem with matrix mixers though is that you''ll always end up wanting more channels :)* :)*
Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Ha! I was actually already doing some mental rewiring that made me think I could use one or two more... I think I'd need a 6x6. Or maybe a 5x5 if there were a way to add a simple S/R insert on the main line that would carry the dry signal from the input to the main output.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I did a 7x7 in case you haven't seen it. It's quite a nightmare to put together :facepalm:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVISjI5gS9l/?taken-by=pladaskelektrisk
Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby zoooombiex » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Damn. that's crazy. Nice work!
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby zoooombiex » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Just got mine hooked into the board last night. Wow.

I've been on a bit of a gear run lately and have picked up a lot of cool stuff. But I think this is the most game-changing piece in quite a while. When I went from one effects line to three parallel lines, that was like adding another dimension. Now this is adding another dimension on top of that. So many possibilities.

I think it'll take some time for me to optimize it in terms of what I put in which loops. For now I just inserted it in place of my former splitter and mixer. But just in a short while last night I got a great sense of its potential and what it adds beyond what I could do before with three parallel lines, including:

-Independent control of sends to the three parallel fx chains (I was previously using a splitter with no level controls)
-Cross-mixing of the three fx chains
-Multi-step feedback among chains, which can be very carefully controlled at low settings
-Separate dry control (crucial) - effectively expanding my prior setup from 3 chains to 4
-Polarity control of each line

I have been playing around with various mixers for a few years and I think this finally solved all the issues I've been having. I wish I had tried this sooner!
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 pm

zoooombiex wrote:-Independent control of sends to the three parallel fx chains (I was previously using a splitter with no level controls)
-Cross-mixing of the three fx chains
-Multi-step feedback among chains, which can be very carefully controlled at low settings
-Separate dry control (crucial) - effectively expanding my prior setup from 3 chains to 4
-Polarity control of each line


Received a tip from another used recently. Apparently you could use it as a crossmixer/blend with just one hand if you string up a rubber band configured as an "8" between two adjacent knobs. MacGyver hacks!
:idea:
Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Eivind August » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:51 pm

What could I do with a pen, a gun without bullets, a couple of wires, a cactus, and some bullets?

Image
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce? Get the fuck outta here.


Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield
Eivind August

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Eivind August wrote:What could I do with a pen, a gun without bullets, a couple of wires, a cactus, and some bullets?

The obvious answer would be to sell the gun and buy a matrix mixer :)* :)* :)*
Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Pladask wrote:
Eivind August wrote:What could I do with a pen, a gun without bullets, a couple of wires, a cactus, and some bullets?

The obvious answer would be to sell the gun and buy a matrix mixer :)* :)* :)*

Swords into ploughshares.
oldangelmidnight

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby crochambeau » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 pm

This thing is a work of art.

I've got a UNI/BI polarity build which had me scratching my head until I hooked it into an o-scope. At first I was thinking the polarity was an oddly labeled standard 0/180 degree configuration and was wondering why I was getting volume through the channel when all volumes were "down" when switching over to BI.

It makes glorious sense now, my hat's off to you!
crochambeau

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: MATRISE - Matrix Mixer

Postby Pladask » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:57 am

crochambeau wrote:This thing is a work of art.

I've got a UNI/BI polarity build which had me scratching my head until I hooked it into an o-scope. At first I was thinking the polarity was an oddly labeled standard 0/180 degree configuration and was wondering why I was getting volume through the channel when all volumes were "down" when switching over to BI.

It makes glorious sense now, my hat's off to you!

Thank you! :)* :)*
I understand your confusion. That's the main reason why I decided to update the UNI/BI into the O/Ø switch.
Pladask

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway


Return to Pladask Elektrisk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.