FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback



Moderator: Pladask

FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby Pladask » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:01 am

FABRIKAT is a Granular Synthesis and Sample Playback multi-FX. The project is an offshoot from my workshop series "FORM" commissioned by BandOrg who has funded and provided input on FABRIKATs software development.

Effects include:
-Granular Time Stretching, Freezing, Delay, Shuffling and Masking
-Pitch Shifting Time Stretching, Compression and Tape Stop
-Beat Repeater
-Reverse Delay
-Glitching Sample Playback

Features Include:
-Feature rich mixer/wrapper
-Expression / CV input
-16 Algorithm (Spin FV-1)
-1590BB enclosure (Romferd, Tåken)

Early 2018
Pladask

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby cantremember » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 am

This one sounds like it's gonna be very cool! pitch shifted time stretching seems like a really fun idea
cantremember

User avatar
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Az

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby Pladask » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 am

cantremember wrote:This one sounds like it's gonna be very cool! pitch shifted time stretching seems like a really fun idea


Not sure if I use the correct terminology, but I'm referring to time stretch/compression that alters the pitch as you slow down or speed up the sample playback (similar to Alexander Syntax Error). There will also be a granular time stretch program with an independent pitch control too
Pladask

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby cantremember » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 am

Ah that makes sense.
Last edited by cantremember on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantremember

User avatar
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Az

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:50 pm

It's so good already (prototype user here AMA (not really doe))! :snax:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11202
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:23 pm

:!!!:
oldangelmidnight

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby lumena » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Super!
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: tampa,fl

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby damnableman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 am

This is going to be amazing. Very, very excited to hear it.
damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby goroth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:09 am

:!!!:
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby drolo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 am

I followed the updates from Bandorg during the workshops and it sounds fantastic. It's so cool that you did a workshop like that :-)
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby goroth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 am

Actually no, please don't make this.

I am really satisfied with my board as it is.
Don't make me change it.
Tetris anxiety.
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby damnableman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 am

damnableman

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby zoooombiex » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:08 pm

damnableman wrote:Yes please.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYNitBdjyto/


Ahhhhh, very nice job on the time stretching. Sounds pretty smooth (non-flangey) compared to others.

What is the max buffer size (record/loop length)?

And any chance of a wet-only fx loop?
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 pm

zoooombiex wrote:
damnableman wrote:Yes please.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYNitBdjyto/


Ahhhhh, very nice job on the time stretching. Sounds pretty smooth (non-flangey) compared to others.

What is the max buffer size (record/loop length)?

And any chance of a wet-only fx loop?


Thanks! The Time Stretching will come in different flavors. The max buffer size is 1 second (standard FV-1 limit). There's no room for a fx-loop in my hardware solution. Deal breaker? Would have loved to add everything in a 1590F enclosure. Will have TONE, FEEDBACK, MIX and VOLUME.
Pladask

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby zoooombiex » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Pladask wrote:
zoooombiex wrote:
damnableman wrote:Yes please.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYNitBdjyto/


Ahhhhh, very nice job on the time stretching. Sounds pretty smooth (non-flangey) compared to others.

What is the max buffer size (record/loop length)?

And any chance of a wet-only fx loop?


Thanks! The Time Stretching will come in different flavors. The max buffer size is 1 second (standard FV-1 limit). There's no room for a fx-loop in my hardware solution. Deal breaker? Would have loved to add everything in a 1590F enclosure. Will have TONE, FEEDBACK, MIX and VOLUME.


Thanks! Certainly not a dealbreaker on the fx loop. I already run parallel loops but am always looking for ways to streamline things :)

And thanks for clarifying on the buffer size. I didn't realize the FV-1 had that limit built in. That's too bad. I'm sure I'll still be grabbing one of these. But until someone can do time-stretching on 10+ second samples I'll probably end up keeping a EHX 16SDD on the board.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 am

Next

Return to Pladask Elektrisk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.