Postby Mokosound » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm afraid they did but it was sold out in seconds? :idk:
Mokosound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: FABRIKAT - Granular Synthesis / Sample Playback

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:13 pm

echorec wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Getting resource limit reached notifications on the web site. Lets see if it crashes when everyone is trying to order.

5:07 and it appears they still haven't updated their stock. These kinds of free-for-alls just infuriate me. You spend 20 minutes refreshing, just to be stonewalled. I don't like 3-month pre-orders either, but this isn't much better.

So, what's the solution, echorec?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dandy13 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Mokosound wrote:I'm afraid they did but it was sold out in seconds? :idk:

Thats what I'm assuming :idk:
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

echorec wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Getting resource limit reached notifications on the web site. Lets see if it crashes when everyone is trying to order.

5:07 and it appears they still haven't updated their stock. These kinds of free-for-alls just infuriate me. You spend 20 minutes refreshing, just to be stonewalled. I don't like 3-month pre-orders either, but this isn't much better.

I was ready at 5pm but the site hit its resource limit and I wasn't able to load the page for another 45 or so seconds so they must have all sold out to folks lucky enough to have the RNG land in their favor. Frustrating to be there and ready and have a sever load issue be the reason you can't get a shot at buying something. Crossing my fingers for the next batch of 50 in January I guess.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mokosound » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm

:( Sale postponed to Wednesday he says on Insta
Mokosound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Dandolin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm

:snax:
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Dandolin wrote:"GOES ON SALE 11 PM WEDENSDAY DECEMBER 19TH." site update

[if I'm this slow on the trigger @ go time i'm never getting one of these beauties]

Ahh. So now we get to do this all over again, alongside the Moment Machine on the same day. Some of us will get to be double losers. :lol:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm

The Moment Machine first run didn't sell out for like 3 minutes so Im hoping these aren't just gone in 10 seconds or something.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:08 pm

echorec wrote: Some of us will get to be double losers. :lol:

Some of us already are. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cantremember » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm

echorec wrote:

While I agree a 3+ month wait for a preorder would suck but at least that way you know you've actually got the pedal coming. The way these and the Cooper fx pedals are selling out so quick sucks worse than having to wait a while imo.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:57 pm

:idk:
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
echorec wrote:

So, what's the solution, echorec?

Well if Pladask can't hire more help, in order to produce more products, I'd vote for a lottery. Then people can't complain about scheduling conflicts or site malfunctions. Everyone has an equal chance. (and people get to curse their rotten luck cathartically)

The winners would be sent automated invoices, and they'd have 24-48 hours to pay. If people don't pay, then the lottery is relaunched and the next people are on the clock.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Small batch hype launch keeps hype up.

The other alternative not mentioned is just a simple wait list, first come first serve. Ask to buy one, get put on list, get notification to pay when it is done, you get a pedal at the price assigned by the builder. Keeps 2nd hand flipping down to a reasonable price and impatient people may pay more for the privilege not to wait. See HEXE and Analogman as examples.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 am

I know Pladask doesn't want to do preorders but if he's taking the orders and delivering the pedals a month later the difference seems rather moot. Seems like this was more a web hosting issue than anything else. 50 pedals is a lot and should be enough that people there at the moment they go up for sale have a good shot as long as the web site can handle a reasonable amount of traffic. I'd be interested to know the numbers that caused the crash though? Is it 25 people refreshing once a second for a ridiculous amount of time (like starting 5 minutes early)? Or is it 200 people doing that? I was getting the resource limit errors 3 or 4 minutes before the sale time so lots of people must have been going at it early hoping that they might get a few seconds of edge on everyone else.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:12 am

:idk:
Last edited by Dandolin on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk