TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay



Moderator: Pladask

TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Pladask » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Image

230 $$$

Tåken is an asynchronous dual-head delay with random modulation and a powerful send/receive-loop. A tool for conjuring psychedelia and nostalgia sparingly or in excess. Tåkens arrhythmic functions offer a surprisingly musical way to break up a traditional delays linear, predictable behavior. The insert loop expands upon this by allowing integration and regeneration of external effect pedals. Experiment away!

Manual:
http://pladaskelektrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/MANUAL_Ta%CC%8Aken.pdf

Vidz:
UglyCasanova
DarkAxel
DarkAxel
Affectperdals

Totally copied your forum-layout Teej212. Sorry dude!
Pladask

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby goroth » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Välkomna!
Olin wrote: you generally have to choose between trying to wade through honey or staring at the sun, but those are both pretty cool things to do.

My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 10729
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm

My favorite PT-based delay! :zen:

Aaaand welcome to the shark tank! :cool:
#MindGames
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.


iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10336
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby adamajah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I've had my eyes (/ears) on this little beauty...
adamajah

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:50 pm

I'm very taken with the sound of this Tåken. :love:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

"Vibraphones are like blowjobs; everyone wants one, but the good ones are cost-prohibitive."- Ugly Nora
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 30591
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Teej212 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:09 pm

yeah I love this pedal, definitely my go to delay at the moment. welcome to the shark tank dude, not even sure what you think you stole from me.
Teej212

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: NJ

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby ognoy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 am

I've had the Tåken for a couple of weeks now and I love it.
Finally I found the perfect delay for my board. Beat the El Capistan, Nemesis and PS-2.

It also does as decent "lofi-tape-warble" effect with mix at max, feed and time at min, dial back the tone a little bit and mod set to taste. ;)
ognoy

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 am

ognoy wrote:I've had the Tåken for a couple of weeks now and I love it.
Finally I found the perfect delay for my board. Beat the El Capistan, Nemesis and PS-2.

It also does as decent "lofi-tape-warble" effect with mix at max, feed and time at min, dial back the tone a little bit and mod set to taste. ;)

Where do you have the tape head knob set for this? I'm guessing fully CCW.

Let's see some Tåkens in the wild! :zen:

Image
#MindGames
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.


iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10336
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby bacegchsbis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm

ognoy wrote:It also does as decent "lofi-tape-warble" effect with mix at max, feed and time at min, dial back the tone a little bit and mod set to taste. ;)


Would love to hear a clip of this to compare to Meet Maude.
bacegchsbis

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby ognoy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
ognoy wrote:I've had the Tåken for a couple of weeks now and I love it.
Finally I found the perfect delay for my board. Beat the El Capistan, Nemesis and PS-2.

It also does as decent "lofi-tape-warble" effect with mix at max, feed and time at min, dial back the tone a little bit and mod set to taste. ;)

Where do you have the tape head knob set for this? I'm guessing fully CCW.

Let's see some Tåkens in the wild! :zen:

Image


Usually full CCW, but if I add some of the other head as well the effect gets "deeper". :) Try it.
U get some ms of "latency" though, but not too bad.
ognoy

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 am

I'm temporarily sold out and have gotten a lot of notification requests. If anyone is interested in a reservation you can PM me at info@pladaskelektrisk.com :)* :)*

I'll record a snippet with random vibrato action. I find that the vibrato is quite mild, but definitely present. The modulation max depth is dependent on the TIME setting as described in the manual. Can be made more soggy by adding some feedback.
Pladask

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Pladask » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am

Not sure how to embed instagram videos but here is a link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbb3WSFn0wr/?taken-by=pladaskelektrisk

Crappy audio quality, guitar playing and tuning :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Pladask

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Jesus Was a Robot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Welcome! All are welcome!

Want your pedals. WANT.
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s

"The only thing I can muster after reading this thread:

Thanks Obama"

-raj007
Jesus Was a Robot

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 15335
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby bacegchsbis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am

Pladask wrote:Not sure how to embed instagram videos but here is a link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbb3WSFn0wr/?taken-by=pladaskelektrisk

Crappy audio quality, guitar playing and tuning :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:


This sounds awesome. I had and traded a Shallow Water and kind of wanted it back but I love the way this modulation sounds.
bacegchsbis

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: TÅKEN - Dual Head Modulated Delay

Postby Pladask » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm

bacegchsbis wrote:
Pladask wrote:Not sure how to embed instagram videos but here is a link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbb3WSFn0wr/?taken-by=pladaskelektrisk

Crappy audio quality, guitar playing and tuning :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:


This sounds awesome. I had and traded a Shallow Water and kind of wanted it back but I love the way this modulation sounds.


Thank youuuu. This is as deep as it goes though on the shortest delay setting unless you add feedback. The Shallow Water seems really cool with the LPG!
Pladask

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Next

Return to Pladask Elektrisk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.