The "Ask DRolo" Thread



Moderator: drolo

The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:26 am

Dear, drolo,

Is the Stretch Weaver the result of a conceptual mashup of these two thangs?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eewHIVWRvkc



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McZYYe0kAtg

Thanks,
Chanks
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36303
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby Paul_C » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Image

Image
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Dear, drolo,

Is the Stretch Weaver the result of a conceptual mashup of these two thangs?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eewHIVWRvkc



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McZYYe0kAtg

Thanks,
Chanks


Yes, but I am not legally allowed to officially state it.
So this is only an unofficial answer.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Paul_C wrote:Image

Image


the second part of this statement is also true
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby MrNovember » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 pm

I am currently playing these two videos at the same time and I have the following thoughts:
1) this is a really weird concept for a live show; these guys are basically just writhing around on top of their pedalboards
2) I really shouldn't judge them; this is what I do 90% of the time I'm making "music"
3) this actually "works" surprisingly well
4) when I get a Stretch Weaver I am Stretch Weavering the shit out of these videos
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:48 am

MrNovember wrote:I am currently playing these two videos at the same time and I have the following thoughts:
1) this is a really weird concept for a live show; these guys are basically just writhing around on top of their pedalboards
2) I really shouldn't judge them; this is what I do 90% of the time I'm making "music"
3) this actually "works" surprisingly well
4) when I get a Stretch Weaver I am Stretch Weavering the shit out of these videos


heck yes !! :!!!:
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:36 am

Dear, DRolo,

Does this dude use the correct pronunciation of "drolo" at about 13 seconds in?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPx8rp8SIk

Thank you! :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36303
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 am

Chankgeez wrote:Dear, DRolo,

Does this dude use the correct pronunciation of "drolo" at about 13 seconds in?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaPx8rp8SIk

Thank you! :snax:


Dear Chankgeez,

There is no correct or incorrect pronunciation of that word.
The example you mentioned above is very pleasing :)
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 am

:lol: I knew you were gonna say something like that! :!!!:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36303
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby adamajah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I can't even think of another way to pronounce it. Why am I so simple minded? :cry:
adamajah

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm

adamajah wrote:I can't even think of another way to pronounce it. Why am I so simple minded? :cry:

Just imagine yourself saying it wearing a beret and holding some baguette under your armpits :)
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby adamajah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 pm

drolo wrote:
adamajah wrote:I can't even think of another way to pronounce it. Why am I so simple minded? :cry:

Just imagine yourself saying it wearing a beret and holding some baguette under your armpits :)


Ahhh .. i see the light

Image
adamajah

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:12 pm

adamajah wrote:
drolo wrote:
adamajah wrote:I can't even think of another way to pronounce it. Why am I so simple minded? :cry:

Just imagine yourself saying it wearing a beret and holding some baguette under your armpits :)


Ahhh .. i see the light

Image


ouii
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Wait, it's not Dr. Olo?
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: The "Ask DRolo" Thread

Postby drolo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 pm

neonblack wrote:Wait, it's not Dr. Olo?

Image
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Next

Return to drolo



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.